( search forums )
Scenery in maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 3:42 am
I recently did my first map (that actually looked very good for a first attempt) but now in trying to zip the map i realized i have no list as to what scenery went into my map and didnt write it down as i went...it seems all i can do at the moment is delete all the scenery and start over which i dont want to do...

Is there some type of list or way i can find out which sceneries are in this map without restarting that whole part of the map?

I am using the Original map maker (MM+ never worked -_-) if that makes any difference

Pulp
April 5, 2005, 4:02 am
Sort the files by the date they were changed ?

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 4:03 am
i do that but considering alot of scenery was added and then deleted (cuz i didnt like the look)...i dont believe that would work

Pulp
April 5, 2005, 4:08 am
Hmm, then go for the rather weird technique. Open the *.pms file in notepad, ans search ( ctrl + f ) for 'bmp'.

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 4:10 am
sounds fun lol...ill get to that right now...if it works omg *worships*

Pulp
April 5, 2005, 4:11 am
Best do it with a copy of your map, and don't change (and save) anything in notepad. :)

Vijchtidoodah
April 5, 2005, 4:22 am
Nononono...don't open it in notepad!

Sometimes that screws up your map and you'll have to start all over again. Just install Soldat into another directory, then copy and paste the map into the maps folder, and you should be given a list of the sceneries that you need.

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 4:26 am
*shifty eyes*......*runs back to other computer to test*

Pulp
April 5, 2005, 4:28 am
Bleh, there's no thrill in that, Vijcht, that's so oldfashion, oldskool even...

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 4:30 am
lol ok my map is scott free...ill remember all this next time...thank you both!

Edit: using the first method i found sceneries i used but soon deleted yet they were still in the listing...so if i plan to release this out will i need to include those (while yall are here ill be testing the second method to see)