( search forums )
Brightness control
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
blasta
April 13, 2005, 9:40 pm
I don't know about you guys, but my screen is really friggin dark. I've tried fooling around with it, but I can't get it much brighter than it is. I think it would be great if Michal made a quick fix for brightness, since you can't control it on soldat. It saves my life with other games, but soldat is almost unplayable due to the darkness of the screen.
Thanks

UltraMagnus
April 14, 2005, 3:53 pm
i do think this would be much help to many people to be honest, and if you cant adjust your screen to change it perhaps you have a dud screen

blasta
April 14, 2005, 4:48 pm
Pretty Please?

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 4:57 pm
I believe that is a bad idea. Just change your monitor brightness. If you can't, I will say what Ultra said "you have a dud screen."

Meandor
April 14, 2005, 8:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by EndertheXenocideI believe that is a bad idea. Just change your monitor brightness. If you can't, I will say what Ultra said "you have a dud screen."

Maybe he doesn't want to change the gamma everytime he plays?

Futile
April 14, 2005, 9:34 pm
Yeah, a brightness control is a necessity. I use a lot of different computers during a normal week, and Soldat just seems really dark on many systems. I have had this problem on really posh set ups with brand new CRT's and matching graphic cards (and drivers of course...), as well as on older hardware.

The picture can be "perfect" in every aspect, and still Soldat is rendered darker than what I am able to handle.

blasta
April 15, 2005, 1:37 am
quote:Originally posted by blastaI've tried fooling around with it, but I can't get it much brighter than it is.

I can't get the screen any brighter than it is using the controls on the screen. I CAN change the gamma, but then the rest of my comp looks like crap and I would have to change it every damn time I play. Some maps are fine in most areas, but there are parts that almost look completely black. And if the brightness control was so pointless, then why do so many professional games have it?

Vijchtidoodah
April 15, 2005, 1:41 am
Blasta, are you sure you don't just have a really bright room? I can't even see what's going on in Soldat when I have my shutters open.

blasta
April 15, 2005, 1:45 am
No, even playing in total darkness I can't see sometimes... I think it's the monitor but I don't want to buy another one just for soldat... I can play other games perfectly if I just change the brightness a little.

Krios
April 15, 2005, 1:48 am
::OFF TOPIC::well we could have night vision and have pure pure dark levels....

::ON TOPIC::
I agree just ajust your screen to your brightness likeness.. even if you have to brighten it for Soldat then darken it again...

blasta
April 15, 2005, 1:55 am
Just tried that... When the gamma gets too high I can see, but it looks like total crap...

Vanana
April 15, 2005, 2:14 am
hmmm
not pretty common in games but maybe would b helpfull

zyxstand
April 15, 2005, 3:38 am
although this is not a problem for me, i think that most crt monitors have that problem (when i went to friends house i notixced) - i may though be wrong. and it is a useful tool/feature to have even if not everyone needs it. i personally don't think that it'll be that hard to implement since many games do have video configuration in-game (not necessarily in the setup)

offtopic: i have lcd screens so i don rly have that problem but crt monitors are definitely much better for games just because it is more efficient!

blasta
April 15, 2005, 12:03 pm
Yeah, I'm sure I'm not the only one with a dark screen...

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 1:51 pm
Honestly? If it conveniences the player and makes it easier to get into the game, then I am all for it.

Harwin
April 16, 2005, 10:30 pm
YES!!!!!!

Thats the thing i want most for soldat right now, on the bottom of Cambodia, i see NOTNING, its all black. :/

And yes, i have an old screen which i cant tune up more.

And no, i dont have economy to buy a new computer screen to play a game.

Nor do i have the patience to change the brightness each time i am going to play Soldat.

Well?

Green Barret
April 16, 2005, 11:29 pm
Off Topic: Krios, do you know how night vision works? It amplifies given light to a great level, allowing to see in relative darkness. However, if there were pure pure dark levels and you tried to see with the goggles there, you wouldn't be able to see at all. You need at least a tiny bit of light for it to work.

On Topic: Yeah this is quite needed. I too have several games i play and each of them have different brightness levels. Its annoying to change the monitor gamma everytime you play.

Captain Ben
April 17, 2005, 3:34 am
Blasta, what kind of monitor do you have? I'm not an expert, but perhaps it could be the brand :/

blasta
April 17, 2005, 2:47 pm
TTX 17"