( search forums )
Experiment (Soldat + PSP)
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Kazuki
April 2, 2005, 8:26 am
Well, check it out. I managed to import the Soldat install file into the PSP as a "Save" file. When I activated it, a "Soldat" directory was created in my friend's PSP's Memory Stick Duo 32 MB. You can check this by hooking up the PSP onto a computer with Windows 2000 and higher OS and check the removable drive that appears in My Computer. Inside it there are folders such as "MP_ROOT, MUSIC, SETTINGS" which contain files that can only be read by the PSP. Well, I managed to create a Soldat folder inside my Saves folder, and the whole directory is in there. Of course, the PSP doesn't have a mouse, but the directional buttons still work as navigation, and when I went to set up my keys, they didn't change wording "A, S, D, W, and X" all stayed the same, but the registries for those keys had supposedly changed or something, as my key setup worked (except for a few functions, because the PSP doesn't have enough keys). My setup is as follows:

Left: Left D-Pad
Right: Right D-Pad
Jump: Up D-Pad
Crouch: Down D-Pad
Prone: Cross Button
Grenade: Triangle Button
Shoot/Choose Weapon: Circle Button
Reload: Square
Mouse/Cursor: Control Stick
Weapons Menu: Select
Menu: Start

I recorded two 15-second videos with my digital camera. My camera only lets me record for 15 seconds straight, so I can't help it. Finally, the videos are in .mov (Quicktime) format, because of my camera's software, so you'll need Quicktime player to view them. Heh, sorry.

Download: Soldat On PSP Videos (3.1 MB)

Tell me what you think. Christ, it took me so long to set everything up because of PSP's inability to have an attachable keyboard, so everything I typed (my name) took a long while. I had to work mentally a bit to figure out how to create a whole new directory as well. Anyway, hope you think it's cool. Boosta, this definately beats your Palm Pilot (PDA) fake image.

mitokon
April 2, 2005, 8:35 am
thats awesome...
i want a psp...

Gen0cide
April 2, 2005, 9:03 am
thats awesome,now I want a psp too..
Pretty smart that you figured out how to do that :P
I wonder if you could play it "online" with someone else who uploaded it to their psp too?
Like..with the multiplayer thing thats 100 feet or whatever?

Unlucky 13
April 2, 2005, 9:22 am
SWEET!
Yet DS would port it better I think, touch pad, but how to do that...

Yukwunhang
April 2, 2005, 12:43 pm
DON'T BELIEVE IT APRIL FOOLS.

MOFO NOFO
April 2, 2005, 1:01 pm
it says 2nd of april, and GOOD IDEA I WANNANANANA PSP!!

Denacke
April 2, 2005, 1:02 pm
Read the underlined letters, small hint ;)

MOFO NOFO
April 2, 2005, 1:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenackeRead the underlined letters, small hint ;)

WHAT THE [IMAGE]>.... howd you know?? smart people in here...

i wonder whats in the d/l.. better not be gay pron

Alamo
April 2, 2005, 3:13 pm
You're too late.. april fools is on the first of april :)
How did you do it? Did you create Vids of Soldat and played them on the PSP? :)

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 3:13 pm
the DL is actually footage of a PSP, with footage of soldat ontop, the finger motions kinda give it away aswell, and u posted on 2nd of april kazuke :D

Melba
April 2, 2005, 3:14 pm
APRI/ FOOLS!!

Melba
April 2, 2005, 3:19 pm
IT WASNT APRIL 1ST WHEN YOU POSTED IT!!!

I PITY THE FOOL WHO THINKS APRIL FOOLS COUNTS ON APRIL 2ND.

Kazuki
April 2, 2005, 3:46 pm
Yeah, well, I posted very late because I spent so long trying to figure out how to make it work. There really are two movies of me using the PSP in the download.

Edit: Okay, the deal is that this is all just a late April Fools joke, for those of you who didn't figure it out. :) I don't want to give you wrong ideas about the PSP. While you can actually create the Soldat directory and the Soldat files in the PSP itself, you cannot install DirectX or any of the registries. As of now, there is no possible way to play Soldat on the PSP, but there might be in the future, if Sony releases patches that allow Hard Drive browsing and/or Internet browsing.

YOU CAN NOT PLAY SOLDAT ON PSP, SO DO NOT BUY ONE JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK I DID IT. :P

All I did was make a video of myself using Fraps and converted it many times because PSP only playes MPEG4's with MPEG1/2 codecs. Then I memorized the movements and caught it on footage. That's it. I only took so long because I had a lot of trouble with conversions and file types.

