( search forums )
msn 7 help plz!!!!!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
mickle89
April 12, 2005, 10:13 am
I have msn 7. Just wondering:

- How do u diable the bottom advertising of the main msn window where it say search the web?
- How do u disable the small writing at the bottom of the convo window which says something about eBay or something else?

Captain RibMan
April 12, 2005, 10:57 am
umm the solution to both is probably a feature in Msgplus

but the downside is spyware :/

Felix
April 12, 2005, 10:58 am
don't take msn, msn sux

Deleted User
April 12, 2005, 11:12 am
http://amsn.sourceforge.net/index.php

A lot of it is under attack by software patents, but AMSN is the best thing evar.

Shivorken
April 12, 2005, 11:35 am
quote:Originally posted by Felixdon't take msn, msn sux

MSN Rulz!!! Never ever had a problem with it!!! What chat program do you use Felix?

Rhombus
April 12, 2005, 12:54 pm
It's called a telephone. It's one of those things where you normally can only talk to 1 person at a time, and it costs money.

FliesLikeABrick
April 12, 2005, 2:17 pm
yes rhombus, because i want to call all those soldat people i know all over the world. For a while i used gaim, which is good if your computer is stable with it. since it constantly crashed, now i use Trillian

Liber_Lupus
April 12, 2005, 2:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_Lazulihttp://amsn.sourceforge.net/index.php

A lot of it is under attack by software patents, but AMSN is the best thing evar.

Same thing me and my brother use.

Hitman
April 12, 2005, 2:40 pm
Download the Mess Patch for the new MSN Messenger. You can and I quote:quote:Allows you to patch MSN Messenger 7.0.0777 (final release) with the following options: enable polygamy, install custom games, disable nudges, remove add contact label, remove msn search bar, remove banner ad, remove msn today button, fix nickname length, remove white (text ad) space from conversation windows, distinguish Idle from Away status (English version only), remove MSN logo (from main and conversation window), remove premium services (what's hot), remove conversation window search button, remove email button, remove my space button, remove all contact card buttons, disable nudge protection, remove user is writing message, remove Winks/packs and/or nudges buttons and change handwriting tab images to text, multi-language support (catalan, danish, dutch, english, french, portuguese, brazilian portuguese, spanish, swedish, and traditional chinese), enable/remove Winamp support in Personal Messages, clicking your MSN Display Picture in the main window opens the display picture dialog (like it used to), fixed packs button removal bug.

NEW in version 7.0.0777: boost Personal Messages to 500 characters, remove blocked extensions in file transfers, remove font button, remove backgrounds button, swap now playing artist and song title when using iTunes, version check for backups (bug fix) and 7 new languages!It's from this site.

mitokon
April 12, 2005, 10:50 pm
yeee!
thanks hitman, i've been trying to disable those damn nudges!

grand_diablo
April 12, 2005, 11:06 pm
www.miranda-im.org ;o

Captain RibMan
April 13, 2005, 3:05 am
Mmm polygamy

mitokon
April 13, 2005, 4:48 am
what polygamy = ?

frogboy
April 13, 2005, 4:50 am
Paramud, here's a dictionary. Use it.

enjoyincubus
April 13, 2005, 5:06 am
Thanks a bunch, Hitman. Well, and the people behind Mess Patch. =)

mitokon
April 13, 2005, 5:48 am
"po·lyg·a·my P Pronunciation Key (p-lg-m)
n.
The condition or practice of having more than one spouse at one time. Also called plural marriage."
why would msn want us to have more than one wife?

Captain RibMan
April 13, 2005, 6:17 am
can you prove msn doesnt want us to have more than one wife/!?!??!?!?

Captain Ben
April 13, 2005, 7:07 am
MSN has a plan in the making to brainwash it's users into eating Hungry Jack's burgers.
That's why I still use it...

N1nj@
April 13, 2005, 7:14 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain RibManumm the solution to both is probably a feature in Msgplus

but the downside is spyware :/
are u stupid? msgplus IS not a spyware, you can choose to install msgplus without installing that toolbar.

and msn 7 is old news...c'mon now

Hitman
April 13, 2005, 1:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by mitokon"po?lyg?a?my P Pronunciation Key (p-lg-m)
n.
The condition or practice of having more than one spouse at one time. Also called plural marriage."
why would msn want us to have more than one wife?
Try to think about it in the correct context. It means you can have more than one instance of MSN Messenger open, i.e. you can be signed into two different e-mail accounts.