Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Vanana
April 7, 2005, 2:07 am
well u read the title...
i just cant seem to be accurate with it but i want to become a steyr whore :P
plz share some tips and trix ;)

Kirby_106
April 7, 2005, 2:25 am
The steyr AUG's bullets go down pretty fast, so make sure your aiming high above a soldier thats far away. Also, when reloading go find the nearest person around you and stick by him while reloading, This will help you from getting shot because the other player is trying to kill the soldier.

F3nyx
April 7, 2005, 3:02 am
The AUG is accurate enough (fast bullets and no "spray" effect) that you can afford to aim for the head area... doing so can give you a substantial advantage.

The AUG's main disadvantage is that compared to its rate of fire, its bullets don't have much power. Your main challenge as an AUG user will probably be staying alive long enough to fire a decent number of rounds. The reload is long enough that you'll be using your secondary weapon fairly often. The combat knife complements the AUG well -- it's a close-range, low-rate-of-fire, high-damage weapon with arc, while the AUG is a medium-range automatic that's great for softening up enemies in open areas, but unable to hold its own at close range against Deagles, MP5, and SPAS.

Psyker
April 7, 2005, 3:15 am
1. don't be aggressive, and don't be passive either (I get way too agressive sometimes and regret it, eh f3nyx :P)
2. if you've got nades, USE THEM
3. use the straight aim + high ROF to your advantage

Pulp
April 7, 2005, 3:30 am
To train your straight aiming you better can use a Ruger for a while. Using the AUG is much easier when you can handle a ruger pretty good.

Oh, and using an automatic gun in 1.2.1 is basically knowing the map you play, knowing the spots to spray. It's easy to take someone out who is half health with an auto, even if you're aiming is similar to the aiming of a parkinson suffering armless dwarf with a serious disturbance of his equilibrium.

Michal
April 7, 2005, 3:32 am
If you have a problem getting used to the Aug's kickback, try ducking. It's a lot easier to engage from a distance in this way.

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 4:31 am
If you use a Steyr then i suggest you always have a secondary weapon and are good with it. ive found out that sometimes you can unload a whole clip on someone and they dont die but then i whip out my knife and kill them but i never pick my knife back up. so basicly be good with your secondary weapons if your choosing Steyr.

Marine
April 7, 2005, 5:23 am
M79, Barrett or Ruger, try to bink them. All it takes is one shot. I would say the main enemy of Steyr is SPAS or Deagles. Try to use range to your advantage. As for the MP5, Ak74 and Minmi, it's a pretty even fight, all a matter of outmanuevering and outaiming your opponent.

Psyl3ntShad0w
April 7, 2005, 6:31 am
marine - i would argue a good steyr can take out spas, deagles and mp5. keep your distance so they can't hit you.

Captain Ben
April 7, 2005, 11:07 am
JUst watch out for minimis, they're bigger, badder and have a long ass reload time...
I'd suggest picking up another gun, when you kill someone, just to use during the reload :P

DT
April 7, 2005, 3:06 pm
AUG is like the ak except
+
faster rate of fire
-
less bullets
less accuracy

lieroguy
April 7, 2005, 3:55 pm
"Accuracy"? The only weapon that truely has effective random recoil in normal mode is the MP5 and the Minigun.

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 4:37 pm
I use steyr all the time... Im quite good with it, but I seem to have a bit of problems when faicing deagles. I think a deagle noob vs a steyr noob = steyr win, but steyr pro vs deagle pro = deagle wins.
I still stick with my AUG.. wanna practise taking out deaglers ^^

Vanana
April 7, 2005, 10:05 pm
tyty
ill try that

STEELIX
April 7, 2005, 10:17 pm
Hmm, spas certainly ain't good against a steyr, due to the steyr's fast bullet rate, and the bink destroying the spasser's aim.
In my opinion, the steyr's one of the best (if not the best) automatic weapons in soldat...

frogboy
April 8, 2005, 7:46 am
quote:Originally posted by STEELIXHmm, spas certainly ain't good against a steyr, due to the steyr's fast bullet rate, and the bink destroying the spasser's aim.
For the millionth time:

SPAS ISN'T BINKED. And even if it was, bink wouldn't affect it much, it's a close range weapon.

