( search forums )
WEAPON hold style
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Vanana
April 8, 2005, 9:04 pm
iono if this was suggested b4 but anywayz here it goes:
just to make the game look cooler, make the soldier hold a weapon as it should be, cuz their hands dont change a bit...
for example:
holding the SOCOM with TWO hands, not with 1...
hold the Rugger77 closer to the face, u know... like the swat team, not in the chest...no1 can aim a Rugger from the chest.
the Deagle, the soldier holds it as if would be a 2 handed weapon, it should be BOTH in the front, not one in the front and the other from the chest (u know, hold both guns in a paralel way)
just to make the game look cooler

1 more thing...
when u pick the Barret, make the aim cross AUTOMATICALLY changed to "sniperline" mode...hate when im camping with barret and have to get out of the game to change the aim cross

Captain Ben
April 9, 2005, 3:34 am
All of them I agree with. It always annoys me at how the soldat has a hand on his chest while holding the socom, and with the knife as well. When he's disarmed, he looks like a retard...

papasurf31
April 9, 2005, 1:37 pm
Yeah, he punches with the hand farther away from the enemy. If a real soldier did that, his OWN army would shoot him.

SPARTAN_III
April 12, 2005, 6:01 am
also make him hold the damn law on his damn shoulder. i agree with all except barret idea, i think there should be no line/cross for barret unless you scope

Cowzilla
April 12, 2005, 6:00 pm
All very good ideas. Good job everyone, now, who wants some doughnuts?

Vanana
April 12, 2005, 7:27 pm
donuts? =P

well i hope michal reads this

Marine
April 12, 2005, 11:30 pm
No for sniperline, yes for everything else.

Though it will cost Michal a bit of coding time, I think.

That always really annoyed me with socom.

And it always did look fruity how the soldat holds the gun, unless hes crouching.

Aegis
April 13, 2005, 10:45 pm
A lot of this is primarily related to the animations(.POAs) Unfortunately you cant modify and use them online yourself, however if you are serious about this suggestion, you could always try making new animations and sending them in to the big MM. If he likes the suggestions and the new animations, maybe you have a chance of getting it implemented. IMO, I dont actually look at how my player holds the gun because I'm too busy actually playing the game.. its a cosmetic change, and bugs always come first.

EndertheXenocide
April 13, 2005, 11:41 pm
I like the idea on how the weapons should be held. I don't like the Sniper Line idea though. i for one am totally against a sniper line. But I would agree with Aegis, bugs first, then changes.

Krios
April 14, 2005, 3:55 am
um...all you have to do is crouch and your little person puts his gun up to his eyes. <----well I think he does with almost all guns but soldiers don't run with their gun up to their eye. If you look closely at some "realistic" army games they don't hold their gun up ....u n t i l an enemy is around.

EDIT: or...I've been smoking some funny stuff, sry my guys look like they are little pink elephants.

Keron Cyst
April 14, 2005, 4:22 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIalso make him hold the damn law on his damn shoulder....
A must-have :P I don't see how a soldat can aim a missile launcher with it against his stomach/chest...

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 4:39 am
Be funny to see though.

Deleted User
April 14, 2005, 5:15 am
how the hell do you make POA's cause i was wondering how to do that

SPARTAN_III
April 14, 2005, 12:12 pm
with the poa editor

Alamo
April 14, 2005, 9:16 pm
I, myself, really actually like the way the little soldiers hold the guns... I don't really know but... yeah, i like it.

Deleted User
April 14, 2005, 9:22 pm
I like all ideas and I agree with them...
Damn law should be aimed from damn shoulder...:)

kwanfei
April 14, 2005, 10:57 pm
like all of them but the Barret and Deagle(i think it looks better when u can see both gun beside only one gun because the other one is behind the first one...)

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:06 am
yes for everything xecept the barrett thingy. it looks so stupid how the soldier holds his LAW

Vanana
April 15, 2005, 2:04 am
specially socom!

blasta
April 15, 2005, 2:18 am
quote:Originally posted by Vananadonuts? =P

You can spell it doughnuts OR donuts... donuts seems to be the simplified American way like everything else is down there... drive-thru, etc...

Keron Cyst
April 16, 2005, 1:01 am
quote:Originally posted by AlamoI, myself, really actually like the way the little soldiers hold the guns... I don't really know but... yeah, i like it.
Same here; aside from the 'LAW, they all look all right if you don't stare at 'em :P

UltraMagnus
April 16, 2005, 4:01 pm
i think the weapons really need this personally, firing a buffelo shotgun like the ruger from the hip is allmost impossible IIRC

MercyM
April 16, 2005, 4:07 pm
Yeah, the current holding style doesn't look good enough. (Sry Mchl. :P)

Marine
April 17, 2005, 4:05 am
I don't think it's as bad as many of you make it to be...

Captain Ben
April 17, 2005, 5:35 am
It's just irrating watching a soldier run at someone with out a weapon, punching his own arm.

Vanana
April 18, 2005, 1:29 am
yay, 1 of my few good suggestion that every1 agrees
lol

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 7:11 am
Come on you guys.. Soldat is about 11mb big, and it has certain charm not being all high on details and everything.. i agree with socom and Deagles though. In fact i pretty much agree with most of it, but I din't mind it being of "lesser quality". It's damn fun to play anyway..
More commands should be made though..

Hehe.. Doughnuts vs. donuts.. :)

Green Barret
April 22, 2005, 7:32 am
These are good suggestions. Strange i didn't notice the way Soldats hold their weapons. I must not care.

Maybe someone should make more realistic poas(winks at MM).

@Sniperscope idea: I like using all my weapons with the big, normal crosshair. maybe this feature should be availible as an option?

lastpatriot
April 23, 2005, 3:59 pm
I agree with this fully, though it would be possible to hold them like that, it just looks dorky. He's holding the LAW on his chest, for godsakes.

Vanana
April 23, 2005, 4:14 pm
lol, yea the sniperline idea should be an option
like saying "automatic sniperline"
thats really needed

Deleted User
April 23, 2005, 4:18 pm
who goes around caring about how he hold the weapon? that is the least thing u should worry about if ur fighting other ppl. sure, I wont mind if its fixed, but I wont mind if it isnt either

Svirin Kerath
April 24, 2005, 7:12 pm
i wholeheartedly agree (except for the sniper thing)