( search forums )
3 layered gostek.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
papasurf31
April 9, 2005, 1:48 pm
i got this idea while playing Halo (don't flame, keep reading). Currently, gosteks have 2 layers, the standard one and the "ranny" layer: the damage layer. What if soldat had 3 layers, a primary color layer, a secondary color layer, and then the damage layer. It would be like this, you chose your primary and scondary colors in soldat, for each body part. This would color the primary body bmp's whatever color you chose, and then another one for seocndary.

These colors would show up normally in dm, rm, and pm modes. In team games, your secondary would change to your team's color. while primaries remain the same. This would allow for the creation of gosteks that, even in team games, don't look strange or distorted by the bright team colors, as the color would ony occupy a section of each body part. This would drastically expand gostek creation possibilities as well, which all modders can agree is good.

Captain Ben
April 10, 2005, 9:41 am
Awesome suggestion! You could mod it to be armour!

mitokon
April 10, 2005, 11:11 am
im with this 100%... (psst, im a halo fan two)

Deleted User
April 10, 2005, 12:34 pm
sounds great! (does michael check theese suggestions often?)

AWH_ReApEr
April 10, 2005, 12:51 pm
Great suggestion. Although... if I understood what you meant correctly, the primary gosteks would show in deathmatch and stuff while the secondary gosteks would show only in team games.

quote:Originally posted by papasurf31you chose your primary and scondary colors in soldat, for each body part.and
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31These colors would show up normally in dm, rm, and pm modes. In team games, your secondary would change to your team's color.

Wouldn't there be no point in setting the colors for the secondary gosteks? They're only there to be displayed in team games, when they take the color of the team you're on. If I'm correct about that, then Michal wouldn't even have to change the menus or anything. Simply code it to load "primaryramie.bmp" (and so on) for normal games or "secondaryramie.bmp" (you get the point) for team games.

This is an excellent suggestion, and I'd love to see it implemented.

Deleted User
April 11, 2005, 12:49 am
this is a great idea, it would extend the custimization level of the game. i think caps should also be implamented, it would just me like a long dog tag on your back.

Deleted User
April 11, 2005, 12:55 am
i meant capes or cloaks not caps, i need to pay more attention in english :P

mitokon
April 11, 2005, 12:59 am
dont double post.
use edit.
use search.
Welcome to the forums!
(sorry for spamming >_<)

papasurf31
April 11, 2005, 3:10 pm
Reaper, the idea is that the secondary gostek shows up on TOP of the primary, just as a small section of each body part, like a detail of some kind. They would both load up for any game type, and you would be able to change the colors of both primary and secondary. In team games, the small part (secondary) would change to the team colors, while leaving the REST of the gostek un-changed, still keeping the same primary colors you chose.

Understand?

Alamo
April 11, 2005, 9:12 pm
Sounds like a great idea... You could do arm patches or stuff like that... :)) Sexy!

AWH_ReApEr
April 11, 2005, 11:29 pm
Ah, okay. So basically, the secondary Gosteks would consist mainly of, say, a vest. That vest covers the primary Gosteks, and is changed according to your team.

Did I get it right this time? ;p

If so, there still wouldn't need to be the option to change the secondary colors. =/ Although, the option to do so would allow for more unique people. I still think we should be able to choose the color of our shoes, by the way. :o

Vanana
April 12, 2005, 1:04 am
i cant understand the idea >.<

SPARTAN_III
April 12, 2005, 2:42 am
so... if the team color layer gets shot off, then...ppl will start teamkilling u?

its a nice idea tho. it needs a bit more polish, but its great

AWH_ReApEr
April 12, 2005, 3:03 am
So you make it so it can't be shot off... it's not brain surgery.

n00bface
April 12, 2005, 4:29 am
quote:If so, there still wouldn't need to be the option to change the secondary colors. =/ Although, the option to do so would allow for more unique people. I still think we should be able to choose the color of our shoes, by the way. :o

Pointmatch, Rambomatch and Deathmatch are not team games, so there is no color for it to change to. That is when the secondary colors you set show up. I mean, people told you this three times already, how hard is it to understand?

AWH_ReApEr
April 12, 2005, 6:04 am
So if there's no color for it to change to, why display it at all? It's not hard at all to understand. I'm trying to get you to understand that there's no point in displaying it if there's no color for it to change to.

Primary Gostek
-You change your shirt color to black
Secondary Gostek
-Displayed only in Team games
-Takes the color of your team and is displayed over your black shirt
Ranny Gostek
-Displayed over Primary and Seconday Gosteks
-Blood and stuff

Whatever, I'm not going to argue about this when it's most likely not even going to be implemented.

n00bface
April 12, 2005, 6:41 am
It's not only displayed in team games for [IMAGE]s sake. it's displayed in EVERY game mode, but in team games it takes the color of your team. jesus h. christ.

AWH_ReApEr
April 12, 2005, 7:35 am
Then, you'd get the same problem this idea set out to fix... Do you not understand how Gosteks work?

*Sigh* The incompetence of some people is astounding. I give up in this conversation; it's like talking to a brick wall.

Deleted User
April 12, 2005, 12:21 pm
I like this idea!

papasurf31
April 12, 2005, 3:10 pm
Primary: you chose it to be black
shows up black in any game mode.

Secondary: you choose to be purple
shows up purple in non-team games
shows up you're teams color in team games (red = alpha etc.)

Ranny; damage, blood, etc.

I'm not usre whether the team colors should go OVER or UNDER the ranny, as if you got shot up too much, it might be hard to tell what team you're on.

AWH_ReApEr
April 12, 2005, 11:18 pm
So, I was right with the vest-type thing in the first place. *Sigh*

quote:Originally posted by papasurf31if you got shot up too much, it might be hard to tell what team you're on.

Nah, I doubt it. That's the way it is now. Unless someone makes a mod with HUGE blood ranny's, you should be able to make it out fairly well.

I still love the idea. n00bface just screwed it up for me...

rabidhamster
July 14, 2005, 1:45 pm
sounds like a good idea to me.

Deleted User
July 14, 2005, 6:02 pm
xcellent

wunderbear
July 14, 2005, 6:34 pm
Very good idea! I hope this gets implemented.

Da cHeeSeMaN
July 14, 2005, 7:24 pm
sounds like it would be cool

EndertheXenocide
July 15, 2005, 12:34 am
Oh it's a great idea. Even now, sometimes the Ranny gets in the way of your team colors. I have shot my own teamates bc I thought they were part of the opposite team. I mean I could either get a mod or customize it to change the color of blood. So then if you picked up a vest what gostek would it change then? Because now if you pick up a vest, you don't know if someone has one on or not until you fire at them and you hear that different noise of your bullets hitting them. Don't really know how that would work out, or if it still would be as if the colors never changed and you still don't know if the opponent has a vest.

A good physical example I can think of is in P.E. class in school. When you play Flag Football or something team orienated like that. People put on different colored vests. These distinct between Red or Blue team (alpha or bravo, etc.). You still have your shirt color underneath, considering your school doesn't regulate school uniforms. Maybe that is a good example to help someone get a better visual. Totally love the idea.

Deleted User
July 15, 2005, 6:59 am
dont bump old topics OR ELSE *shakes fist* if your goin to do that do it to my topics :P

BlackBluRRR
September 17, 2005, 3:41 am
This is an excellent idea!!! It would multiply the possibilities for gosteks by so much.

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 5:28 am
does any one else see the irony in blackblurr bumping after my post