( search forums )
If there were...
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Captain Ben
April 7, 2005, 11:16 am
Now I understand, Michal M said he'd never put vehicles in the game, but for some people they still want them. In this thread, discuss what kind of vehicles you'd like to see, even if it's an 'I wish' thing and they'll never be taken seriously.
Though keep in mind, this is an 'Only if' topic, whick is also an experiment (I'll either get flamed or... half-arse accepted), so please don't take this too seriously.

Scrap helicopters and jeeps, if Soldat were ever to have vehicles, it'd have to be a really manly vehicle... Mopeds. Uber mopeds.
I'd like to see mopeds speeding around specially made levels, with 2 soldiers on each moped (1 on the front, 1 on the back), shooting crazily at eachother while going over jumps!

Felix
April 7, 2005, 11:37 am
haha funny, but i prefer Soldat without vehicles :)

MercyM
April 7, 2005, 12:11 pm
Moped? No. :]

DNA.styx
April 7, 2005, 12:31 pm
"Michal M said he'd never put vehicles in the game".

(moved to Bash pit)

Judge_Man
April 7, 2005, 3:48 pm
WHy Not make the map go on a new level!?!!?!?%$?!?%/&$%
Battle on the ground and at the SAME TIME, battle in space, sky with jet-fighter and spacehip!!! lasers and Nukes!! anti-air turrets on grounds tank, jeeps, etc!!!!11!111!ONEONEONE!!!"1!!!11 WWOOOOOOWW
[/sarcasm]

sativa
April 7, 2005, 3:53 pm
make it a battlefield copy

DT
April 7, 2005, 3:58 pm
well i would like to see a mech suit mabye...it would be slow as hell though with rockets and machine gun fire

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 4:03 pm
BARRET IS OVVERPOWERED!!1!!1!! OMG!11!!!!!1

?
April 7, 2005, 10:02 pm
Volkswagons, why do you think the germans made them? the bug is for invasion, bus is for transport, the thing is a tank and the ghia is just to look awsome in :P

Maxx
April 7, 2005, 10:10 pm
If there were vehicles in soldat, the maps would have to be really long from side to side.

Imagine "driving" around in arena.
A nightmare.

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 10:35 pm
1.jeeps with stationary guns on them
2.transport helicopter (you could fire off of it) but the pilot cannot shoot
3.tank
4. submarine if water is implemented
5. horses(they'd be fun to shoot when some1 is riding it)

imagine all the maps for vehicles, and b2b could be used for vehicles but just in the lower areas. the vehicles should be built in the maps because if the maps are really big and the server master disabled it then it would suck.

if you would add vehicles to soldat it wouldnt be a copy of battlefield , it would be a copy of tribes or the other tribes ones.

i would still like vehicles though cus it would be chaos.

Jello
April 7, 2005, 10:44 pm
I don't get how vehicles could be used, really. At least not cars and stuff. they'd just always end up on the bottom of the map which would make them near useless. But helicopters maybe. Or a jetpack. Or a....hang glider. Whoa, I've officially run out of ideas.

_Mancer_
April 7, 2005, 10:46 pm
The only good vehicle would be a pogo stick.

?
April 7, 2005, 11:30 pm
Vehicles really are just not needed, I mean I have my own carpet of sexy that I glide around on in soldat anyway.

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
you wouldnt put them in regualr maps, ther would be maps made for vehicles.

Captain Ben
April 8, 2005, 11:20 pm
Uhh, this is still a 'If there were' thread, not a technical antivehicle genius thread....

peemonkey
April 8, 2005, 11:26 pm
i'd like to be able to ride an A - Bomb, waving my hat around...