( search forums )
i have a problem when making maps
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
EXR3dn3ck
April 7, 2005, 1:42 pm
i have been making maps since like yesterday, since i just started i am having trouble getting the size right, my first map was too small and my second was pretty big and my third just was awfule so any tips would be nice

Michal
April 7, 2005, 3:06 pm
Use these scenerys I made to scale your maps properly. Remember not to stretch them ;)
[URL]

EXR3dn3ck
April 7, 2005, 9:01 pm
i just downloaded that link and it is gostenks for prown and crouch

Vijchtidoodah
April 8, 2005, 3:44 am
Yeah, you should put those in the map for reference.

What I find useful is that when you're zoomed at 100%, your mouse is roughly the size of the soldier and (with the official mapmaker) whatever you see on the screen is the maximum distance that your soldat can see (without a barret zoom).

EXR3dn3ck
April 8, 2005, 1:20 pm
yeah i know but when that part is dont and i click unzoom or i just move the bar, i dont know how far to move it and when i do zoom it only goes to one part of the map not the part i choose

DeMonIc
April 8, 2005, 1:23 pm
Use grid size 2. 2 gridboxes of that size is one soldat size by default, if you zoom out to 50%, it's 1 box / soldat.

EXR3dn3ck
April 8, 2005, 2:18 pm
ok u say 2 grid boxes makes one soldat size by default, makes a soldat size for a map or a person, be just alittle more specific, remember i am a new noob at map making

Vijchtidoodah
April 10, 2005, 11:55 am
quote:Originally posted by EXR3dn3ckyeah i know but when that part is dont and i click unzoom or i just move the bar, i dont know how far to move it...

You can either back out (by pressing the zoom button again) or download MapMakerPlus to get a nifty little box that gives you more control over your zoom.

quote:...and when i do zoom it only goes to one part of the map not the part i choose

It zooms in on the upper left corner.

EXR3dn3ck
April 11, 2005, 2:21 pm
thanx alot