( search forums )
Colour of bullets and team guns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
April 7, 2005, 10:19 pm
You can change the colour of the bullets, by going into the player profile and changing the bullet or the shot colour like red, blue, green, purple, pink?. Or in ctf or inf matches the bullets would be the colour of either blue or red, or no colour (default) it could be turned on or off. would be cool because red team would have red bullets flying at u and blue would be shooting blue bullets. it would only count for the guns only except for LAW the missile would be the same colour.

team guns: you can choose which team has what weapons like bravo team only has mp5 and alpha has ak74.

Judge_Man
April 8, 2005, 7:12 pm
You can modify each weapon's bullet. The files are in Weapon-gfx if my memory is good.

Denacke
April 8, 2005, 7:51 pm
Read his post again judge_man.

He wants seperate bullet colours for each team, so that you can know which bullets come from which team.

My thoughts are unclear about this suggestion though, I guess it wouldn't hurt as long as you can turn it off :)

Might even expand the suggestion to having a different gfx folder for each weapon, but that would enlargen the soldat folders size :P

Vanana
April 9, 2005, 12:17 am
nah, it'll take the realistic touch of soldat =P
keep it

Marine
April 9, 2005, 2:46 am
I would love it as an option. Sort of like "ClanMatch" option in the Setup.

This would be great, not permanently, though.

Captain Ben
April 9, 2005, 3:35 am
What if registered players could choose their bullet colours?
God, I'm smart!

Deleted User
April 11, 2005, 2:05 am
yes you are captain, yes you are

UltraMagnus
April 14, 2005, 4:09 pm
i like the idea of bullet colours for each team so you would know if a bullet will kill you or not in when FF is off, maybe if it is only enabled when clanmatch is?

i also like the idea of regestered members being able to choose their bullet colour! would get colourfull in deathmatch!

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 5:01 pm
It would get colorful in deathmatch games. But I think we should just keep the regular colors of the bullets. It might be quite an interesting feature. But I like Soldat how it is now. Changing just one thing could ruin the original feel. But maybe having an option like clanmatch(what marine said) would be nice. Then you could choose if you wanted it tha way or not.

kwanfei
April 14, 2005, 10:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenWhat if registered players could choose their bullet colours?

agree

Jaz
April 14, 2005, 11:09 pm
Some colours are more visible than others = advantages. Nay !

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:03 am
it wouldnt be permanent, you could switch it on or off

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 8:48 pm
Well, some maps the bullets are very hard to see. Then others, the bullets are very easy to see. So you change the color to a color that is easy to see on all maps. That would be an advatage I believe.

kwanfei
April 15, 2005, 9:29 pm
I think everything that do with colors should go to register only

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 9:31 pm
It actually really should.

Captain Ben
April 15, 2005, 10:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooyes you are captain, yes you are

Nice spam.
Seeing your gun idea for teams wouldn't really work out. People would abuse it by making CTF servers and only having guns on their side.

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 6:58 pm
i dont think ppl are that stupid cus if that happened ppl would leave the server

Gen0cide
April 16, 2005, 7:42 pm
Dascoo,take killzone the great ps2 game for example.
On assault helghast attacks,but the other team always spawnkills them to rank up.Helghast usually stay,not clueing in that they can't breathe without getting a rocket shoved up they're colon.
People aren't that smart.They would do that,putting weapons on one side.

Marine
April 17, 2005, 4:03 am
quote:Originally posted by JazSome colours are more visible than others = advantages. Nay !

Interesting. Suppose it was the same color as your troops shirt? Maybe.

Haha, what if the color of the bullets was defined by who the nearest enemy was, or who you are pointing the gun at. If you fire at blue, bullets are blue, if red, bullets are red. If just into space with nobody near by, they are normal.

MercyM
April 17, 2005, 8:03 am
quote:Originally posted by dascooteam guns: you can choose which team has what weapons like bravo team only has mp5 and alpha has ak74.
This would be nice. In the options menu you know the ban weapons menu? It should be nice, if there could be a team changer on it. Like you could scroll down and choose e.g. Bravo's weapons...

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 8:56 pm
wow not alot of people hate this

blackdevil0742
April 19, 2005, 3:30 pm
ït's actually a good idea

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 12:58 am
thank you

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 4:06 pm
about choosing guns for each team... it would resoult ina lot of whining.. "ooh red team got better weapons then us" or so... and it may be abused too, like one team gets good weapons and the other gets.. chainsaws

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 5:12 pm
I like both ideas ...
But that with team guns will make some servers unfair when admin choose guns for alpha : only barret
fot beta : half of all guns
but I find it cool

Ivan0
April 20, 2005, 8:27 pm
Colored bullets are a no no. Some maps have red background, now one team has bullets simmilar color and its hard as hell to see where you are shooting. Other one, will, of course, be able to see own shots more clearly, and also reveal their positions ot the enemy.
Other one is good, would be nice to try out different guns without the stupidity of advance mode

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 11:17 am
I must say ive seen no map with a red background.. if I did I would leave bfore I hurted my eyes =)

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 2:29 am
i would also like it if we could change the colour of words so like if thers a white backround i can se the words

Mr Morfina
April 30, 2005, 1:05 am
with that idea, soldat would be like a freakin paintball :S

KnOt
April 30, 2005, 1:09 am
Ohoho.. personalised bullet colours.. Sounds yummy.. they'd match my jets :)

I also like the original idea... ( as an option of course)

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 2:38 am
If it would be like paintball, why would there be lots of blood?