April 7, 2005, 1:07 am
Full Map Name - > Lava Lemmings < by hellsync
Filename - ctf_lemmings
Zipped Size - 50kb
Unzipped Size - aprox 280kb
Bot waypointed - In Progress
Jetpack - Normal
All scenery prefixed by - lemm_
Software used - MapMaker 1.2, Microsoft Image Composer, Paint! :)

Screens:
Zoomed-out:
[URL]
Zoomed-out (for smaller screens :P)
[URL]
Close-up-ish of Blue Base
[URL]

Download: (50Kb)
Filespace.org
[URL]
Freewebs.com
[URL]
Right Click -> Save Target As... or Save Link As...

Installation:
Unzip to your Soldat folder (usually c:\Soldat) and everything should ge where it has to go! :)

I was trying to get an idea for a map and I though that Lemmings scenery would be perfect for soldat. Most of the stuff in Lemmings is easily repeatable (except for an overall texture which i had to make myself) and can be broken into widdle peices easily. etc etc
Anyways I mucked around in dos trying to get a screenshot and eventually by mistake found an -online- version of Lemmings!! Anyway check it out here:
[URL]
The Lemmings level i decided to use was a lava/underground/firey one cos I looked so cool!! (Tricky Level 2: We all fall down) Anyways...I decided that in the spirit of Lemmings I would leave the scenerys and textures pixelated. If you don't like it make a map yourself.
First up I cut out lots of little scenery stuff like the cool looking pole thingys and other stuff like the lemmings "exit" for the red/blue flag spot. Did lots of wireframing and -lots- of shading and scenerised the map on one side. Then copied the wireframe and mirrored it (i hate assemetrical maps) and sceneried the other side. Put in nades etc. Went through all the bmps and optimised them cos most only have 8-16 colours :P

Comments, Suggestions, Questions, Tell me what you like/dislike... All much appriciated!!

Maxx
April 7, 2005, 1:15 am
Neither of your download links work.

Please fix them, I want to try this map!
Looks really cool good job.

=D

AWH_ReApEr
April 7, 2005, 1:23 am
Well, this looks pretty freakin good. I like it! Good job.

Elemental
April 7, 2005, 2:37 am
For some reason, it reminds me of Mario :D
And it looks sweet

hellsync_343
April 7, 2005, 3:02 am
Try [URL] :)

Norse
April 7, 2005, 3:06 am
Maxx did you try right-clicking the links and saying Save Target As? I tried and it worked fine.

Excellent map hellsync! This is truly one of the best maps I've seen for a first map from someone! Keep up the good work!

hellsync_343
April 7, 2005, 7:23 am
Thanks for the comments! I'm thinking of continuing the Lemmings theme for a few maps :)

Avarax
April 7, 2005, 8:46 am
this is the best first map i've ever seen.
i like the scenerys. shading is also very nice for a first map 8/10

Felix
April 7, 2005, 9:11 am
quote:Originally posted by ElementalFor some reason, it reminds me of Mario :D

haha exactly!

very nice map!, try to do some other maps, you'll be a great map maker :)

MercyM
April 7, 2005, 12:22 pm
Looks really nice for a first map. Good job. :]

Maxx
April 7, 2005, 10:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by NorseMaxx did you try right-clicking the links and saying Save Target As? I tried and it worked fine.

Excellent map hellsync! This is truly one of the best maps I've seen for a first map from someone! Keep up the good work!

Lol, it worked.

This needs waypoints, BAD.

Darkspirit
April 8, 2005, 12:51 am
WOW, gj for your first map dude!!

Melba
April 8, 2005, 6:33 pm
Great job.

hellsync_343
April 11, 2005, 10:34 pm
Yeah I'm working on and off to waypoint it at the moment. Really annoying because the bots have to jump so much :S

Deleted User
April 12, 2005, 6:15 am
I like it too..but one questions that pops up all the time...What has lemmings to do with the map? =)

Hercule Poirot
April 12, 2005, 6:33 am
WOW!

very impressive for your first map... even it uses some sceneries not saying they are bad but imho less you use it (own made/new ones) better map you get which of course depends on your mapping skills but this map looks nice and the gameplay might be nice too i try to get this on X`fect' server :P

MercyM
April 12, 2005, 11:13 am
OMFG Hercule Poirot is back.
On-topic: The map still looks great.

hock3y
April 12, 2005, 5:19 pm
This looks awesome, please waypoint it!

hellsync_343
April 13, 2005, 5:55 am
quote:Originally posted by sit-angerI like it too..but one questions that pops up all the time...What has lemmings to do with the map? =)

Well all of the scenery (except the chains) was copied out of a lemmings level :)

DeLou
April 13, 2005, 12:05 pm
Very nice map for ure first map! I tried much times

to make a map and never maked like that

maps,i think i make that sort maps when i do mapping 1 year nice map !!

,but as the others say waypoint it plz