( search forums )
Enlighten Me
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
PureGrain
April 7, 2005, 4:51 am
How can I start a CTF or just a DM only game and it stay that way?

Gen0cide
April 7, 2005, 5:18 am
And..you run a computer server website?
I hope not.

PureGrain
April 7, 2005, 5:33 am
There always has too be one asshole in the bunch. :P

I never set up a CTF only nor DM only for SOLDAT, and I figured rather than take all day I would ask. I am not affraid to admit if I do not know something. ;)

You should try it sometime.

Vijchtidoodah
April 7, 2005, 5:35 am
Well, you check either the CTF or DM box.

Denacke
April 7, 2005, 7:28 am
Hmm, I'm a bit uncertain about your question but you can change game mode in soldat.ini:

GameStyle=0 -> DM
GameStyle=1 -> PM
GameStyle=2 -> TDM
GameStyle=3 -> CTF
GameStyle=4 -> RM
GameStyle=5 -> INF

AWH_ReApEr
April 8, 2005, 12:17 am
Yep, Denacke hit it on the button. That is, of course, if that's what you were asking. =/

PureGrain
April 8, 2005, 2:46 pm
Yes, that is what Iwas asking, I am running it on a linux box and I was searching for where to put it in the command line, it never occured too me that Game Style happened to be it.

Thanks guys. You Rock!!

grand_diablo
April 8, 2005, 3:02 pm
err the gamestyle is not set in the command line but in the soldat.ini of the server ;Q

Deleted User
April 8, 2005, 7:23 pm
I think me meant when you are on a linux box and starting it, you type something along the lines of "./soldatserver maplist.txt sumthing.yadadada" and I think he thought that you could put the gamestyle in the execution command.

PureGrain
April 8, 2005, 10:08 pm
Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. I guess I could have loaded it on a windows machine and started a dedicated server and stole the server.ini for it, but hey.. I didn't. :P