( search forums )
new weapon/powerup WITH (better) PICS
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
April 13, 2005, 9:42 pm
(plz, this took me long to write so let it through plz)

This is a rather interesting idea for a weapon since i doubt any other game has it or whether it exists at all. but how about a weapon or perhaps a grenade type that basically consists of 2 heavy weights attached to each other with a special rope (about 3 times the vertical size of a soldier). now, realistically this would be shot horizontally so that it winds itself around a soldier, but, since the soldier have such PERFECT horizontal aim, it will be fired vertically (if you dun understand; two weights with a special rope fired vertically) and when it comes in contact with a soldier it'll just keep flying and perhaps loose some reasonable speed. then, when any part of that device with or without a soldier hits a wall or something, the two weights will immediately attach to the ground and the ropes will explode since its made like that....... so like imagine a soldier with a big weapon in his hand and he fires it so tat the bottom half will hit a corner and the top have "would" keep flying - now with the rope attached the top half will curve so not to extend the rope and hit the ground and then immeditaly explode as soon as both weights are attached at something.
another thing, when you fire it into an opening (like a tunnel tat starts a bid above the ground) and the two weights hit right above and below the entrance of the tunnel, the soldier will be attached to that rope and it'll immediately blow up. so even when the enemy is really high up, and you fire at him, if he just TOUCHES it, he will become attached to the rope and then they combine momentum and sorta take a new path or w.e and explode when hit. also, this weapon is especially useful for multi kills or as a panic weapon and it can be fired from w.e position (not required to be proning or crouching). and it's reload time should be incredibly slow but not as slow as the LAW. also, friendly soldiers (teammates) will also be attached to the rope but won't die unless FF is on.

**and when i mean vertically fired, i mean not like left and right of the soldier, but so that the rope extends itself to be seen on the screen...get it?

thank's if you took the time to read all this - it is really hard to explain but i think it'll be an awesome weapon!

and definitely ask question if parts are unclear, because they most likely will be to some of you...

EDIT: here it is AGAIN perhaps better explaiend:

big gun that fires two weights with an explosive rope connecting them. as it flies, as it hits a soldier that soldier will get attached to it (kinda like net gun) and as soon as both weights touch ground, they'll immediately attach to the ground and then the rope explodes, basically killing any soldier (unless team and ff = 0).

tats basically it - here's some more details that retards won't understand, as jigga (said):
both, the projectile and the soldier combine momentum as explained before so that it gets slowed down, meaning a perfectly elastic collision for u physix ppl. also, the explosive rope will have realistic physical properties so that it'll spin around its center (when first weight hits the ground) untill the other weight also hits grounds - and as i said before, those weights will immediately attach.
problem: f fired in such a unique way that only one weight attaches to a wall above and other way hangs floating in mid air, then as soon as the entire device stops moving (as long as one weight is attached), the thing will explode. it might be difficult to determine when something stops moving (although it seems obvious to the most) but after thinking about it for a while, i beileve that it's the best solution to this possible problem.
now if any of you have a better solution, plz post it and we shall discuss it

EDIT 2:
LINKS:
http://www.freewebs.com/zyxstand/newweap21.PNG
http://www.freewebs.com/zyxstand/newweap31.PNG

MOFO NOFO
April 14, 2005, 4:02 pm
it sounds like those ninja things, except replace the metal balls with nades, and it only goes up AND it blows up every1 in its path.. err i dont think thats possible to program for a 2d game such as soldat, well of course its possible, but it wouldent be that good...

ill give it more thought and reply l8a

UltraMagnus
April 14, 2005, 4:10 pm
i think it sounds utterly craap, its just some stupid imaginary weapon, whats good about soldat is the weapons are based on real ones!

MOFO NOFO
April 14, 2005, 4:29 pm
you think that "FLAMED-EXPLODING-ARROW-THINGIES"(rambo) are real??... .. you have issues.

OFFTOPIC

STOP SPAMMING THE DAMN GAME SUGGESTIONS, HOW ARE YOU HELPING THEM BY SAYING, "UHH THIS IS SH*T, THATS G*Y, OMFG WORST IDEA EVER?!!!

like .... ..... *echos*

The Geologist
April 14, 2005, 5:28 pm
Because maybe he happens to have an opinion that this idea sucks. Not everyone has to like every idea MOFO, and sometimes the crappy ones need to be called out. On that note, stop being a hypocrite MOFO, for your post has absolutely nothing to do with this topic and is even more "spam" than his was. At least he managed to address the topic at hand.

