( search forums )
America's Army Styled Weapon Mod?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
MrKittens
April 4, 2005, 5:15 pm
I have an Idea for a Wepon mod :P using America's Army Styled Weapons
Wepon Set:(?Means I dont know the Real Name)
Dual Magnums=Dual M9s
HK5=
AK74=AK74
Steyr=M4a1Auto
Shotgun=Shotgun?
Ruger=M4A1
M79=M203
Barret=SPR
Minimi=
Minigun=SAW

SOCOM=M9
Knife=Knife
Chainsaw=Chainsaw
LAW=RPG
Errr Anyone care to add :P
It whouldnt really be hard to get the SFX from AA Since I Have it on my computer but the Spriteing just isnt my thing :P

MercyM
April 4, 2005, 5:27 pm
The AA will be angry to you, if you copy their sfx... XD

Alamo
April 4, 2005, 7:02 pm
How about using an M-60 instead of the original Minimi. It's very similar to the SAW but anyway.
Maybe make the HK MP5 a silenced SOPMOD. I'm not sure but using subsonic ammunition lowers bullet speed -> lowers power of the bullet, right? So I think that would also fit from the damage side ;)

The Ruger should be an M16A2, not an M4A1. I'm guessing (again) but I'm quite sure that the M4A1 is the full-automatic version and the M16A2 is the (more accurate) semi-automatic/burst mode version of the M16. Clip size and fire rate would suck though :/

A little advanced maybe, but you could make the Deagles an M16A2 in burst mode :) I don't know how to do this but it has previously been done in the ... Henchin Mod (maybe).

I don't wanna turn this into a M16-derivate mod but afaik there's a shotgun addition for the M16 (just like the M203) that can be put under the barrel. Maybe use that one? :)

MercyM: I guess the AA wouldn't even notice that he uses their sounds. And if they did notice, would they care? After all, it's their game that is being advertised for.
So much for that :) Yes, I've been playing AA too lately.

Rhombus
April 5, 2005, 7:24 am
Come on man, a saw instead of a minigun??? NO! A SAW is the same kind of weapon as the FN minimi, which it should replace.

kylerlandry
April 7, 2005, 2:22 am
Minimi could be replaced by RPD. TheSPRshould be the ruger since it's semi-auto and the M24(i think thats the one in the game) should replace the barrett...or you could have a better looking barrett replace the barrett they had an mp5 file in the AA game file Iheard on the AA forums but it wasnt implemented in the game.You could also have the AT4 replace the law since it's in the game now.