( search forums )
The worst map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
zambo_the_clown
April 11, 2005, 6:30 pm
sorry if this is in wrong forum, but i would like to see what the worst map or maps you have ever created or played. This might turn out into a vote and see what map is the worse ever. Any maps???

My worst map would have to be "Blood Concert" but im gonna shade it and alter it a bit to make it another map.

MercyM
April 11, 2005, 8:33 pm
Ehh, some kind of "Cleu-city" or something. It's in LH map pack.

Denacke
April 11, 2005, 9:23 pm
You are an idiot, you wonder if this is the wrong forum, did you even bother to look which boards there are?

EndertheXenocide
April 11, 2005, 10:08 pm
Someone should move this post immidiately. But other than that. There really isn't a map I totally despise except Cambodia. (don't ask me why, it is my free opinion).

Alamo
April 11, 2005, 10:33 pm
hehe Cambo and Arena are my favs... I can't believe you don't like it ^^ But hey, that's your opinion :)) I normally really dislike maps that are too big.
But there is no such as a 'worst' map ever. The worst map would be an empty space with a spawn point in it.

BManx2000
April 11, 2005, 10:41 pm
I think the worst map that anyone posted was some crappy thing that looked like it had a total of about 5 polys.

Leo Da Lunerfox
April 12, 2005, 2:51 am
BManX2000: Mystic Realm? That map was an orgy of eye hurting colors...

enjoyincubus
April 12, 2005, 3:37 am
mikra or fest =)

DNA.styx
April 12, 2005, 6:48 pm
"You are an idiot, you wonder if this is the wrong forum, did you even bother to look which boards there are?"
Denacke: Be nice, this topic is fine for the "General Discussions".

MercyM
April 12, 2005, 6:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubusmikra or fest =)
Fest is OK, but mikra... :P

Mini Man
April 12, 2005, 8:28 pm
hmmm havent played many but one that annoys me would have to be ctf_maya <----- really annoying big map.

DT
April 12, 2005, 8:32 pm
ctfDeath....

_Mancer_
April 12, 2005, 10:13 pm
Worst map? Ctf_kampf.

Keron Cyst
April 13, 2005, 12:38 am
I've executed many soldaten solo in pretty amazing methods on ctf_Kampf's upper level. I hate ctf_dropdown & ctf_death; they're much too small to do anything cool.

Deleted User
April 13, 2005, 5:45 am
Mancer, Kampf? Are you insane? The little Z-path at the top of the map is one of the most exciting places I've ever played.

Denacke
April 13, 2005, 6:38 am
quote:Originally posted by DNA.styx"You are an idiot, you wonder if this is the wrong forum, did you even bother to look which boards there are?"
Denacke: Be nice, this topic is fine for the "General Discussions".

Hmm, sorry for being unfriendly, but I thought it would suite more for the "Mapping Ideas / Discussions" board.

lastpatriot
April 13, 2005, 3:09 pm
CTF_Acrobatics. Everyone is Alpha, there are platforms. Between them are killing polys. You are meant to jump, but we just started pushing each other into the lava.

hypno
April 17, 2005, 9:50 am
can someone put a link so i can get the map you are talking about?

please!

AerialAssault
April 17, 2005, 7:20 pm
ctf_death

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 7:26 pm
the only maps i dont like are the ones that have all wierd eye hurting colors. there was the one map that had like green, red, purple, and blue all on the same map. ugh it hurt my eyes.
i think i hate ctf_Death becuase its such a small place to fight in

Alamo
April 17, 2005, 7:44 pm
Mikra was my Oldie Fav... It ruled!

Ivan0
April 17, 2005, 8:17 pm
death is THE map, tweaked or not still sucks

-DoA-Pero-SLO-
April 17, 2005, 9:33 pm
death pwns cuz u need good skill to play in it!

Jaz
April 17, 2005, 10:08 pm
kampf was my fave in 105, now its the worst

Marine
April 17, 2005, 11:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Faulty Doorknobthe only maps i dont like are the ones that have all wierd eye hurting colors. there was the one map that had like green, red, purple, and blue all on the same map. ugh it hurt my eyes.

Agreed. I like maps that flow.

Death is a great map for 10 vs 10s, unless it lags (which it almost alwasy does). It's just a big shootout, I like it.

_Mancer_
April 17, 2005, 11:52 pm
No I'm not insane. Ctf_Kampf is the worst map. Ever. Gameplay is terrible.

Arsenic
April 18, 2005, 12:03 am
INF_Invasion. The gameplay is so broken in every way on that map.

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 12:23 am
I dont like ctf_death.. u have to take a unusual route to the flag and back.. and you can bug yourself trough the wall separating the red and blue flags...

Keron Cyst
April 18, 2005, 3:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by -DoA-Pero-SLO-death pwns cuz u need good skill to play in it!
Cha, you need good skill with the XM214' :P

What's wrong with ctf_Kampf?

Borus
April 18, 2005, 3:51 pm
Infiltration: INF_Invasion
CTF: CTF_Death
DM/TeamDM/Rambo/PointMatch: Storm

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 9:20 pm
just inf_invasion cus everybody keeps on doing m79 jumps over it ALL THE TIME, maybe MM will update it

Aquarius
April 18, 2005, 11:33 pm
inf_invasion (horribly unbalanced), ctf_death (boring)

Dathker
April 22, 2005, 10:49 pm
ctf_death <- owns dont talk about it in such a mean way just cuz you all suck at playing on it.
ctf_chernobyl <- blows, horrible game play, almost like trench warfare in WWI

Keron Cyst
April 23, 2005, 1:01 am
Why do you like ctf_Death? It's so small; you can't even do anything, and the wall dividing the two sides gets constantly glitched. Now ctf_Chernobyl, that I can understand :P

frogboy
April 23, 2005, 1:16 am
ctf_Kampf or ctf_Death. Too much spray.

Borus
April 23, 2005, 2:48 pm
CTF_Death is great fun for fighting in, Just the game never ends because no one can get the flag.

murska
April 23, 2005, 5:13 pm
I think it's inf_fortress. I am allways blue, and it is too hard to find ANYTHING in that map. I espesially hate that hole that leads straight to the flag from the roof. Its so hard to defend the fortress that it usually ends up so that all the blues are in the down tunnel, reds take the flag and try to get to their own flag.
I actually like the inf_invasion, as it is hard to me, but in the right way.

Marine
April 24, 2005, 1:59 am
I would really like to know how INF Invasion is unbalanced. I've found it seems to all depend on defense setups of Blue, and assault tactics of Red.

In other words: Whoever better understands "teamwork," wins.

quote:Originally posted by dascoojust inf_invasion cus everybody keeps on doing m79 jumps over it ALL THE TIME, maybe MM will update it

Realistic.

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 11:48 am
I dunt play inf so often.. but I cant see how invasion is unbalanced? in my opinion it depends on skill and tactic.