( search forums )
Heavy Gear 2 Texture Pack
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 4:28 pm
Hello everyone!

Some of you may have noticed Ivan's Mod here lately, and I must say, it's quite awesome.

Playing Ivan's mod brought me back to the days of yore, when I designed maps and mods for Heavy Gear 2 as a GameSpy Sub-Admin.

So, in return for Ivan's efforts, I decided to do what I could to help him with his mod. My efforts have created this, a nearly complete and totally hand-picked Heavy Gear 2 Texture pack.

This package also includes several skydrops from the game, and you can preview a few samples from those below.

There are a few rules to follow if you plan on Downloading the texture pack. (Approx. 6.70MB, be sure to Right-Click and choose "Save as...")

First of all, do NOT change any of the texture names! This will provide the most compliancy since all users will have to do is download this pack. This also saves space on yours and their HD's. Unless you edit the textures, you have no reason to change their names!

Secondly, give credit where credit is due. Activision created these textures, and I've packaged them for you. I don't need thanks, but for your legality's sake, Activision does.

Previews:

Textures:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Skydrops:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Textures: 208 Skydrops: 31

Finally, have fun.

MercyM
April 7, 2005, 7:14 pm
YeyyyaaaghhH! Lots of textures and Skydrops!

Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 8:11 pm
The skydrops are the most important part, I believe. You can easily wrap each skydrop next to each other and create a seamless background image, or stretch it if you need. Then just take a black scenery and stretch it above the skydrop and you have a detailed background image.

Check out the textures, tell me what you guys think.

Edit: Oh yes, please note that there may be duplicates, I did this from 12 to 4 in the morning, so if you spot any duplicate textures, let me know.

Vijchtidoodah
April 8, 2005, 3:49 am
Wonderful, I'll see what I can do with those soon.