( search forums )
when prone
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Mr_Sako
April 13, 2005, 10:19 pm
it would be cool when your prone instead of having to press the prone button again to get back up, to be able to press jump or the jetpack button to stand up, and press crouch to go from prone to crouch.

this is how it works on the other games i play and i do this by instict, hvaing to press the prone button again get's annoying and gets me killed sometimes becasue i keep pressing jump thinking, why aren't i standing up??

Liber_Lupus
April 14, 2005, 2:13 pm
You can get quickly up from prone by moving the mouse to other direction.

SPARTAN_III
April 14, 2005, 3:05 pm
i think we need to hold prone to use it

MOFO NOFO
April 14, 2005, 3:09 pm
i think you people should stop suggesting this cr*p and think for 4 hours before you post.

think how this will affect maps where you need to prone and boost while on ice, and many people accidently press jump while their proning, good idea, but we dont need it.

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 5:14 pm
I actually like the idea. Because sometimes I mean to hit the prone button, but I miss it. So then i am laying there, trying to figure out why the button didn't make me stand back up. Moving the mouse around works, but it makes your aimer off from a target if you are firing at one. I think it has some positive outlook for the idea.

AerialAssault
April 14, 2005, 8:06 pm
i always just move my mouse behind me. but i dont really go prone very often anyway.

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:11 am
just move your mouse around you like AA said

AWH_ReApEr
April 15, 2005, 1:27 am
Yep, this is pointless. Move your mouse and you're fine.

Vijchtidoodah
April 15, 2005, 1:36 am
Actually, I would love this. I'm stuck with a crappy old mouse with a sticky ball and often when I move it to get up, it'll stick and I'll be facing the wrong direction. Also, I hate the fact that it takes so long to move the mouse around to stand up and then have to fix my aim in the middle of a firefight (sure, it's only a second or two, but you have to take into account the fact that two seconds is more than enough time to die) when, if this incredibly simple idea is implemented, I could just stand up and jump out of the way of anything with the same button and not lose my aim.

Not only that, but the only possible problem that was mentioned (by MOFO NOFO) involves a very small number of maps, a manuever that is rarely used even on those maps (except one), and happens only when someone is stupid enough to hit the wrong key.

It won't do anyone any harm, so why not just put it in?

DT
April 15, 2005, 4:00 pm
quote:to be able to press jump or the jetpack button to stand up, and press crouch to go from prone to crouch.

then you can't do a dive in air or slide off of stuff

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 8:59 pm
Then maybe not make it by jumpjets. But maybe just hit the jump button. Of course it is kind of unneccesary, but is much easier to get up with. As Vijch said (he put into to words better than I did)
quote:I hate the fact that it takes so long to move the mouse around to stand up and then have to fix my aim in the middle of a firefight (sure, it's only a second or two, but you have to take into account the fact that two seconds is more than enough time to die)

i think it would make the game be just a little more fast paced.