( search forums )
Now soldat keeps restarting my comp
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
April 6, 2005, 8:15 pm
When I exit a game of soldat my computer just restarts. This doesn't happen every single time, but it happens quite often. I don't have any hacks or anything. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 6:06 pm
woooow... !
This is a strange problem... But like i sad before...
* Re-install soldat first.
- Delete soldat folder after re install.
- Restart tha computer and install soldat again. "make shore that u download soldat 1.2.1"
* If nothing works:
- Scan u computer for VIRUS...
- Did this happens with any other games?

Good Lyck !

EndertheXenocide
April 7, 2005, 8:50 pm
Some of the files probably just got corrupted. It happens. But yeah, just follow what K-one said to follow. (enen though i don't think deleting the file after you reinstalled it will affect. The new reinstall should have just replaced all of the other Soldat files.)

Deleted User
April 9, 2005, 2:41 am
Yo, I tried scannin it with norton, then doin a defrag (just for the heck of it), and that didn't help. Then I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, runnin norton, then defrag (yet again for the heck of it), and that still didn't help. So i guess I'm just gonna reformat my computer (what a hassle). And to answer your question Kone, it doesn't just restart for soldat, but even if it did restart just for soldat, I would reformat it. Who could live without soldat?!?!?!
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help me :).
Oh yeah, if anyone can contact a moderator to lock this (since I'm gonna start from scatch) that would be great.
Thanks again guys.

qazwertred
April 9, 2005, 8:23 pm
This reminds me of a problem one of my friends have. Once he quits a game, about 50% of the times he get some kind of error that restarts his computer. He has tried almost everything... format, fix drivers, change OS, change almost every part in the computer, and so on.

When he was using WinXP there was some kind of bluescreen that said something, counted down from 60 and then restarted. When using Win98 the computer just restarted without warning.

If the problem won't disappear with that format (which i might fear):

What OS are you using?

Does this ever happen when you quit any other game?

I really hope that you haven't got the same problem as him, because it looked pretty annoying with a computer that restarts after every game.