( search forums )
No text in menus (was: Soldat Problems)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
EndertheXenocide
April 4, 2005, 4:44 am
I have done nearly everything I could possibly think of. This is what is going on. Earlier today I got on to the computer loaded Soldat. Request servers like normal. I click 'Join Game.' I get an error that read 'Can't play with custom Animations. Please reinstall Soldat.' So I backup some of the important files, taunts, configuration settings, the normal things that most people don't want to go back and redo. I do run one mod and that is the Blue Mod, that I got off these forums (great mod, love it). I installed that mod over 4 months ago. So I just now had got that error. Well, I uninstalled the game after I had made backups for some of the files. Moved the files to My Documents. Deleted all else that was on the C:\ Drive under the Soldat folder. Reinstalled soldat. Yet I got a bigger error. The entire Soldat game is corrupted and doesn't work at all.

Here is what it looks like:

http://img230.exs.cx/img230/4980/soldaterror7ga.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe someone could help me out a bit. I am having some problems and I have tried installing 3 different times.

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 8:22 am
Here's an idea.

Uninstall Soldat. Delete the Soldat folder. Restart.

Reinstall Soldat. Restart.

Play.

b00stA
April 4, 2005, 9:21 pm
Usually a simple restart fixes this.
(READ THE STICKY)

EndertheXenocide
April 5, 2005, 3:21 am
Apparently, something so simply is always over looked. Thanks. To bad that I didn't try taht earlier. I just got tired of my damn computer [IMAGE]ing up.