( search forums )
Shuffle teams by Kills
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Sam
April 3, 2005, 6:36 pm
Have you ever been in a CTF server where one team always pwns the other team? Well, my idea is for there to be an admin control (/shuffle) that shuffles the teams according to kills.

For example, in a full, 8 player server, all alpha players are on the top of the leader board (when you press F1) and all bravo on bottom. What this admin command wo9uld do it mix the teams so each team had two better players and two worse players, thus making the teams even!

This could be really handy when you are on a team of noobs getting pwned by some really experienced team. It could also be a vote, like vote map or vote kick, it would be 'vote shuffle teams by kills'.

The reason it would be kills and not points is because if a noob got a lucky cap he would be counted as a good player and therefore matched with another noob thus making another crap team. Well, how you like the idea and have some positive feedback.

UltraMagnus
April 3, 2005, 9:33 pm
i like it, although, perhaps there should be a option to set it to be done automatically every round too

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 11:07 pm
after a game?

Deleted User
April 3, 2005, 11:26 pm
It wouldn't work well for INF matches.

Sam
April 7, 2005, 1:52 pm
Thats why it would only be for ctf matches.

Liber_Lupus
April 7, 2005, 2:49 pm
Would make the game more fair and better to play. No-one likes to lose.

Rhombus
April 7, 2005, 2:51 pm
clanwars?

Liber_Lupus
April 7, 2005, 3:25 pm
It would be optional.

Denacke
April 7, 2005, 3:31 pm
Nice suggestion, I was planning on making the same one some day :)

i am ahab
April 8, 2005, 11:37 am
a lil nasty but how about having a script to kick all the players at the end of a game using the remote admin. and having the even teams option enabled to stop people all joining the team that won....
and hey presto! shuffled teams every new ctf game! *bows*
sorry if thats not actually implementable i havent really thought through the semantics of it, just thought the method was viable... :d

er of course that assumes everyone still wants to play and rejoins... and its a bit of a rough solution... and it doesnt guarentee shuffling the teams... in fact its plain stupid.
*shuffles off dejectedly*

what you'd need to know is where in the server app memory the players team attribute is and change it... by concentrating really hard and using the power of positive thought i guess...

Captain Ben
April 8, 2005, 2:04 pm
I like the idea, but Ahab, it's a bit harsh kicking players (???), and your sig looks way too big... Be sure to take a look at the forum rules.

DT
April 8, 2005, 3:28 pm
auto shuffler...my old suggestion...
that would work well
if you wana make the teams even just switch yourself like i normaly do
but of course everyone wants to win...

i am ahab
April 8, 2005, 3:45 pm
yeah i thought my solution was a bit radical ben. just a thought. ta for the siggy warning tho.
so how is this implememtable anyone? just curious as to others' thoughts as id like to see this brought in as im fed up of changing teams in pubbys only for 3 reasonable players to come along onto the team i just left and giving me a solid thrashing for the next 5 games....
ah the joys of pub servers!

Cowzilla
April 8, 2005, 3:55 pm
I think the auto shuffle is a good idea. I like it!

qazwertred
April 9, 2005, 9:19 pm
Nice idea.

If this one doesn't get added to the game we could always fix it another way.

It shouldn't be so hard to add the /shuffle command to the Soldat Admin program. The source is realeased so that isn't really a problem. Only thing needed is someone that got delphi and knows how to use it.

You could make the server count your kills (points-25*caps). It shouldn't be to hard just to shuffle the player as mentioned in a previous post. If there are equal kills, random could be used. When done, the Admin prog would send lots of /setteam commands to the Soldat dedserver and everyone would be whining about the shuffle. :)

Problems... Only people with that adminprog would be able to use it. Voting wouldn't work.

So, it would still be best if this would be added in the game. But sometimes there isn't to much time and stuff, then we have to do things ourselves.

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 7:02 pm
I think after every game, the teams should be randomly shuffeled, so the next game would be totally unexpecting. just completly random shuffeling after each round. =)