( search forums )
Couple Problems...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Crazy1
April 9, 2005, 6:21 am
1. sometimes when i start soldat i get this error from Explorer.exe saying there is no disk in D: (?) drive. then there are buttons that say continue, try again and cancel. no matter which button i press it just pops up again. what do i do?

2. while running a server ive noticed that other players get kicked and banned for 15 minutes. as far as i know i havent done anything. what causes this?

Deleted User
April 9, 2005, 5:07 pm
Hi there
1* Try to restart soldat and download soldat 1.2.1.
- RE INSTALL SOLDAT delete soldat folder... restart computer and install soldat again.
- Bee shore that u have DirectX
- If its dont works test to reboot your computer.

2. kicked and banned for 15 minutes = U have get some ping warnings or u sitting and play soldat on low broadBand. If u play on a server ho have 500 max ping and u ping is 600 u get a warningen after that u been banned.
- Dont use dc, kazaa or somthing online when u run Soldat

qazwertred
April 9, 2005, 8:32 pm
Does that thing only popup when you start soldat, no other games/apps?

I usually get the same thing when I eject the CD when the autostart are trying to load. Just press the "Cancel" button and it should be quiet after a while or insert the last CD you got in the drive and press Retry or Continue.

You probably got a quite low ping-kick limit thing. Try increasing it. (config)

Also it could be that people vote-kick each other but if that would be the case you would have seen it.

mar77a
April 10, 2005, 1:17 am
1. No idea...

2. Players are kicked because they exceed the Max_Ping in soldat.ini ([NETWORK] section)

EndertheXenocide
April 10, 2005, 6:00 am
Yeah, just follow gazwertred and mar77a's advice.

oh yeah, and i like your avatar crazy1. Can't wait till Conkers:Live and Reloaded comes out in May (Xbox). I loved Conkers Bad Fur Day.

Crazy1
April 10, 2005, 5:15 pm
thanx for the help guys.

@gazwerted: i have a similar problem on another computer of mine. whenever i run snes9x, an snes emulator, i get the same message. but since thats run in a window its easier to control whereas soldat needs to minimize and crap.

qazwertred
April 11, 2005, 3:20 pm
Just an idea... :)

Insert a CD that you know got some kind of autostart. When that autostart thing appears, close it and leave the CD there. Start Soldat or snes9x as usual.

Does the same thing happen now?