Alamo
April 2, 2005, 4:34 pm
I liked it :) At least _one_ person who could make up an april fools joke :)

_Mancer_
April 2, 2005, 6:55 pm
You have too much time on your hands, kaz.

Vijchtidoodah
April 2, 2005, 8:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by AlamoI liked it :) At least _one_ person who could make up an april fools joke :)

But then everyone had to go ruin my fun by spilling the beans to people who had no idea...

Alamo
April 2, 2005, 11:20 pm
quote:But then everyone had to go ruin my fun by spilling the beans to people who had no idea...

I read half of it, saw the underlined letters and had the idea... I suppose it's not that big a problem.

Melba
April 3, 2005, 12:03 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_You have too much time on your hands, kaz.

Aren't you the one complaining about the forums being so hostile and unfriendly?

So why did you post that? Seriously, here Kazuki has thought of a kickass april fools joke, and all you comment is the time he used on making it?

Who is the one creating signatures/splashes/pictures with photoshop all day? You are.

Alamo
April 3, 2005, 12:12 am
Don't be hostile Melba ;)

Unlucky 13
April 3, 2005, 2:40 am
Oh, I thought the underlines were misspellings.

Kazuki
April 3, 2005, 3:18 am
Mancer wasn't being hostile, Melba. Jeez. :D But thanks for showing that you love me. Haha. ^^

I love you too, Mancer. <3

FliesLikeABrick
April 3, 2005, 3:31 am
very nice, and that does > b00sta's palm thing IMO

mitokon
April 3, 2005, 4:47 am
heh, some people didnt read the bottom part...
HAH!

mitokon
April 3, 2005, 4:47 am
dammit flab!

mitokon
April 3, 2005, 4:48 am
beat me while i was uploading!

Kazuki
April 3, 2005, 5:31 am
lol, That last sentence was meant to say that this is fake and it beats Boosta's fake image, but it was meant to seem like I was saying that it's real and it kicks the crap out of any fake image out there. By the way, Mitokon, use the [IMAGE] button please. :)

mitokon
April 3, 2005, 5:32 am
its the bash pit. i can do what i want.
IM RICH BIAATCH!

frogboy
April 3, 2005, 9:28 am
quote:Originally posted by mitokonits the bash pit. i can do what i want.
IM RICH BIAATCH!

paramud, stop being such an imbecile.

April 3, 2005, 9:53 am
Actually soldat can. I heard sony might use the psp os as a base for a computer. actually, the psp is still worth getting, wireless is good.

JiggaBlue
April 3, 2005, 10:15 am
Well, i thought it was character errors cause i just got done reading the think about all your base by flies.

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 3, 2005, 9:49 pm
that's cool ^-^ so much april fools stuff on sites =3 lol

BManx2000
April 3, 2005, 11:13 pm
What the... Why is that guy in your avatar getting struck by lightning in the balls?

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 4, 2005, 1:28 am
lol it's actually smoke from his pistol D:

BManx2000
April 4, 2005, 2:03 am
I see no pistol. It looks like he's being struck by lightning in the balls, and carrying what looks like an eagle.

N1nj@
April 4, 2005, 2:09 am
BManx2000: good imaginations u sick freak :P

Maxx
April 4, 2005, 2:47 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by mitokonits the bash pit. i can do what i want.
IM RICH BIAATCH!

paramud, stop being such an imbecile.

So that's his new account.

Captain Ben
April 4, 2005, 3:34 am
Duh! I love my Ds...
Nice trick Kazuki!

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 4, 2005, 3:50 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@BManx2000: good imaginations u sick freak :P

lol yeah you can imagine that but not the actual pistol and smoke which it's suppose to be XD

Captain Ben
April 4, 2005, 4:00 am
I thought his urine was defying gravity.

Kamikaze_Ninja
April 5, 2005, 2:21 am
haha lol XD

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 2:36 am
very good idea

BManx2000
April 5, 2005, 3:32 am
Yes, it is a good idea. I shall invent a beverage that causes urine to defy gravity! Take a leak outdoors without killing the plants! Outdistance anyone in a pissing contest, since your urine will eventually end up in the outer reaches of space!

Unlucky 13
April 5, 2005, 6:14 am
Or, just take a leak on the moon.

OH OH! MOONJUICE! CALL IT MOONJUICE!

UltraMagnus
April 5, 2005, 8:39 pm

would be cool to have soldat on the psp,

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 12:39 am
how do you play the movie?

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 12:40 am