( search forums )
realistic mode ideas
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
April 3, 2005, 4:59 pm
1: set ammo. you have a set number of clips for any gun, and when you run out, you can replenish by picking up ammo pickups

2: different style jetting. in this way, jets would be very much like guns. they would not recharge, but would be drained, at which point the soldier will have to insert a new fuel canister to continue jetting. fuel cans are limited and can be replenished through jet fuel pickups

3:different recoil. in this way, recoil would be like bink, in that the crosshair grows with each shot. it would make it easier to perform quick bursts

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 9:18 pm
i only like the jets thingy.

lastpatriot
April 4, 2005, 11:08 pm
I like this, except for #3. The recoil is already there, we don't need added difficulty.

zambo_the_clown
April 5, 2005, 5:09 am
great idea, the jet canister idea sounds kinda out of place but would be neat. i think the ruger's recoil needs to be lowered cuz i have never seens a rifle like that fire with so much recoil, but the damage it deals in realistic is amazing and makes up. semi-autos recoils need to be lowered cuz who the hell fires an ak upwards and has that little strength?

Marine
April 5, 2005, 5:50 am
Providing hardly anyone does realistic as it is, I say no. No extra bink, recoil is challenging enough for most. But the jets would be fun, as an option.

SPARTAN_III
April 5, 2005, 5:57 am
no no, i meant replace the current recoil with a style simillar to bink. it would make it easier IMO

Captain Ben
April 5, 2005, 6:50 am
I like the jet idea, but on a map like Bigfalls, it wouldn't be very pleasant.

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 10:51 am
i have loved the idea of ammo..

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 11:51 am
the amo idea is not good for deathmatch, it would piss me off.

Mini Man
April 5, 2005, 1:09 pm
1 - I like this idea but i think it wouldn't work to well in soldat.
2 - I would like to see this idea, but only as an option to turn off and on, also the fact that some maps wouldnt work if you ran out of jets.
3 - Recoil - Realistic mode.

SPARTAN_III
April 5, 2005, 1:56 pm
these ideas are only for realistic, miniman

DeMonIc
April 5, 2005, 7:09 pm
Man, do you play realistic mode?! This would make it more unpopular than it is now. Soldat is too fast for ammo clips, the fuel-recharge is an interesting idea, but it's lethal in real mode, since if you can't break a fall with jet, you're toast. Making the recoil bink-like would simply suck.. have you shot a spas or a ruger lately while you were binked?

Mini Man
April 5, 2005, 7:38 pm
Ah yea i realised it was for real mode after the post, sorry, btw what does Binked mean ive seen alot of it recently..?

zambo_the_clown
April 5, 2005, 9:16 pm
i got an idea to add to your topic, how about when you run over a grenade it doesnt explode. the grenades in soldat are also mines and running over a grenade doesnt make it explode unless under tremendous pressure.

Marine
April 6, 2005, 5:09 am
I agree with you there 100%. Grenades should not explode until they time out (though I think they should explode if they hit you when thrown).

DeMonIc
April 6, 2005, 7:18 am
Ugh, the strenght of grenades is the fact that they explode and kill via contact with feet. It's the whole point of being skilled with grenades.. if you take that out, it will be all random.

Captain Ben
April 6, 2005, 10:20 am
True. You've got to feel skilled when you kill someone who's above you with a grenade, by hitting them in the feet. DON'T TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME!!

Sy1ver
April 7, 2005, 8:35 pm
Set ammo wus cool !

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 12:38 pm
can aneone explain what bink is..
I like the recoil idea.. dont hate me

lastpatriot
April 10, 2005, 12:42 pm
Bink is when your gun accuracy decreases after being repeatedly shot.

Avarax
April 10, 2005, 7:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by MarineProviding hardly anyone does realistic as it is, I say no. No extra bink, recoil is challenging enough for most. But the jets would be fun, as an option.

dont say that, there are some realistic survival servers out there which are like 50% of the day full.

ontopic:

i like all ideas, although there shouldnt be extra fuel/ammo boxes, grenade boxes should do the job in realistic as ammo, jet and nade refill :D

Sy1ver
April 14, 2005, 4:11 am
likes 1,3

Green Barret
April 14, 2005, 9:16 am
1. ---> No. One of my favorite parts about Soldat is the infinite ammo. While that isn't that realistic, why don't you just take away jet boots as well? Its part of the FUN, and no video game can ever be perfectly realistic.

Heres how this idea looks to me : Limited ammo = less fun(to me) = bit more realistic but STILL unrealistic for the most part. This is why i feel its not needed.

2. ---> I disagree. I feel this is another useless step to making an action packed game that was not made with real life in mind to a more "realistic" game. It might make players use jets carefully, but i fear that more players might use miniguns or SPAS instead. Not only would it be annoying, it would be even more unrealistic.

3. ---> Nay. One of the things I enjoy about realistic mode is that i can CONTROL the recoil. In Soldat, I can fire a full mp5 clip on real in full auto with 12 rounds hitting the target. Now thats skill.

Enlarging the crosshair as recoil takes away that effect. As you fire, your rounds will randomly fire in a radius that you can't control. I find that highly unrealistic.

On of the differences between special forces and the Army is that the special forces are trained to control their recoil. It allows them to hit their target more. So rather than enlarging anything, the recoil as of now is most realistic.

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 2:49 pm
hmm set it as options not as have to's...

i think we don't go on with soldat if everything come in complete with no choice or have no chance to come in..

like the idias... and the ammo prob... maybe have places to pick up ammo... and it makes u to have a look at ur ammo not even spreaing arround with it...

so far.. hope parts of it will realized