( search forums )
newbie mapper with a problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Mr_Sako
April 14, 2005, 12:39 am
i accidently made a stray polygon, its a super skinny triangle i just noticed it now, its blue and its being drawn over a red block and it looks bad, i tried moving hte polygons around it and zooming in as much as i can to try and click it, i cant get it clicked (to delete it) what should i do?

Vijchtidoodah
April 14, 2005, 1:11 am
Absolutely nothing.

You can try to place some scenery or a new polygon right over it...but that doesn't always work and generally looks like crap.

Here's what I suggest - and this goes for ALL computer related activities: save frequently because sooner or later you're going to make some irreversible mistake and you'll wish that you had somewhere to load to so you don't have to start all over again.

Also, try getting a mapmaker with an undo button and test your maps frequently. There are many things that you won't ever notice if you don't look at the map in-game.

Mr_Sako
April 14, 2005, 2:33 am
whats another map maker you think i should use? im using the official one right now

Vijchtidoodah
April 14, 2005, 2:40 am
MapMakerPlus

Boxo
April 14, 2005, 1:01 pm
Actually, using MapMakerplus you can select and delete any polygon with the 'select by number' tool.

Keron Cyst
April 18, 2005, 3:50 pm
Ooh, I'm gonna want that! Why doesn't the official one have that feature?

eagleclaw364
April 23, 2005, 7:54 pm
Because Michal Marcinowski discontinued it.

Raptor
May 16, 2005, 5:47 pm
Did Michal Marcinowski made the Mapmaker Plus?