( search forums )
bunker self-setup
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
April 13, 2005, 9:22 pm
this idea i have seen, for example, in Red Alert (though it didnt' give me the idea) - my idea just reminded me of that game.
anyways, in a version of red alert, you could click on your regular machine-gun soldier and he would turn his area into a little bunker for more efficiency.

if you dunno what i mean here:
he would create a little bunker area around himself where he can be a bit more safer from gun fire and his weapon accuracy for machine guns would increase. it's also harder to hit him since most of his (lower) body is protected.

now, the soldier can only do so if he has a machine gun (hk mp5, steyr aug, ak 74, that black mini whos name i forgot, and MAYBE the larger, annoying mini) now im not sure about the o-so annoying mini gun because i dunno if you could really actually make it much more accurate (like that other idea). and maybe he could also do that for ruger and perhaps barret (or if being able to do so only for certain weapons doesn't make much sense then do it for all weps). However since it IS a bunker, nades will explode on impact so tats one disadvantage. another disadvantage is that it takes some time to establish that "base". however, maybe he can just walk away from it and it'll like break-down so noone else can use it and so that he doens't have to spend another minute trying to set it up. but then he could only use it once (unless, perhaps, he puts it away himself).

i expect you all to read it XD so that i dun get "but" comments if i clarified the question already!

DeMonIc
April 14, 2005, 2:27 pm
Well, that's an interesting idea, but allow me to mold it a bit:

You could take a secondary, inflat-o-bunker. You could switch to your secondary, and in 4 seconds, set up 3 small colliders: one next to you on both sides, and one under you. I think that's reasonable, and using reload on the secondary would pack the bunker.

UltraMagnus
April 14, 2005, 3:52 pm
i like the idea of it being a seccondary

btw its from the allied GIs in red alert 2

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 5:04 pm
Nice little idea, but then that would saying that you can use your primary and secondary at the same time. Good idea, but other things would change quite a bit. But I could be misunderstanding the idea. that is just my thought.

Mini Man
April 14, 2005, 5:14 pm
Hmmm quite nice as long as you cannot use it with a barret, thats all we need..

The Geologist
April 14, 2005, 5:20 pm
Don't like it. Doesn't fit the game...I mean come on, your soldat just stops and starts making a bunker? Yeah, and then someone shoots you with a law or throws down some nades while you're sitting in your bunker and you're toast. Not needed IMO, just fight your enemies instead of hiding from them.

zyxstand
April 14, 2005, 9:24 pm
exactly - i think it'd be better with instant hit from nades on the bunker since its a bunker - this would limit the use of the inflat-o-bunker (or inflate-o-bunker) so tat it's not overused. good for inf. and good for holdign strong fort. if you don like it, geo, then don use it - and just kill those who do use it with nades...works out fine for those who like it and does who wouldn't use it ;D

The Geologist
April 14, 2005, 11:20 pm
If by working fine you mean making yourself an easy target, then yes. Go right ahead.

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:02 am
do you mean bunker or mean like a little fort?

zyxstand
April 15, 2005, 3:28 am
well, just like putting what would look like sand-bags around you to your left and to your right to cover mainly your lower and normally easiest target. good against machine guns and rather useless against explosives. and maybe even protect him from the top. and bottom won't be necessary i think.

Leo Da Lunerfox
April 15, 2005, 6:35 am
Its basically just to cover your lower portions of your body, and, even though it doesn't really help (Moving helps more in this game when compared to other games), and would definitly end up with a bunch of "Bunker-Noobs" or "Sandbag [IMAGE]", the idea is still good.

FliesLikeABrick
April 15, 2005, 2:24 pm
im pretty sure this idea is named "LETSGIVEPEOPLEAREASONTOCAMP" and i think it tried to kill me in my sleep last night. I don't care for it too much at all.

basically you're saying "lets give campers some protection, and give them even less reason to move around entirely"

I can just picture a couple of these popping up through entire games, especially right after it got implemented into the game, everyone would want to try it out

DT
April 15, 2005, 4:04 pm
wait so your saying we should now give campers protection??? real nice...

Rhombus
April 15, 2005, 5:31 pm
Inflate-o-bunker is NOT a good name. To inflate is the same as to put air in a silly plastic thingy, making it bigger. Bullets go thru air reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaally easy.

Leo Da Lunerfox
April 16, 2005, 12:18 am
Tis but a silly name Rhombus...

zambo_the_clown
April 16, 2005, 1:21 am
ok dont like it at all. soldat is fast action and you cant build a bunker in like 4 seconds. this game is based on fast action and death happening every .001 seconds. this idea reminds me of strategy games like warcraft and others. this is silly :P

Captain Ben
April 16, 2005, 3:08 am
Perhaps in stead of an inflatable bunker, you could choose a bullet proof ski jacket ball.
They could roll around everywhere! Fun on steep levels/maps
If you don't understand (more than likely), watch 007: The World is not Enough to hear me out.

Vanana
April 16, 2005, 3:32 am
sandbags...
nah, not so good idea, WORSt if it is as sec weapon?
use the ones on the map

zyxstand
April 16, 2005, 4:10 am
lol ppl - if you don't like campers (which i don) this certainly is a good idea for you then - you can easily throw a bunch of nades on a stationary and easy-to-hit target or just fire at it with your M79. if you like to camp - go ahead, take the risk - this is only for sorta protection if you find a good position. and then when ppl get more used to this feature of having port-o-bunkers (not inflate, your right FLAB) then ppl will find good positions on maps. and if the anti-campers are also really good, then they will find ways to easily kill ppl if they are in such common positions (ie, get around them somehow.)

sbu-spyvin
April 19, 2005, 3:38 pm
don't like.....

its from RA2 GI from the allies.

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 4:02 pm
and again a idia could realized by adding objects...

the idia wthi the sand-bags for example u can carry them as a weapon (if change weapon,u drop it), they collide and u can build ur fort... and it makes u 'editing' ur environment... ( ok i dont work out here how this optjekt thingĂ˝ can work)

what do u think?

vash763
April 20, 2005, 8:04 am
if anything, dig a foxhole. Shovels are easyier to carry around then a few sandbags eh?

Will
April 20, 2005, 9:43 am
this idea would cause loads of lag and people wouldnt need to have skill anymore because they would just hide in thier ghey little bunkers.

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 4:01 pm
err.. bunker dudes would just be sitting ducks for anyone with a grenade or m79..

zyxstand
April 20, 2005, 8:45 pm
exactly - u all have good points though ur looking at it wrong...
will, they can be hiding in b unkers and harder to be hit with bullet-guns. nades work better and m79 or knife/chainsaw.
and psycho (if your saying that it's too ez to kill'em) - if they wanna take that risk and be able to be killed ezier with m79/nades, they're risk that they're taking. and if you use m79 then this idea would justmake it ezier for you. so, again, everyone wins. and carrying shovel to dig holes is totally difficult to implement, not to mention all the bugs that you can creat (dig holes to other side???). port-o-bunkers are more efficient!

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 10:24 pm
hmm, just say that u can have the effect like the bullet proof west...
if u don't move u have the 'bonus' if u move u loose it.. to get out of it takes about 3 sec's so just an other idia