( search forums )
-[The Replacement Killers Mod(5/15)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 14, 2005, 2:18 am
Well, this is probably my best and last thing that I'll make for soldat. The mod mostly basically replaces the weapons with different gfx and maybe even sounds. There are also a few new weapons. As i keep making the mod ill update this post with pics of the new guns. The main purpose of this thread is to get advice for the mod. Soon i'll make a beta version that some of you can test if you wan't, just pm me.
----------------------------
:WHAT I HAVE DONE: (updated may 15)
----------------------------

Interface and ingame guns as of 5/15:
[IMAGE]

I just have to finish the m79, knife, minigun, and stat gun ingame and the beta will be done.

-I decided to change the explosion by taking out all of the orange and red. I havn't made that final, and I'll make a gif of each one and you can see what you like best. Ill do that sometime tomorrow probably.

Pics of the explosion as of 4/17:
[IMAGE]

Animation of explosion as of 5/15:
[IMAGE]

^^Sorry for the bad quality. Just wanted to show you a preview.

Pics of flamethrower as of 4/17:
[IMAGE]

-Im not happy with the way the flames look and i can't really change it because they use the same gfx as the explosion. All i can do is ask Michal to make separate gfx for the flames in the flamethrower :\

Deleted User
April 14, 2005, 9:27 am
wow thats so frickin good^^ nice shading, nice design...just nice^^ u have a pm ;)

MercyM
April 14, 2005, 12:25 pm
Looks really nice. But what the hell is that Barret?!

JiggaBlue
April 14, 2005, 6:51 pm
Looks good, i will will help you test when it come beta for sure. Maybe this time a full mod we be good and no jus t2 wepons from it. The interface models look extreme.

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 8:58 pm
Very nice work. I love it. (checking later for beta version or even final version when it comes out)

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 14, 2005, 11:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by MercyMLooks really nice. But what the hell is that Barret?!

I just made it for another mod that I never finished. Does it fit in with the rest of the weapons? I dont know what to call it.

MercyM
April 15, 2005, 4:52 am
Yeah, it does, but it looks a bit weird...

reckon
April 15, 2005, 5:32 am
My gripe is with the spaz, it just looks puny.
Otherwise I really like what youve done with alot of the weapons, especially the Aug and chainsaw.
If you have any beta testers, id give it a go.

JiggaBlue
April 16, 2005, 1:41 am
I really like the ruger, looksreally good.

Ripper.
April 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
omg this look awesome..

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 9:34 am
Wow, this owned my replacement mod out of the sky.

However...can someone take me a screenshot of the flame god bonus with this mod? I want to see how the flamer looks with the new explosion >:)

mickle89
April 17, 2005, 2:17 pm
nice

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 17, 2005, 5:59 pm
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've been working on this mod everyday basically and i think it's going to turn out well. I'll have a beta version out soon so if you want to test, just pm me :)

N1nj@
April 17, 2005, 6:18 pm
wow, the flamethrower really looks big with that explosion...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 17, 2005, 6:37 pm
yeah, the explosion is bigger than normal one. I hope michal makes a separate gfx for the flamethrower in next version

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 6:42 pm
i think you should have had the red and orange kinda like inside the clouds of the explosion so it will look like a real explosion coming out of the smoke.
anyway the guns look great on the interface and ingame.

JiggaBlue
April 17, 2005, 9:34 pm
Please put the old explosion back in, or atleast release it as a seperate file, the old one was what i was mostly looking forward too. :D

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 18, 2005, 12:20 am
i might blend the two together with photoshop :P

Elemental
April 18, 2005, 1:17 am
When do you expect it all to be done, it looks really promising. If it's your last thing youll make for Soldat, you should at least make it good :D

Famine
April 18, 2005, 1:36 am
Everything is perfect...RELEASE IT :O

Marine
April 18, 2005, 2:23 am
Yea, release it man. This looks like 20 out of 10 material.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 18, 2005, 2:35 am
Im trying to make it perfect. I dont know where i can get sounds. I tried to record some from my tom clancy games but they didnt sound good. anyone know a good site?

Famine
April 18, 2005, 2:53 am
I record sounds for other games, but I can usually use makeshift things. I dont have any guns lying around the house :(

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 21, 2005, 4:07 am
I've decided that when i get all the weapons done and start getting beta testers im not going to post anymore of the mod on the forums. I dont want to give everything away :P

Elemental
April 23, 2005, 3:28 am
Could you just tell us when you think it'll be finished? It looks really nice, and Im looking for a good mod :/

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 23, 2005, 5:10 pm
Sure I will, Im sorry im taking a long time. I'm moving, playing the guitar more, and I've just been more busy than usual. I'll tell you when I release the beta.

