( search forums )
DM Ecuador
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
grand_diablo
April 3, 2005, 5:19 pm
[IMAGE]

Download:
http://dibo.clawz.com/stuff/Ecuador.PMS (40 kb)
Supports T/DM, Rambomatch, Pointmatch

Close Combat Jungle DM Map, suited for 1on1s and 2on2s, more player would make it too crowded. Eventhough there is quite few space, you need to fly a lot in this match and show precise aiming, good timing and intelligence (boost your enemy into the air with a nade and them frag him with the primary etc.). No hideout is 100% safe.

Lots of sceneries have been placed for the right feeling, and after many testmatches with M-o-D it turned out that Ecuador has a high fun factor.

No waypoints, as the map may be small, yet very hard to waypoint cos of its layout.

Have fun!

Alamo
April 3, 2005, 5:43 pm
ah great :) among all the mediocre maps there are still good looking, well designed maps.
Thumbs up.

N1nj@
April 3, 2005, 5:59 pm
I love all the sceneries placement, very good job on that. *click*

Skate4Razors
April 3, 2005, 6:33 pm
It's a nice looking map. I don't understand how grass and liana mixes with the stone on the outer layer, but that's just my opinion. Good job.

Norse
April 3, 2005, 6:39 pm
Oooo. This looks so simple, yet so fun. I agree with S4R about the liana and grass sceneries on stone...it doesnt really mix that well. 10/10 for simplicity and fun!

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 6:43 pm
Yea same thing..about the liana placement..and really my first thought was..'Is he really a mapping moderator??!'

Because i seen others making maps..like that..But i must say i love it! 9/10 from me =)

Rambo_6
April 3, 2005, 6:54 pm
a little too jagged in areas for my tastes, but it's pretty cool in terms of layout.

GluLm
April 3, 2005, 7:03 pm
The grey layer is really ugly... my first reaction was "What the hell did he put such ugly colours?"...
No black surroundings gives a weird feeling for a so-called "jungle map". It's not dark and closed enough in my opinion.
Sceneries placement isn't that great either, too condensated not enough spread around. Even though it's a small map, it feels like playing in a vivarium!
Otherwise it's pretty simple map, not that much of an original one.
Good job anyway. It could have been better (especially coming from you, grand_diablo) but it's still ok.

Darkspirit
April 3, 2005, 10:25 pm
I disagree with you glulm about too much sceneries, it's a jungle map;
Make the level darker for an enclosed map;

Maxx
April 4, 2005, 2:50 am
Wow, this does look nice for about 4 ppl.

I really like this, great job.

And try to get waypoints, oh pleaseplease.

=D

MercyM
April 4, 2005, 5:34 am
Looks great, but green and grey don't mix together....

Felix
April 4, 2005, 5:38 am
don't like it, too much stuff in it, and pretty small

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 8:25 pm
Mmmm, it's okay. Not my style though

Maxx
April 4, 2005, 10:47 pm
I' ve now played this and realized it's too small for me.

Norse
April 5, 2005, 12:24 am
Actually...after thouroughly investigating this map...I have to say that it isn't so great. No the worst!..no...but not the best either! What it needs is stone edges protruding where no lianas or plant life grows, and greenish poly's to make the lianas look like there hanging from the structure, without having the huge contrast. I think this could really help your map. :1

Boxo
April 5, 2005, 6:50 pm
I don't like the graphics at all, for reasons stated above. The layout too is at most average. You coudl've done better imo.

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 7:13 pm
Ahhh , my favomap :) the thick jungle :)

STEELIX
April 5, 2005, 9:25 pm
Meh... just... not original. :(

I like original maps :D I'm drawing a sketch of my newest idea right now... like a three way comet soaring through the universe, with a red lava-ish part, a green jungle-ish part, and on the bottom a blue water/ice part. I'll have to find time to make this though, since I'm quite busy with school again these days...

Ripper.
April 6, 2005, 5:17 pm
looks really cool!