And I happen to agree with him on this one...it sounds fun, but no. Weapon ain't real, and it'd be like having an exploding knife more or less. You throw it and things go boom, except you somehow manage to get a new one (since it has a slow reload, according to you). If this is a secondary, it needs to be like the knife...one throw and that's it. For what you described having this weapon reload would be way too much. But, aside from all that...no. Keep thinking :/

Zegovia
April 14, 2005, 7:21 pm
That sounds like Exploding bollás to me!

and Mofo, its called explosive arrowheads...^^

zyxstand
April 14, 2005, 9:30 pm
lol nice posts all, but im not sure whether your all for it or not - and some of you have points about soldat features though not too much on topic. and it'd make soldat quite a unique idea with this weapon. but since the weapon consists of like a launcher that launches to connected balls, it'd be wasteful to f-throw it like the knife unless you can pick it up.....which is a no..... - however another idea would be to have a powerup - like the cluster nades ie - that you get a one time use only and i't'll replace your current nades - which brings up the other topic bout being able to interchange greandes so not to loose your regular nades, or in this case loose your clusters...anyways keep 'em posting

JiggaBlue
April 14, 2005, 10:01 pm
quote:This is a rather interesting idea for a weapon since i doubt any other game has it or whether it exists at all. but how about a weapon or perhaps a grenade type that basically consists of 2 heavy weights attached to each other with a special rope (about 3 times the vertical size of a soldier). now, realistically this would be shot horizontally so that it winds itself around a soldier, but, since the soldier have such PERFECT horizontal aim, it will be fired vertically (if you dun understand; two weights with a special rope fired vertically) and when it comes in contact with a soldier it'll just keep flying and perhaps loose some reasonable speed. then, when any part of that device with or without a soldier hits a wall or something, the two weights will immediately attach to the ground and the ropes will explode since its made like that....... so like imagine a soldier with a big weapon in his hand and he fires it so tat the bottom half will hit a corner and the top have "would" keep flying - now with the rope attached the top half will curve so not to extend the rope and hit the ground and then immeditaly explode as soon as both weights are attached at something.
another thing, when you fire it into an opening (like a tunnel tat starts a bid above the ground) and the two weights hit right above and below the entrance of the tunnel, the soldier will be attached to that rope and it'll immediately blow up. so even when the enemy is really high up, and you fire at him, if he just TOUCHES it, he will become attached to the rope and then they combine momentum and sorta take a new path or w.e and explode when hit. also, this weapon is especially useful for multi kills or as a panic weapon and it can be fired from w.e position (not required to be proning or crouching). and it's reload time should be incredibly slow but not as slow as the LAW. also, friendly soldiers (teammates) will also be attached to the rope but won't die unless FF is on.

Can you explain this without using your retard translator? From what i read of othe peoples it sounds useless, but i still have no idea since i got out of retard class this year.

Crazy1
April 14, 2005, 11:29 pm
sounds pretty good, but you coulda described it better. though three times the vertical height? you could nail a couple guys with one of thoes.

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:00 am
its kind of complicated so i dont really like this idea.

zyxstand
April 15, 2005, 3:48 am
lmao - sorry guys. it's not that my english sux - i just suck at explaining myself.
and u don have to be such a hata jigga!
i'll try again (above added as edit):

Captain Ben
April 15, 2005, 6:06 am
quote:Originally posted by dascooits kind of complicated so i dont really like this idea.

It sounds complicated, so you don't agree with it?
A good idea, but maybe you should draw a picture as an example. It might explain it a tad easier...

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 10:25 am
ohhh exploding ninja ropes, sounds good but not good for this game. in soldat i expect to be blown up, shot at, overkilled, knifed to death and mauled to death with a chain saw not caught in some 2 dimensional net with 3 other guys by a noob

UltraMagnus
April 15, 2005, 6:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOyou think that "FLAMED-EXPLODING-ARROW-THINGIES"(rambo) are real??... .. you have issues.

