( search forums )
browser problem
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
zambo_the_clown
April 12, 2005, 6:15 pm
everytime i try to go somewhere using any of my browsers, it wont bring up any pages and says connection was refused or something else. i cant even get my homepage up. i can however login to Ymessenger and play soldat online. Im thinking it has to do with port 80 settings but im not sure. im at school doing this right now. Have i been hijacked or do i have a virus with my browser???? need help!!!!

zoldat
April 12, 2005, 6:22 pm
oh ... u have a problem there i had something like it but it desapered after a frw days. duno what to do about it sorry

EDIT: u have a firewall?

zambo_the_clown
April 12, 2005, 6:25 pm
Yes i have a firewall (norton 2005) yes yes i know norton sucks at antivirus protection

n00bface
April 12, 2005, 9:09 pm
open up command prompt and type "ipconfig /renew"

zambo_the_clown
April 12, 2005, 10:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by n00bfaceopen up command prompt and type "ipconfig /renew"

already did that but it doesnt matter, i reformated and saved my crap i wanted to a cd. thanks for trying :)

Hitman
April 13, 2005, 1:24 am
Haha, you reformatted your computer because some of your browsers weren't working? It was probably just Spyware, or you [IMAGE]ed around with some settings in Network connections.

..and please, get rid of that hideous and above all stupid avatar. I mean, just what the [IMAGE] is that?

Edit: Did you try restarting, hitting F8 and selecting 'Last Known Good Configuration'? More

peemonkey
April 13, 2005, 2:15 am
yea, some people are all like "error message? gotta reformat!"

zambo_the_clown
April 13, 2005, 2:52 am
quote:Originally posted by HitmanHaha, you reformatted your computer because some of your browsers weren't working? It was probably just Spyware, or you [IMAGE]ed around with some settings in Network connections.

..and please, get rid of that hideous and above all stupid avatar. I mean, just what the [IMAGE] is that?

Edit: Did you try restarting, hitting F8 and selecting 'Last Known Good Configuration'? More

yes i did, i couldnt locate the virus/spyware that was causing this. norton sucks at antivirus so im gonna get mcfee since its better. i tried all browsers including IE netscape firefox and a couple others. By the way hitman, you must be a reason why this forum is going to hell. people like you just have to post when its that time of the month, wtf man? and either your avatar is [IMAGE]ing bashpit, get a life.....