F@NTOM
April 24, 2005, 3:05 pm
Everything looks perfect except that flamethrower flame, it looks like just the smoke is coming out but no fire. :))

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 24, 2005, 5:50 pm
Yeah, i know. There is really no way I can fix that unless I change my explosion which I like :\

Ripper.
April 24, 2005, 5:54 pm
i just search for sounds on google..

Sam
April 24, 2005, 8:42 pm
I think the M79 looks ugly, kinda looks like the original with a pink hue. My favourite is the barrett and i agree with making the spas a bit bigger. Dont rush the sounds, they make a good mod a great mod.

Elemental
April 24, 2005, 9:39 pm
Yea, make sure the sounds fit the guns..like, if its a small gun, or ruger, make it a nice little, short choppy sound
Also, the spaz weapon doesnt really seem like it would let out lots of little bullets, but maybe thats just me :/

kylerlandry
May 2, 2005, 1:00 am
M16A1 looks a tad odd.Steyr looks great.M4's mag is too small for the mag well....unless its the colt model 635

Elemental
May 2, 2005, 4:13 am
When is it coming out!?
Fudge sticks!

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 4:24 am
That Explosion is godly...*drools* This might actaully replace the mod combo I have now. I can't wait. Also I can't wait to play with this mod alongside the song "Replacement Killers"-Chem Bros. But that's another story.

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 12:31 pm
mike cmon hurry cant wait^^

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 3, 2005, 10:27 pm
:P, I havn't gotten to work on it much in the last 2 weeks sry. I have 3 more weapons to finish. the minigun, rambo bow, and flame thrower. Then ill release a beta that everyone can try and then respond. I won't change any of the guns that i have done so far yet until i release beta.

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 11:46 pm
i learned a few week ago that there is a movie called "The Replacement Killers". is that what you are modeling this mod after?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 4, 2005, 5:24 pm
Check this out:
[IMAGE]
How would you like it if i put some of the weapon stats right beside the gun where the weapon name goes? Does it look too crowded? What do you think?

@Faulty: No :P But i got the name from that movie, and these guns are replacement killers for the original guns

i am ahab
May 4, 2005, 6:00 pm
Tomorrow comes today...
hmm...
rings bells...
ooh ooh!
like the boy sets fire album?

Elemental
May 4, 2005, 6:56 pm
I dont like how the info goes under it..most people already know, and with Soldat as a face-paced game, i dont think many people will sit around reading
And Tomorrow comes Today..is a song from the Gorillaz, no?

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 4, 2005, 7:33 pm
Elemental Wins! But if a few more people post what they think about the weapon info, ill decide whether or not to keep it.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 2:32 am
thats what you meant when you told me...i dont like it. just like elemental said:
quote:Originally posted by Elemental Soldat as a face-paced game
(you spelled fast wrong :p)

Elemental
May 5, 2005, 3:58 am
Wth! wow..i didnt notice that..im so out of it right now.. XD
face..lol!

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 4:06 am
Mike, finish this mod soon!!!!! I wanna try it. It looks awesome!

P.S. If you need another beta tester, I'd be more than happy to be one. You can reach me via msn at needlez_420@hotmail.com, or on xfire, screen name: szloki

wunderbear
May 5, 2005, 7:08 pm
THe explosion is excelent. I love it.

I didn't know there was a flamethrower. But i do agree that a seperate gif should be made fo it. Could you program it in yourself?

Other than that, AMAZING. DOn't stop now. You're doing great.

Deleted User
May 5, 2005, 7:40 pm
When U release this >>?<< It looks great.

Deleted User
May 6, 2005, 4:02 am
quote:Originally posted by wunderbearTHe explosion is excelent. I love it.

I didn't know there was a flamethrower....Could you program it in yourself?

hahaha....you were kidding about not knowing that there was a flamethrower right!??! secondly no he cant program it into the game because he doesnt have the Soldat source code. the only person that has that is MM, the Soldat God. the only way for Mike to program it is if he hacked into the game

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 6, 2005, 11:13 pm
...which i would never attempt. The mod is getting closer and closer, but the guns that i dont have done are the ones that im stuck on. I want them to look good for the beta!

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 12:21 am
hurryhurryhurry!

we're lookin' forward to it:)

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 10:29 am
Mike u pwn^^ gogogo mike :D

Deleted User
May 7, 2005, 8:49 pm
Wow...

Thats a hawt mod! I can't wait to try that out, just dont rush on it though. I may want it now but rushing may make the mod crappy...