OFFTOPIC

STOP SPAMMING THE DAMN GAME SUGGESTIONS, HOW ARE YOU HELPING THEM BY SAYING, "UHH THIS IS SH*T, THATS G*Y, OMFG WORST IDEA EVER?!!!

like .... ..... *echos*

should i point out that explosive tipped arrows are real? there basically an arrow with a small grenade stuck to the end :-P

kwanfei
April 15, 2005, 9:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnusquote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOyou think that "FLAMED-EXPLODING-ARROW-THINGIES"(rambo) are real??... .. you have issues.

OFFTOPIC

like .... ..... *echos*

should i point out that explosive tipped arrows are real? there basically an arrow with a small grenade stuck to the end :-P

yup, we have explosive arrows in real life

BManx2000
April 15, 2005, 10:44 pm
But you will admit that explosive arrows are entirely possible...

zyxstand
April 15, 2005, 10:45 pm
OO OO i lov lil fighers bmanx...anyways.
im attempting to draw the pic (hopefully you'll see it when u read this). it'll be a quite complicated picture - much like my writing.

Captain Ben
April 15, 2005, 11:03 pm
Is it kind of like that cannonball-thing from Pirates of the Caribean?

zyxstand
April 16, 2005, 4:12 am
hmm, im not sure - haven't seen that movie in a long time....o wait, i remember - yes it kidna is except the chain connecting the two cannon balls is explosive rope (or sometin). tas the idea though (but not used like in the movie)

Captain Ben
April 16, 2005, 3:07 pm
So like the chain-connected cannonballs in POTC, except you replace them with sticky grenades that explode when the hit a wall?

zyxstand
April 16, 2005, 6:51 pm
well, the weights don't explode - but ehey're sticky. the entire rope explodes with anyone on it dying.

LINKS READY

BManx2000
April 17, 2005, 2:18 am
"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information."

1. You didn't compress the images at all, so I'm not surprised.

2. Geocities sucks.

Michal
April 17, 2005, 2:45 am
I kinda like this idea, but it does not fit in with Soldat. It's just too unrealistic.
It would make a good weapon for Worms or Liero or something.

Nice comic by the way :)

BManx2000
April 17, 2005, 3:31 am
Ahh, now I can see it. So it's basically like an exploding net launcher.

CottonTheMoth
April 17, 2005, 5:32 am
To make it a little better(less cheap), it should only be able to capture 2 people max. You made it a little confusing so im just gunna say, you shoot the 2 balls, they seperate after about 3 soldiers across(what else am I supposed to use?)and keep on going straight, until the rope hits a soldier, and then the 2 balls keep on going until they hit land, and the soldier is stuck until he drops his weapong and does something like punchin it 3 times, or kinfing it once. And i dunno if you should be able to shoot through the net....heres a pic to aid my "re-edit"
[IMAGE]

zyxstand
April 17, 2005, 2:37 pm
thnx for the help...though i was aiming for more an explosive rope that explodes when the weights hit the wall.

and bmanx;
1. compressing makes the pic loose quality which i hate cuz then it's not as clear as the bitmap is.
2. yes, geocities does suck since its overly public but its the only host i have currently.

Liber_Lupus
April 17, 2005, 2:48 pm
Convert it to png, the size will decrease and you won't notice the quality change.

zyxstand
April 17, 2005, 3:06 pm
tru that...didn't see the difference...though with .gif it makes it so werid and pathetic...ight links r up with the .png!

BManx2000
April 17, 2005, 3:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Liber_LupusConvert it to png, the size will decrease and you won't notice the quality change.

Actually, png loses no quality.

EDIT: Those links are bad.

zyxstand
April 17, 2005, 3:39 pm
YES YES sry i know - they did loose quiality but actually, for all i know, it seems the same...

Evilg0ld
April 17, 2005, 6:43 pm
hmmm... i like teh idea, it's pretty creative. I think the current soldat weapons r getting a lil too boring, and maybe we should add new ones like the one suggested here.

And as for the comic, it's JUST A FRIGGIN EXAMPLE, cuz if you casn picture it in your mind, you can see it there.

UltraMagnus
April 17, 2005, 9:41 pm
i got to see them

and i think your idea sucks even more now, congrats

Captain Ben
April 17, 2005, 10:11 pm
Well...
I think it's an awesome idea, but it's a bit foolproof. Maybe instead of cutting the rope, if you shot one of the bombs instead, that would even it up.

Marine
April 18, 2005, 2:15 am
Interesting, but sort of wierd, I do not think the community is ready for it.