( search forums )
M79 - Bugs or paranoia?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
SpankyMcGuire
April 7, 2005, 3:22 am
Hay. Sorry if this has been covered. I searched a bit and didn't find this mentioned but I'm sure I could have searched more.

My Question: Does your M79 shell do any damage to your enemy after you are dead? It doesn't seem like it.

I've been using the M79 alot and have become pretty good with it. I've been noticing a certain incident several times that strikes me as an obvious bug.

Scenario: I am player A and am wielding an M79. Player B is an enemy and is also wielding an M79. He encounters me, fires, and hits me but not before I can fire back. My M79 shell hits him AFTER his has hit mine and I've died. My shell does not kill him.

This doesn't have to happen with M79 vs. M79, it just happens most often that way.

My Question Again: Does your M79 shell do any damage after you are dead? It doesn't seem like it.

Thanks much

Oh yah, could someone mention some M79 bugs that they know? I want to be informed and prepared.

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 7:27 am
When you're close to a wall and fire the M79, sometimes the grenade will explode on top of you. This only happens when you're pretty deep into the wall.

EndertheXenocide
April 7, 2005, 8:48 pm
I have noticed that even if the enemy weilding a M79 fires the shell. You get the shot registered on your screen, it hits you. yet you don't die still. But after you have said something about that Spanky. I think I have noticed it a little against opponents. More than likely it is something that needs to be fixed in the next version.

JiggaBlue
April 7, 2005, 9:39 pm
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19078

qazwertred
April 9, 2005, 8:43 pm
Maybe, this has nothing to do with that "inside of´polygon will make you blow yourself up" stuff.

If one m79 shell explodes close to another, both explodes. Maybe the server register that both the shells were destroyed, but your computer thinks that your shell didn't explode. That would make it look like you hit your enemy without dealing any damage.

SpankyMcGuire
April 10, 2005, 2:38 am

Cannot Find Server d00d

_Mancer_
April 10, 2005, 4:28 pm
Its not only M79 that happens with this. This happens with numerous guns.

If you fire a shot BEFORE you die and you die BEFORE your shot hits a person, for some reason, that shot is void.

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 7:33 pm
I know a bug.. sometimes when you fire an M79 shell up in the air and it comes down and hit you in the head, you die.. :P
but seriously, meby you are right. why not do an experiment? ull need 3 ppl for that. one that fires the M79, one that kills the M79'er after the shot and 1 that is fired at (and will supposedly survive if tiss bug exists)
juuust my suggestion =)

SpankyMcGuire
April 10, 2005, 11:20 pm

Thanks guys. Especially you Mancer. This bug sucks and needs to be fixed.

Hitman
April 11, 2005, 3:27 am
quote:If you fire a shot BEFORE you die and you die BEFORE your shot hits a person, for some reason, that shot is void.That's bull. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been killed by Jimmy's M79 shell (during our M79 duels we used to have months ago) before mine kills him, and visa versa.

Aegis
April 11, 2005, 5:29 am
The best way to explain this phenomenon is the main factor behind a lot of supposed bugs: Lag
For me this usually happens because of lag to the server, but if you're sure you weren't lagging then I don't know what to say.. except that is proably also related to the numerous barret shots that do this same behavior, appear to hit but miss(Again, I believe lag is the best way to explain this)

Hanz
April 12, 2005, 3:39 am
It all comes back to ping time when you look at the barret shot not "registering". When you look at it, the game that you see is in a somewhat delayed state than of the real time game happening. You see things happen after it actually does on the server. An example. You see a soldier walk by a crate of nades, he picks them up, he actually picked them up a bit before you saw it. In the case of the barret shot, where your shot actually went was above or under them, the player was not actually "there".

Im sure a lot of you know what im talking about, but there are others who whine and say "Teh shot hitted joo, ur not dead, haxor!". The shot diden't actually hit themm it went above or below them, thats why in a lot of cases you need to compensate for lagg...

Deleted User
April 12, 2005, 6:56 am
Ping /= Lag. They are two seperate things.

Ping is a measure of the relay-time to the server. While it is a basic measurement of your possible lag, it is not the main deciding factor.

Packet loss, retransmitted data, line noise and the number of hops required is what determines lag.