Marine
April 8, 2005, 4:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by Psyl3ntShad0wmarine - i would argue a good steyr can take out spas, deagles and mp5. keep your distance so they can't hit you.

Never said it couldn't.

SPAS is a problem on low fuel maps or whenever he can get real close to you. DISTANCE is the key.

SPARTAN_III
April 13, 2005, 1:11 pm
my personal tip on the steyr-dont. AK r0xx0rz more.

but i was a good steyr-ist back in the day, and a tip: socom. if you've expeded your clip and your target aint dead yet, socom him. it will usually kill in 4-5 headshots, so a socom is a good backup when fighting multiple targets. i would still favour the AK tho

the steyr, i learned, it a good weapon for binking snipers, at a range such that they cant hit u when binking. this makes it a good anti-sniper/anti-ruger weapon. but watch out for rugerists who like to go in close cos then they can hit u even tho they bink.

Keron Cyst
April 13, 2005, 3:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kirby_106... when reloading go find the nearest person around you and stick by him while reloading, This will help you from getting shot because the other player is trying to kill the soldier.
*lol* You can do that while reloading for all weaps., except maybe the Chainsaw, SOCOM, and HK MP5 (all in less than a second & a half), but if there are no enemies around I simply reload right away as much as possible even if I've only expended 3 bullets, since the Steyr' depletes its clips quite fast. But I like it better than the 'MP5 since that simply spills its ammo out :P And the AK-74 & M249' are too slow XD

mickle89
April 14, 2005, 3:08 am
My tip is to shoot the player but keep falling on them as the speed of the shells just keeps rising.

Keron Cyst
April 14, 2005, 4:16 am
So DFA (Death From Above) is your tactic? That'd work better with the SPAS', IMO, since a good headshot from a shotgun's lethal.

SPARTAN_III
April 15, 2005, 10:07 am
^^agreed.

however, that tactic works well with the AK aswell. the AK is the most powerful per-shot auto in the game. it is the balance point between steyr and minimi, because of its ammo and speed.

more tips for specific scenarios

steyr vs barret: a vest is useful for this scenario. keep well away, and bink him with your steyr. if he pulls a shot off, go closer, because hes reloading, and mre shots will hit

steyr vs ruger: use the push effect of the steyr to keep your enemy further away while binking him at the same time. if he has a vest, once your clip is dry, use a socom to finish him off

steyr vs M79: do NOT stay in one place for more than 3 seconds, because most experienced grenadiers can calculate their bullet arg in less than that. i think m79 binks. use that to your advantage. a vest is useful

steyr vs AK: the classic battle of rifles. you will need to hide while he expends a 40-round clip at you. colliders, polys , vest, use all to your advantage. throw a grenade from time to time to stop him shooting. in that time, steyr him, or, socom. if he is dry and you are close, run up, knock his weapon out, kill him, and take his AK. us it as a secondary instead of socom. i would use it as primary tho.

steyr vs flamegod: run like hell and dont waste ammo

steyr vs flamer(no god): stay far away. do NOT engage in close combat.

zambo_the_clown
April 15, 2005, 6:19 pm
if you carry a steyr then you dont know what the consequences will be sometimes. its best at taking out HK at range since HK has an arc of a shot, but hey almsot every gun can take out the HK at far range. it is fast and pretty accurate at med range with an alright fire life. reloading can get you so switch to secondary or hide behind object while reloading. i use it a lot to take out minigunners since i see about half of the people shotting at me straight and the bullets going over and hitting the ground. It can have problems against the minimi since the minimi has big clip, longer distance, and more power. as for Sniper weapons i guess you would do what people said above since i suck at taking on snipers but sometimes u can trick em using jets but thats a whole other topic.

