( search forums )
Programs?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 3:15 am
What programs do you guys usually use making these apps?
do you use C++ or just C programs like Visual Basics?

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 5:17 am
notepad.

if you want to learn somthing extremely easy, try 32 Bit Windows Assembly :)

http://www.masm32.com/

FliesLikeABrick
April 4, 2005, 12:24 pm
rusty uses Java, enesce uses Visual Basic, I use php for my website scripts (and am also about to use C++ for some stuff), FoZ uses delphi.

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 12:57 pm
alright cause i was gonig to do something (that was probably already made) for soldat. Thx funny enough i can get everyone of those programs for free.

FoZ
April 5, 2005, 3:18 am
Aye, you might want to start with VB, its pretty easy to learn and use, and then move on to Delphi, and maybe someday C/C++
Gradual steps can hardly ever fail as long as you try :p

- Word to your mother.

Elephant_Hunter
April 5, 2005, 6:10 am
What the?... FoZ, you on something? Do not start with VB! You'd be teachin' bad habits, boy.

Really, it's best to start with C++/Java. I'm not saying it's easy, but you would be learning the greatest programming languages of today. Delphi and Python are cool, but aren't standards. PHP/ASP/JSP and other server-side interpreters are a whole 'nother animal, but if you like building webpages and want instant results they are quite fine.

I started with VB 4.0 and I am still trying to break bad habits.

Enesce: Move on to Notepad++ . I have found it far more useful and faster than notepad.

pongo
April 5, 2005, 3:07 pm
c# and microsoft .net framework

u can use notepad, visual c# (u can download free version), #developer (free)

Add:
Do not start with VB, start with c++ or c#. Maybe delphi 2005?

BManx2000
April 5, 2005, 7:45 pm
Come to think of it, I was trying to learn Java a little while ago. Could someone post some good tutorials? The ones I found were either too simplistic or they moved too fast. No books or other $-required things, I don't care about it enough to spend money (or have a credit card or access to a book store).

FoZ
April 7, 2005, 4:48 am
Ick, pongo!!!!!!!!!! anything past Delphi 8 is UGLY... and da*n straight evil.
Get ahold of Delphi 6 or 7 (Edit: I use D7 :)) if you want to learn Delphi...
Lee, Sit boy! VB Isn't that bad you know, its good for the noobies, ... meh your right though.. it will scar you ;(

DePhille
April 7, 2005, 1:13 pm
just so funny the hardcore programmers say VB is for noobies...
you know what ? i looked it up , the ppl that say VB is for nobies are noobies in VB , VB can do all the stuff all the other programming languages can , it just needs a HUGE knowledge.

EDIT: Although i know VB , i wud prefer knowing C++ , but VB can also do the fancy stuff C++ ,Delphi , ... can

Elephant_Hunter
April 7, 2005, 10:43 pm
DePhille, you comepletely missed what I was saying. Didn't I just say that VB was not for noobies? VB is bad not only because it is slow, but it teaches bad programming practices. It's very good for RAD.

People who used VB were enraged that they had to conform when Microsoft modified it for .net... I say that VB.net is much better. It has a fully integrated OOPs structure and now helps new programmers learn basic programming ideals.

DePhille
April 8, 2005, 6:03 pm
No worries EH , i understand english ;) it was directed to FoZ :)

Elephant_Hunter
April 8, 2005, 9:46 pm
Oops... heh. I over-react sometimes.

FoZ
April 8, 2005, 11:42 pm
Yes you do, Sit b*tch! before i smack you in front of everyone =/

DePhille
April 10, 2005, 6:53 pm
/me smacks EH around a bit with with VB6.0 Enterprise edition :P

FoZ
April 11, 2005, 12:40 am
Oh look, IT DOES LEAVE A MARK!