( search forums )
Gostek Maker plz....?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
mickle89
April 6, 2005, 11:42 am
Can someone plz make a gostek maker. It would be so useful. You could click on a body part on a list and brings up a window which u can edit it and has a preview of the gostek with 1x,2x,3x,4x magnification so u can see how it looks as ur editing it.

FoZ
April 6, 2005, 7:43 pm
use mspant, explorer, and windows fax & image viewer

Zero72
April 6, 2005, 9:12 pm
I think such a program would be a pretty good idea, actually.

Michal
April 6, 2005, 9:45 pm
This seems like a really good idea...
Maybe not have the actual pixelling done in the program, but have the program layout all the parts in the proper positions.

Zero72
April 7, 2005, 12:05 am
It would certainly be much more useful than rooting around in a folder full of 4 dozen files, named in a different language, and typically having to consult a different file to tell an arm apart from a leg.

Perhaps you could orient the program to a copy of Soldat, if you know what I mean, and you could click or double-click a gostek part to open it in your image editor of choice.

Kirby_106
April 7, 2005, 12:22 am
Sounds cool *Thumps Up*

mickle89
April 7, 2005, 2:20 pm
Alright now whose gunna make it....

Liber_Lupus
April 7, 2005, 2:47 pm
I doubt no-one wants to do it for free.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 15, 2005, 12:07 am
it could be kinda like interface maker, when you change the gostek files you just go to the program and refresh images. this would be really cool

FoZ
April 15, 2005, 9:24 am
I think i will get on it now, probably will have a beta in about an hour or two (maybe less).
*turns up Adema*

Edit: could anyone post the translated gostek names for me?
polish.bmp -> english.bmp

thx

MOFO NOFO
April 15, 2005, 9:36 am
look in modding faq's, its somewhere in there

MercyM
April 15, 2005, 11:32 am
Yeah, this would be awesome, no more testing and such things. The gosteks of my vietnamese version of the vietnam mod are a bit hard to do...

FoZ
April 15, 2005, 4:56 pm
Gostek Edit v0.2b (GEdit) ready to use.
I took so long because i started playing with the ragdoll, btw (looking for someone to help me piece it together when i get time).

Posted to: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=23012

If you make any translations into other languages (including back into polish), post or email them to me.. thx

hock3y
April 15, 2005, 5:32 pm
Change the topic title to reflect that this was released or make your own topic FoZ, it seems like this will definatley come in handy to modders.

FoZ
April 15, 2005, 5:54 pm
I was thinking about that, but this app doesnt seem to be much use until i get that ragdoll together ;(
But you are right, *goes to make new topic*

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 10:02 am
Yeah its better in a new topic. I'll lock this one now, lost its purpose :)