( search forums )
i said it again
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
April 13, 2005, 3:21 pm
i said it and i will say it again, some bigger gostek please,with better detail,now this whould be an improvement, dont remove this topic just respond

Meandor
April 13, 2005, 5:42 pm
Thought this had been suggested. What's the point anyway? More graphical details so all the maps must be redone to fit the new size? No thanks.

EndertheXenocide
April 13, 2005, 6:16 pm
yeah. it would just be too much work all at once.

DT
April 13, 2005, 8:52 pm
Work > Enjoyment of this idea...
although it would be kinda cool to set up guns and the sniping thing... heh easier to dodge snipers...:)

zyxstand
April 13, 2005, 9:10 pm
well, new way of formatting maps allowing for stretched results could help for this idea! meaning that if you can increase resolution of game and just stretch the maps themselves and just have more detailed gosteks, you wouldn't have to do so much work recreating new maps. it'll also help for adjustable resolution (maybe like 1280 x 1024 to 800 x 600) except that in lower resolution the gosteks should just be shriveled into a low quality picture - and maps just get smaller. This way everyone's happy. excpet that coding all these adjustabilities would be some work....though I personally think its worth it (letter "I" capitalized to be more emphasized, not cuz I's are big normally)

zoldat
April 13, 2005, 9:13 pm
i like the size we have now, dont make it bigger

Alamo
April 14, 2005, 9:25 pm
Same here. I like the size. I like the soldiers like they are right now, tiny but yet still detailed (e.g. dogtags).

kwanfei
April 14, 2005, 10:42 pm
Me too, i think the size right now is good

Hanz
April 15, 2005, 6:26 pm
This is what sets Soldat apart from other games, unique little detailed soldiers. Mini wars with massive casualties. Tiny combatants with excessive amounts of blood...its perfect the way it is now!

sjl21488
April 24, 2005, 4:00 am
i like this idea a lot. I think the soldats now look..kindaaaaa.... squerty.

vash763
April 24, 2005, 5:01 am
no, thats the point, its an arcade game. but when you add other human lives it can become very strategic. it is so unique, in the ways that Hanz mentioned, and that you can be so precise in such a small environment.

the way it is now also allows you to plan your next move better, because you are aloud to see more of the map due to the small size of the players

MercyM
April 24, 2005, 7:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Montoyai said it and i will say it again, some bigger gostek please,with better detail.
You can do it yourself by editing Gostek-Gfx files.

Aquarius
April 24, 2005, 9:58 am
I like the size, it's like Micro Machines! :D Play on fullscreen if it's to small for you.

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 11:53 am
I always play on fullscreen... but I like how everything is right now. dooont change size plzzz

Keron Cyst
April 24, 2005, 4:28 pm
Yeah, then the game's required skill level plunges down the toilet. Soldat's hard because the soldaten are small & hard to hit (depending on what weapon you're using, of course, but still).

Deleted User
April 29, 2005, 7:34 am
lol strategic? soldat isnt about strategic its about busting in and shooting some butts! what kind of a lame theory is that!after all there is no strategy in this game, you want to do something but your teammates wont cooperate

Captain Ben
April 29, 2005, 12:05 pm
It's not like you can see something really detailed in so many pixels.

_Mancer_
April 29, 2005, 9:13 pm
Bigger gosteks = Not happening.