( search forums )
Deagles to M1 Garand
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
DePhille
April 5, 2005, 11:43 am
This mod changes your old-fashioned deagles into a new fancy M1 Garand with Dum-Dum Bullets.

Dum-Dum bullets are the bullets that have a little cross carved in the top of the bullet , when they hit something they split up creating a much bigger wound. (thats why it has two bullets ;) , i wanted to name it Dual-Barelled M1 Garand but thats too long :P)

The mod has sounds included , like the famous PING sound of an M1 Garand. I also changed the bullets to yellow bullets (dum-dum) , the flame is much bigger and its a big weapon :).

Try this with alotta John bots (they use deagles as their standard) , the sound you hear then is magnificent , just like on the movies :)

Now , before you all go post your bad comments , this is my first mod :P.
(any comment is welcome ;) )

Download : http://mr.netpub.org/mod.php?id=8
Stats Page: http://mr.netpub.org/soldat/modpage.php?modid=8

Screenshots:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Grtz , DePhille

SPARTAN_III
April 5, 2005, 12:30 pm
please provide an interface-gfx picture. the fire image looks very good. good job for your first ever.

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 12:42 pm
kk interface screenie added.

SPARTAN_III
April 5, 2005, 12:52 pm
the weapon gfx looks superb, but the interface pic..... put va blackoutline around it, make it slightly wider and it will probably be great. GJ

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 1:05 pm
I think its quite good ^_^ I like it ;)

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 1:23 pm
heh ty :)
ill c if i can widen the image another 20pixels maybe.

EDIT: Zip file fixed , interface-gfx changed , see screenshots , is it better now?

Grtz , DePhille

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 3:25 pm
try to heighten up the interface pic a bit. And make it shorter, i mean not so long.

good job ^^

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 4:28 pm
KK interface pic changed :)

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 6:26 pm
well it's the same as before sorry...i can't see any changes

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 6:32 pm
This is the old one:
[IMAGE]

Liber_Lupus
April 5, 2005, 6:35 pm
Looks nice imo. Great weapon for your first and that you bothered to update it.

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 6:47 pm
why not updating it lolz? If i dont want to update it i dont post it :)

So , lets say this was like my 10th mod , how wud u ppl rate it then?

Kirby_106
April 5, 2005, 7:45 pm
I dont see the diffrence in the update :|

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 7:53 pm
scroll up and see the M1 placed right into the center instead of under the number 1?
Also the size is reduced by 3pixels. the weapon would be in the number 1 if i just arranged it more upward in the old screenie.

BManx2000
April 5, 2005, 7:56 pm
Hmm, the barrel (or should I say the stock?) looks too thin. It should be thicker where the trigger is and gradually taper off.

UltraMagnus
April 5, 2005, 8:23 pm
good for your first mod, but as you said they split up when they hit somthing

DePhille
April 5, 2005, 8:34 pm
Bmanx2000: Well , i could but that would make it a bit too wide i guess , but thats just my opinion , dunno what u ppl think though . If you look at the original pic and "zoom out" alot with ur eyes you can see its pretty straight : http://www.secondeguerre.net/Armes/m1garandcal30.jpg

UltraMagnus: Yea ive been thinking about that alot. I thought of creating a double-barelled M1 but thats just too weird. The DumDum bullets seemed the best , also the deagle bullets arent too far from eachother so its not difficult to imagine that it is only one gun instead of two.Although if u got any better ideas i would definitely like to hear them .

Grtz , DePhille

JiggaBlue
April 5, 2005, 10:57 pm
MM, looks good, i try it.

Ooops
[IMAGE]

Hmm, i dont want a m1 now!

[IMAGE]

N1nj@
April 5, 2005, 11:34 pm
I think this is more suited for ruger, no?

SPARTAN_III
April 6, 2005, 3:17 am
oh, i see. he forgot to change n-deserteagle and the weaponname, jiggablue, u must change yourself cos he cant give u a txt file cos it would screw your other weaponnames

DePhille
April 6, 2005, 10:21 am
Also , how do i change those deagles when thrown away?
I've seen TCmod has the same problem , so i thought it was unchamgeable..

I dunno , but maybe i could create a mod swapper(program)? so u ppl can easily change weapons?

Grtz , DePhille

JiggaBlue
April 6, 2005, 12:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIoh, i see. he forgot to change n-deserteagle and the weaponname, jiggablue, u must change yourself cos he cant give u a txt file cos it would screw your other weaponnames

Who?

MercyM
April 6, 2005, 2:02 pm
It looks better now. :]

DePhille
April 6, 2005, 3:55 pm
heh ty :)

SPARTAN_III
April 6, 2005, 4:16 pm
jiggablue, he said he cant give u the weaponname cos it would screw your current weaponnames

Marine
April 15, 2005, 10:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@I think this is more suited for ruger, no?

I agree, I would rather use it for ruger, but hey, it's still pretty cool. Reminds me of a double barrel shotgun I once made for the DEagles.

I'll still play it with DEagles, though. Adds a nice touch to it.