( search forums )
(moved) HOW DO YOU ADD AN AVATAR!!!11
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 10:59 pm
read this (you dont have to just scroll to bottom)

Step One: First, begin by navigating your browser to our forum's search engine. This will allow you to search our forum and find the resources you need faster, more effeciently, and without the wait!

Step Two: Now, you should see a screen like the one below. I will explain, to the best of my knowledge, what each area of the search function means so that you may better use it to your benefit. Here we go:

*picture*

Search for: You type what you are searching for in this box, such as mp3 or henchin mod.
Match exact phrase: When you check this button, search only returns the results that exactly match what you searched for. This is used for when you know what you want and you want it fast.
Search for all words: You select this radio button when you need to find something, but you don't know where its at exactly or quite what you're looking for.
Match any of the words: Don't use this. Just don't.
Search Forum: Here you select which section of the forum you want to peruse. This is important, because you want to narrow your search down as much as possible! So be sure to select an area relevant to your search. So if you need help, search in the Need Help? Report Bugs! section.
Search in: This allows you to choose what part of the posts your search will delve into. Entire message searches the entire post, and Subject only looks through the subject of the post.
Archived Posts: Don't touch that. It will break search more often than not, and you want results, right?
Search by date: When you use search, try to keep this as recent as possible. The farther back you search, the longer it will take and you may even make search fail to return any results at all.

Step Three: Still with me? Good! Now, we're going to teach you how to do a proper search. First, you want to type in your search query, or what you want to search for. As an example, lets say you need help getting your mp3's to work in Soldat, so, try typing mp3 in the Search for box. Now, since you are looking for help, you want to search in the Need Help? Report bugs! section of the forum, so select the drop-down box and choose that forum from the list. Your end result should be something like this:

*picture*

Step Four: Congratulations! If it looks the same as the picture, you have succeeded in using search. Go ahead, click search and browse through the results. If you have too many, or if search did not work, try setting the date to something more recent, such as a month or a week. See how quickly you got a response to your possible question? It is truely amazing, friend. Now you have no excuse as to whether or not search works! Welcome to the forums!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
thats what came up when i clicked on how to edit your profile in the FAQ......

so how do you add an avatar?

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 11:04 pm
IF YOU KNOW TELLS ME!!11

Maxx
April 4, 2005, 11:12 pm
N e body remember when I had a problem with this?

Lol, I was such a noob then, that was sodang hilarious.

Deleted User
April 4, 2005, 11:16 pm
i was askin for help not insults maxxx so do you know?

Michal
April 4, 2005, 11:49 pm
go to [URL] click browse select your pic click host it.
get the url given, put it in your profile where it says avatar.

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 12:06 am
thx

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 12:10 am
still doesnt work....