( search forums )
when colored jet packs came out...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
aprilninety
April 13, 2005, 8:19 am
that was just a load on my eyes! Let me explain.

Anyone know of a Scubasan? anyways, he/she used to dress up in all cyan colors: helmet, top and bottom - even his mod for the skin was cyan! I thought that was a cool trademark until...

After colored jets came out, scubasan would get cyan jets!! This would annoy the heck outta me, cause I wasn't used to seeing a soldier in one whole color with colored smoke too.

It was like a mirage.

When he/she flew, the jetpacks would create this kind of illusion to my eyes and i wouldn't be able to aim on scubasan. Really annoying, but i got used to it, and finally it didn't bother me much in clanmatches.

Cyan? pssh...default soldier look is tightest!

EndertheXenocide
April 13, 2005, 6:02 pm
yeah, I remember the time when colored jets came out. I was having a hard time getting used to peole having different colored jets. It actually distracted me. I love the good old days.

Zero72
April 13, 2005, 10:09 pm
I really like the colored jets, always have. They're like a mark of status in a way, or at least distinction.

peemonkey
April 13, 2005, 10:40 pm
an illusion on your eyes....get glasses if you havent already.

Mini Man
April 14, 2005, 4:41 pm
Doesnt affect me :/

Deleted User
April 14, 2005, 4:47 pm
Do'nt realy care either way, Btw, does anyone know what file the jets are? and what file they're in?

AerialAssault
April 14, 2005, 7:59 pm
You have to be registered to change them.

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 8:42 pm
I don't think that some of the people that posted to this thread played before colored jets came out. If they had,then they would know what it looked like when some players had odd colored jets.

Alamo
April 14, 2005, 9:12 pm
I've been playing for a long time. I really loved it when the jets came out and I still do. It's just like a status symbol to have other jets than most of the people.

DT
April 15, 2005, 3:30 pm
hmmm colored jets don't really bother me... hmmm wonder why...
probly that damn optical illusion thread...

Gangsterlance
April 15, 2005, 5:04 pm
if i would be registered, i would let the jet yellow - as it is.

It would be annoying to me, if I'd have another jet than this yellow.

aprilninety
April 22, 2005, 3:24 am
no, i dont think some of you understand that problems some people faced when the colored jets came out. For some, they thought they were shooting the enemy, and that he/she just had some lag.

It was annoying to the eyes!

Hercule Poirot
April 22, 2005, 6:25 am
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultYou have to be registered to change them.

btw it's easy to change jetflame colors even if you're not registered by just looking up that jet.bmp file or something like that on some soldat folder open it on paint? psp? photoshop? change color to what you want save it and go play :Q (your/bots/other unregistered ppl jet will be same as that color you changed it red/green/blue whatever..)

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 2:48 pm
im too lazeh to do just that...
=)

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 3:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirotquote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultYou have to be registered to change them.

btw it's easy to change jetflame colors even if you're not registered by just looking up that jet.bmp file or something like that on some soldat folder open it on paint? psp? photoshop? change color to what you want save it and go play :Q (your/bots/other unregistered ppl jet will be same as that color you changed it red/green/blue whatever..)

Are you serious? Whats the file called? I'm assuming its in Sparks-gfx

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 7:49 pm
mmm... ure supposed to get this advantage when u register.. just send poor MM the 9$
;)

Azn Assassin
May 1, 2005, 3:30 am
Doesn't work, buddy. It screws up your game.

Cookie`
May 6, 2005, 5:20 am
I love my white jet flames ^^

Raptor
May 16, 2005, 5:34 pm
I think I'll never register soldat...