( search forums )
Suggestion for Rambo Mode...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
April 10, 2005, 4:52 pm
In Rambo mode when you have the bow and attack someone right up close you hit him with your bow (as with all the other weapons) Seems a bit wierd to me ;p ...

My idea is for Rambo to use his famous knife when attacking up close instead of hitting someone with the bow, it would be best as instant kill I think.
Just another perk for Rambo ;)

MOFO NOFO
April 12, 2005, 4:28 pm
that seems cool, tho people never get close enough to me for that to happen :/..

another idea would be to make you harder to kill, with the regen, because if you in a barret rambo serv... *puts finger to throat, moves finger from left to right*

Vanana
April 12, 2005, 7:32 pm
sounds cool to me...

Marine
April 12, 2005, 11:26 pm
Sounds decent, though unnecessary. Maybe he has knife as secondary weapon? I know he already has explosive arrows but...

Deleted User
April 13, 2005, 3:26 am
I don't much like this idea. Mainly because it'd look wierd to see Rambo blasting people down with arrows from 3 feet away and suddenly his enemies get a little closer so a knife appears and his bow vanishes. Most of the time when he switches weapons he pulls out flaming arrows, but not in this case. It'd be odd to see. Plus it seems unnecessary(as Marine pointed out), and it seems unfair that Rambo wouldn't even have to switch weapons in order to kill someone up close like that. It just goes automatically.

zyxstand
April 13, 2005, 4:03 am
neh - unnecessary...it's fine the way it is

Captain Ben
April 13, 2005, 6:48 am
perhaps there could be a choice between a bow and a knife? Though, that'd mean the rambo-guy would have infinite knives...

EndertheXenocide
April 13, 2005, 4:06 pm
Knife Hack. He Knife Hacks! People would go aroud chanting that, then try to vote kick the person they believe is hacking. Nope don't like the idea.

DT
April 13, 2005, 8:42 pm
you got a bow thats got rapid fire and kills with one hit... and can switch to flame arrows and now have a rapid fire law... WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?!

Deleted User
April 13, 2005, 9:07 pm
Health regeneration....oh wait...

Mini Man
April 13, 2005, 9:22 pm
lol, bad idea imagine how annoying it would be, some nooby person just standing there next to you & you want to kill a much better play that is out of knife distance & you run past the noob & ure knife pulls out & try & kill the good guy, but u have some knife thing, & you get killed.

SPARTAN_III
April 14, 2005, 12:16 pm
its just an animation.....i like it. how bout in knifing distance he would slam the knife into the guy's head

UltraMagnus
April 14, 2005, 3:57 pm
unesscessery, imo

Michal
April 14, 2005, 9:16 pm
quote:lol, bad idea imagine how annoying it would be, some nooby person just standing there next to you & you want to kill a much better play that is out of knife distance & you run past the noob & ure knife pulls out & try & kill the good guy, but u have some knife thing, & you get killed.
This would happen now anyway except Rambo would hit the noob with his bow. My idea is to simply replace the hitting animation with a knifing one, it isn't an extra weapon or anything (which I think some of you are thinking) it wouldn't affect Rambo's behavior/control in any way.

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:09 am
fine with me, i dont care.

Gen0cide
April 15, 2005, 12:10 am
Dascoo,nobody cares what you think unless you give a good reason.Stop spam.
Also,this idea wouldn't look too good because he'd randomly pull the knife out and it wouldn't look that good..that wouldnt the person just move out of the way,or would they be able to run..or no?

Vanana
April 15, 2005, 2:33 am
better to stab the arrow?
maybe?