( search forums )
"You cannot play with modified animations" errors.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Nebben
April 5, 2005, 4:57 am
Suddenly I cannot connect to any server. I get an error message that says I cannot play with modified animations, but I have no modified files in my Soldat folder. It also says to reinstall to fix this, and I've done so, but I still get the same error.

I haven't touched my files, and I was playing fine yesterday. Is there an update I don't know about or something? Nothing is listed on the main page. I'd like to be able to play on servers instead of against bots. :(

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 5:03 am
Read the Sticky next time please.

quote:"Cannot play with modified animations"
A box comes up saying Cannot play with modified animations. Please reinstall Soldat.
This one is really simple: Reinstall Soldat using the full package. Reboot your computer just to make sure everything works fine.
There are 2 reasons for this box to appear: either someone/something changed the animations or there was a change between winter<->summer time.

Cookie`
April 5, 2005, 6:11 am
Blashphemoush daiylight savings time messes everything up reall good :\ is soldat y2k compatible? :\ gotta make sure for the y3k

Gen0cide
April 5, 2005, 6:12 am
Cookie,you gonna be alive for y3k?....thats in what,995 years?

Nebben
April 5, 2005, 7:26 am
Okay, I read it.

Why in the hell would a CMOS time change cause an animation corruption error? Seriously.

And why has this not been fixed if it has existed for this long?

DNA.styx
April 5, 2005, 9:18 am
Nebben, follow the instructions that Swazo linked to. And if you posted to the correct forum you will not suffer the fools who still think it's April 1st.