( search forums )
why?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
UltraMagnus
April 5, 2005, 8:19 pm
i recently had too much time on my hands and started thinking (i dont reccomend it, it can be dangerous) about why i play soldat more than games such as UT2k4 and other games with uber graphics even though my computer can easily handle them, it just doesnt seem.... right?

i still cant figure it out, help?

Liber_Lupus
April 5, 2005, 8:23 pm
Because the game is simple, and little soldiers shooting each other is so entertaining.

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 8:24 pm
Soldat contains subliminal messages that occur every time you die. If you watch closely, every time your corpse falls to the ground it will briefly flash the message "Play SOLDAT".

STEELIX
April 5, 2005, 9:12 pm
I knew it!!

?
April 5, 2005, 9:27 pm
Why does the wind blow, or the caged bird sing? Once you find out the answers to these questions... tell me, then figure out why you play soldat :D

Deleted User
April 5, 2005, 10:48 pm
I play because its simple,yet the gameplay is thought provoking. And the multiplayer is so competitive (at times) it's addicting. But then again, those are only MY reasons.

Mini Man
April 6, 2005, 4:48 pm
Because its simple, fun, entertaining, less expensive, less connection time, less downloading time...you get the idea.

Borus
April 6, 2005, 5:09 pm
INF is the only reason for living, Also, I like this community, Even though I do not know most of you...

AerialAssault
April 6, 2005, 9:36 pm
Soldat is so refreshing because its just so unique and diferent from the mainstream type of games.

?
April 6, 2005, 9:41 pm
i don't like your Anti-American tone aa, you need a tude adjustment.

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 9:48 pm
soldat is just FUN! I also have a few big games good graphics and stuff, and if I wanted I could get CS... but nah. soldat is just so c00l

Deleted User
April 8, 2005, 10:40 am
Don't start a topic with crap like "Why?" and "What?"
No one will bother reading them. Remember that, for the forum and your own good..

Denacke
April 8, 2005, 11:06 am
Actually eleven people replied, and even more read it, make that twelve now.
Even 135 people opened the thread!

Neither is the question invalid or not something to ask. It's nice to discuss and it will bring up people's reason for playing.

Maybe it would be best for you to keep quiet and support, instead of break down.

Deleted User
April 8, 2005, 11:45 am
I'd been playing Worms a lot and dreaming of a game with the same 2d view but without "turns"... I started playing Liero but there was still smth missing... multiplayer! Soldat has everything what I want from a game, thats why i play it.

I dont play games such as UT2K4 because I dont like 3d view.

Marine
April 8, 2005, 4:17 pm
[quote]Originally posted by BorusINF is the only reason for living
[/qouote]

Amen, brotha brotha.

Kirby_106
April 8, 2005, 4:49 pm
cause it runs perfectly on my computer...>.>

DT
April 8, 2005, 8:45 pm
this is the only game that has shooting + 2D + JetBoots + Deagles + outstanding movement and crap + nades + stationary guns + 6 game modes + A bow and arrow as a weapon + Rage mode + Its online playing is stable + its free + its 9$ for extra stuff... i could go on and on and on... but yea you get the point...
thiers not a game out thier like this AND this fun

Zakreon
April 9, 2005, 5:19 pm
DT is totally right, its the best 2d game ever! i had this other game i downloaded called ARC, its 2d, fun, a capture the flag game.
I played it for oh.. about 3 weeks. Soldat... I've been playing for over a month
I love the game mostly because the graphics are in paint so modding is so simple and u can play online wit ur own mods.
and have u seen some games at 3d level? my friends wont play this game cause they think the graphics suck.
they said runescape has better graphics when i show em a pic!
anyway this game is just.. good! thats why we play it.
and of course the subliminal message here and there ;D

Keron Cyst
April 10, 2005, 10:51 pm
Soldat's so unique. There are no games like it, except, maybe the Stick Soldiers series ([URL]) & Liero, but this game Marcinkowski made is like a 2D Counter-Strike/Halo/<insert similar, 3D FPS here>, and dimensions completely change the method of play.
quote:Originally posted by Zakreon
... my friends wont play this game cause they think the graphics suck....
That's proba'ly why. Today's gaming seems to compose of New Generation gamers (all those into Half-Life 2, Unreal Tournament, 3D first-person games, etc.) & Old Skool gamers... us :D

Deleted User
April 11, 2005, 12:42 am
Its so addictive cause the big almighty M is an evil master mind trying to take over the world by creating small addictive games. very much like microsoft, squaresoft, and the hello kitty company

Deleted User
April 11, 2005, 6:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Taal
very much like microsoft

Aren't you playing on a Windows computer?

And I play because it actually lives up to the catchy, yet often untrue "Easy to learn, impossible to master" statement. No other game I've played can call itself that.
Plus, online is fun as hell.

blackdevil0742
April 11, 2005, 11:07 am
cause the game rulz!

dadarkman
April 12, 2005, 4:31 pm
...because we have nothing better to do, and i hate loading times, thats with all games, except this 1

(damn, now playing on a mx200, had to sell my 9600xt to pay for my 6600gt)

Ivan0
April 12, 2005, 6:02 pm
^ what he said.
The fact that you can get down and dirty in under 10 seconds is probably the main reason. I have played UT2k4 for a bit but came back to Soldat, just because the kill rate is much much faster, and 2d graphic is not too straining on the eyes