( search forums )
Trying to run a server.
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
AerialAssault
April 10, 2005, 10:58 pm
Recently i've been running a server. its a 6 player infiltration server with advanced mode. its a zombie match.

anyway, ive recently tried to get more maps for it. and i notice that whenever i play on it and its not dedicated. whenever i try to switchover to a non-default map, the server crashes and it says the scenery cannot be found. im sure its in the right folder. whats up?

Keron Cyst
April 13, 2005, 7:58 pm
About ded. servers, you can't play on your own dedicated server if you're using the same computer that's hosting it (if you can, it's a normal server); that's the whole point of dedicated servers. And about third-party maps, maybe they're missing required scenery that you don't have in the first place.

n00bface
April 13, 2005, 11:42 pm
Do you have spaces after your map names in mapslist.txt? Does this happen on every single custom map or just certain ones?

Pulp
April 13, 2005, 11:53 pm

Missing scenery/textures normally shouldn't be able to crash a server...it will just give you an error-msg in game...

AerialAssault
April 15, 2005, 9:18 pm
it happens on every single custom map

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 9:35 pm
quote: About ded. servers, you can't play on your own dedicated server if you're using the same computer that's hosting it

Actually you can. It is lan based. You host the server via. dedicated through the Dedicated Soldat Program. Open Soldat regularly now. on the bottom of the Lobby server, there is an option to choose lan. click that, your server will come up. you join your own dedicated server from the same computer.