Bug
April 16, 2005, 7:59 am
Well, I do not agree with SPARTAN_III. I do not agree with AK being the most powerful per-shot weapon. What about minimi? It has less accuracy, yes, but what about it's magazine and power? You can kill max 9 or 10 people with a one minimi magazine. It's [IMAGE]ing way too powerful :Q.

Marine
April 16, 2005, 5:40 pm
Minimi to me just seems like a powerful, yes powerful weapon, yet clumsy at the same time. I don't think it's "way too powerful," less people seem to be using it these days.

SPARTAN_III
April 16, 2005, 5:47 pm
minimi is powerful, i used it for a while, but AK has more per-shot power read the manual please reeaaddd. it says minimi start power is 27 while AK is 29.something

but minimi is accurate...i SSNIPED with it, for gods sake

MOFO NOFO
April 16, 2005, 8:48 pm
heres a few tips: 1. Point your cursor at the person you want to kill
2. HOLD DOWN THE LEFT MOUSE BUTTON!!
3. Move the mouse while holding mouse button to kill with movement
4. watch them die and
5. Let go of the left mouse button and press "R" for reload, then lather, rinse, and repeat.

Marine
April 17, 2005, 4:00 am
Odd.

Titan 5
April 24, 2005, 1:21 pm
Use Steyr with DFA, and when you run out of fuel, just land, go to the enemy, and beat the guy with the Steyr. Not too hard, but there's easier ways too : firstly, look out for Rugerists. Secondly, rush nearby the enemy while he is reloading and empty your clip at 'em. After that catch your secondary and change it to the enemy's weapon. But don't do this if the weapon was like MP5 or AK or or FN or Mini, since they're rapidfiring. but Semi-Auto or Oneshot weapons are useful with Steyr. Thirdly, camp with the Steyr. Stick around in some place to kill a [IMAGE] or two. If they come nearby, pull your secondary and get 'em. ;)

Outcast
April 24, 2005, 1:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III^^agreed.

however, that tactic works well with the AK aswell. the AK is the most powerful per-shot auto in the game. it is the balance point between steyr and minimi, because of its ammo and speed.

more tips for specific scenarios

steyr vs barret: a vest is useful for this scenario. keep well away, and bink him with your steyr. if he pulls a shot off, go closer, because hes reloading, and mre shots will hit

steyr vs ruger: use the push effect of the steyr to keep your enemy further away while binking him at the same time. if he has a vest, once your clip is dry, use a socom to finish him off

steyr vs M79: do NOT stay in one place for more than 3 seconds, because most experienced grenadiers can calculate their bullet arg in less than that. i think m79 binks. use that to your advantage. a vest is useful

steyr vs AK: the classic battle of rifles. you will need to hide while he expends a 40-round clip at you. colliders, polys , vest, use all to your advantage. throw a grenade from time to time to stop him shooting. in that time, steyr him, or, socom. if he is dry and you are close, run up, knock his weapon out, kill him, and take his AK. us it as a secondary instead of socom. i would use it as primary tho.

steyr vs flamegod: run like hell and dont waste ammo

steyr vs flamer(no god): stay far away. do NOT engage in close combat.

Steyr vs. m79 = Run at him at the most unexpected way you can amagine and just plainly shoot him and don't miss too much :). It's always good to be in an elevated position.

Steyr vs. AK = Keep medium distance, keep elevated position, cover ground with nades, shoot all you can. Don't run unless you run out of bullets and he's not dead :P

Alamo
April 24, 2005, 2:01 pm
Steyr vs. anything: Spray and pray.

SPARTAN_III
April 25, 2005, 8:35 am
you may wish to grab a good steyr mod, as they can sometimes make your aim better (crazy but true). grab a mod based on a weapon or game that you enjoy, as a good mod makes a good aim (specially bullet mods as they can act as tracers)

Deleted User
April 26, 2005, 5:54 pm
One ought to add..
When you're engaging frontal assault, DFA-tactic works as well..
Never, EVER stand still while shooting..
that goes for all auto- and semi-auto weapons..