( search forums )
A few things.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Harwin
April 4, 2005, 1:29 am
1. I HATE it when i run to get a power up, like a berzerker, predator or something and then it disappears when i am 3 pixels from it. What i'd like is like... When a power up only had 5 seconds left before it moves to another spot, it starts disappearing and reappearing fast to bring attention, like it does in many different video games.

2. I wrote this in another topic but I'd like to see if a game i am going to join is in Realistic mode BEFORE i join it as i really dislike realistic mode and it takes up my time going into a server with it, leaving and finding another....

3. Slingshot... This would be quite a neat secondary weapon, wouldnt it? It wouldnt do much damage to others but its a great way to escape fast, just throw it away like a grenade (Power-wise) and as its end, Some sharp thing thats sticks in walls is attatched to a rubber band thing, you fly away quite fast.
Its not like you throw and are gone in a millisecond so you can avoid like Barret shots but i think its a decent idea.

4. This is a question, not a suggestion (Hey, that rhymes) but i dont think it needs a new thread.
I've seen some people that actually play Deathmatch and stuff on CTF levels. Me and my friend has started getting a little annoyed that there isnt many maps to choose from (We know all maps in our sleep now) so we'd like to play DM games on the CTF games... Possible? I cant pick them where i pick maps at least.. :S

Meandor
April 4, 2005, 3:59 pm
Yes, you can play DM on ctf maps. They just won't come up in the vote list, an admin has to do it manually (/map ctf_B2b etc.).

Liber_Lupus
April 4, 2005, 4:05 pm
You can already see if the server is realistic or not. Scroll the lobby page to right, you'll see all kind of information about the server.

Harwin
April 4, 2005, 7:02 pm
Really? I Don't see it.

It says Name, Info, Mode, Map, Players and Version

I dont see anything about realistic mode or not there. (I mean the page, not the lobby in the game, the game lobby is annoying on me anyway, never downloads the whole list.)

So you cant select the CTF maps normally so it just switches to them? Too bad. Oh well.

Marine
April 4, 2005, 7:13 pm
Scroll right.

kwanfei
April 4, 2005, 7:52 pm
Ya, it is on the right, u have to scroll to see it

UltraMagnus
April 4, 2005, 8:47 pm
you can use filters too!

i like the idea about flashing powerups, or perhaps if they dont disapear if somone is within say? 15 pixels of them?

and you can play ctf maps in non ctf modes, another way is to make a copy of the map and delete the ctf_ bit at the front

Harwin
April 4, 2005, 9:02 pm
The problem is that there is no place to scroll to, the site ends where it ends and there is no scroll list on the bottom or whatever.

http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073/

I tried now again, but its impossible to scroll still.
No idea whats wrong then. :/

Magnus: That they dont disappear when you are near them is a good idea, but then i'd like you to be able to be further away, like 200 pixels. :P

Tried the CTF thing, worked well.
But i dont think the removing ctf_ thing will work, then they will have to download the map, right?

That NEVER works for me.

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 9:10 pm
yah the bonus things should start like flashing and stuff before it dissapears. GOOD IDEA!!!

Marine
April 5, 2005, 5:54 am
quote:Originally posted by HarwinThe problem is that there is no place to scroll to, the site ends where it ends and there is no scroll list on the bottom or whatever.

http://lobby.soldat.pl:13073/

I tried now again, but its impossible to scroll still.
No idea whats wrong then. :/

Magnus: That they dont disappear when you are near them is a good idea, but then i'd like you to be able to be further away, like 200 pixels. :P

Tried the CTF thing, worked well.
But i dont think the removing ctf_ thing will work, then they will have to download the map, right?

That NEVER works for me.

Enter the lobby server that is included in the game, it gives much more options. Open the game and go to "Join Game"

Vijchtidoodah
April 5, 2005, 6:13 am
How about the bonuses just never disappear? And to make sure nobody gets a bpv, berserker, and cluster at the same time, just make it so that only one bonus can be in the game at one time.

Captain Ben
April 5, 2005, 6:49 am
Yeah, but sometimes the weapon boxes glitch up and end up in walls and other places which can be a pain in the ass to get to... like on bloody deadly polys and you have little or no jets.

UltraMagnus
April 5, 2005, 8:07 pm
having them never disapear would be good if there was a limit of say 5 that could be in the game at any one time. as for them ending up on bloody deadly ect, why not make the powerups "die" wwhen they hit bloody deadly?

Harwin
April 6, 2005, 9:55 am
Yep, and look so they dont collide with polygons (Go inside, that is.)

And let me quote my own post.

"(I mean the page, not the lobby in the game, the game lobby is annoying on me anyway, never downloads the whole list.)"

So i would like that added to the site if possible, as i usually only download about 20 servers or so in the game.