( search forums )
CTF_Teknique 1.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 6:00 pm
Alright i guess i will post the first map ive made...i plan to fix some shading things and possibly add more scenery but i do not believe it is needed...
Overveiw: [URL]

There are a total of 4 secret walls on the map 2 on each side (1 on each side wall (for sniping) and one above each base (for flag holding) which leads into a small alcove)

Waypointed- no...no bot support at the moment...i cant waypoint at all...if anyones interested in the job post here or PM me (i aint forcing anyone)

Yes this IS my first map...i like it but it is more suited for a larger amount of players (8-10 possibly?) and a rather fun CTF map if you can get enough people into it

Please report any and all bugs to me for rerelease

NOTE FOR MAPPERS: all scenery came from a map pack that my friend that got me into soldat downloaded and gave to me...if any mappers find that their scenery is in this map and would not like it in there please contact me imediately and i will remove it

Thank you for your patience and here is the download (If you have the Linked-hellz -i believe its called- mappack you will only need the map file and one scenary file "errdanger.bmp")
[URL]

Felix
April 6, 2005, 6:46 pm
Nice for your first map
but it looks like Death, and i don't like Death ;O

nvm, gj

MercyM
April 6, 2005, 7:15 pm
Looks a bit weird for a CTF map, but good job for your first. ;]

liquidis x snake
April 6, 2005, 7:26 pm
Looks and plays a lot more well fitted for a DM match, but it looks great. Good job

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 9:05 pm
I just didnt like all maps turning out fully semetrical so i decided to change it up a bit and make a map thats a lil more different then a regular CTF match

Martin
April 6, 2005, 9:07 pm
Its looks realy good.. looks very nice..

Pls check out my Map Thread ( ctf_gangwars ) and post you opinien!

Darkspirit
April 6, 2005, 9:35 pm
Yeah, good map for your 1st one.

GluLm
April 6, 2005, 9:42 pm
Not bad for a first map, not bad at all. Good texture shading and original layout.
Some bumpy polygons still remain though.
Bases aren't fair for both teams, I guess you should have made this map INF.
Overall design is quite random too, it doesn't really make sense for a CTF map or whatever team play you want either. Jetpack fuel amount is too low as well.
Some areas are completely useless and only good for camping... bleah.
Although I don't think you can make it better, let's just say the usual "nice work for a first map!". ;)

Edit: hey guys stop spamming please, ok, thanks, bye.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 6, 2005, 10:19 pm
This map looks very good for your first map. It however does look like a dm map like lxs said. It plays well, and the shading just fits the map for some reason.

quote:Originally posted by MartinIts looks realy good.. looks very nice..

Pls check out my Map Thread ( ctf_gangwars ) and post you opinien!

It's lame to advertise your work in someone elses thread.

Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 11:07 pm
hehe well what can i say i tried...i need to customize the fuel because with normal its too low but with lots its too high...so ill have to set it somewhere in between
yes ive found one polygon that juts out quite a bit and can cause you to get stuck so ill be fixing that
the pathway through the caves on left and right are basically to change a path to get away from enemy returners....some areas are for camping (no i dont approve of them...but camping can be okay if for only short periods of time) and flag holding though and can be very strategic when using them properly
some areas do make this a DM type map such as the center island which i had a different plan for yet never went through with it
I say that ctf matches cant be unfair because the teams both have to go back at some point in time so they both have a coice of routes and both have to go through each other teams course(such as how a blue bot uses a red path to return to base)

to martin i have seen this and think it is very nice...probably a huge map by what ive heard and looks nice from screenies

Michal
April 6, 2005, 11:43 pm
Pretty good for a first map,
it's nice to see a non symmetrical ctf map once in a while.
Nice shading and scenery placement.
My only suggestion would be to change the danger sign (looks crappy with the green edges ;/), or get rid of it altogether.

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 12:07 am
im going to...i actually meant to do that earlier...thanks for reminding me lol