Sam
May 8, 2005, 6:15 pm
I'd be more than happy to test (haha) sambigos(at)hotmail(dot)com

wunderbear
May 10, 2005, 9:05 pm
ohhhh, that flamethrower. Yeah, that's [IMAGE]ed. You should be able to use that COOL explosion. Darn.

Deleted User
May 11, 2005, 3:19 am
This looks realy neat, whats our estimated time of finishing it?

Elemental
May 11, 2005, 3:48 am
He hasnt been telling us :(
You should post up on your progress, and update the topic name (4/20) :D

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 11, 2005, 12:21 pm
I have to go to school now, but when i get back ill update you on whats going on. :)

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 9:40 pm
wow, it takes you a whole day to go to school? :p

[/humor]

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 8:16 am
lol , I like your mode very much/

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 16, 2005, 2:44 am
Sorry for such a long wait on an update(25days). I've been kinda busy with some stuff. Only 4 ingame guns left till the beta will be done so be looking out for it. It's still gonna be an open beta. I decided not to do that reload and gun rate thing because it looked too cluttered. I havnt decided whether or not to use the firey explosion, the smokey, or a mix. I might just release all of them. Till later, cya.

Elemental
May 16, 2005, 3:08 am
Yay! Update!!
Ok, well everything looks really well done..glad you took the time, but I only have on lil comment..
The ruger seems to look so old-fashioned, and doesn't fit in with the other weapons..I dont know how you could fix it...but, I just wanted to point that out :/
And I like the minigun a lot :P

Deleted User
May 16, 2005, 10:36 am
the old-fashioned ruger looks really cool. in addition, everything looks really cool. really cool. really cool. really cool.

Elemental
May 16, 2005, 11:37 am
It does look cool, but everything else isnt old-fashioned..ex: Barret

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 17, 2005, 3:58 am
I'm not planning on changing anything with the gfx until some beta testing. I am also working on another mod which i might call Snafu (if you dont know what that means, look it up). I cant help but show everyone a preview of what im doing. When ppl say they like somthing it gets me working on it more and it gets done faster. Heres the interface, which is all i have finished.:
[IMAGE]
I used a few of the same weapons from TRK. The m79 is replaced with an M4 M203, which is a grenade launcher on an M4. I might replace the socom with a non silenced weapon since silenced are kinda dumb in soldat. I love this mod because the weapons match. This is probably the best mod I've made.(or started)

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 4:21 pm
Wow, I'm compressed. Good work

Elemental
May 17, 2005, 8:45 pm
Is that the current state of the mod ^? Looks a lot darker!
Btw, field Marshal, that sig is so cool :P Keep changin em :D

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 17, 2005, 9:30 pm
No, thats a different mod. :P

Elemental
May 17, 2005, 10:49 pm
Ah, looks like the same weapons, heh

Deleted User
May 17, 2005, 11:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elemental
Btw, field Marshal, that sig is so cool :P Keep changin em :D

Thanks, Glad you like it [IMAGE]

(Not trying to spam [IMAGE])

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 18, 2005, 3:06 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI'm not planning on changing anything with the gfx until some beta testing. I am also working on another mod which i might call Snafu (if you dont know what that means, look it up). I cant help but show everyone a preview of what im doing. When ppl say they like somthing it gets me working on it more and it gets done faster. Heres the interface, which is all i have finished.:
[IMAGE]
I used a few of the same weapons from TRK. The m79 is replaced with an M4 M203, which is a grenade launcher on an M4. I might replace the socom with a non silenced weapon since silenced are kinda dumb in soldat. I love this mod because the weapons match. This is probably the best mod I've made.(or started)

I said i used a few weapons from the TRK mod :P The Snafu mod wont be out for a while seeing as im starting to work a lot more hours and I'll be more busy.

reckon
May 19, 2005, 5:38 am
But did you have to use the same body for the minigun as the chainsaw?

i am ahab
May 19, 2005, 12:01 pm
a wee lil ty for the time and effort you've put into making something so beautiful

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 19, 2005, 3:23 pm
I just used the same handle or w/e. If you dont like it in the beta just tell me and if a few ppl agree ill do something about it

Marine
May 19, 2005, 11:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI'm not planning on changing anything with the gfx until some beta testing. I am also working on another mod which i might call Snafu (if you dont know what that means, look it up). I cant help but show everyone a preview of what im doing. When ppl say they like somthing it gets me working on it more and it gets done faster. Heres the interface, which is all i have finished.:
[IMAGE]

Oh my....God.

I think I have to change my pants.

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 11:17 pm
I want the AK and the SOCOM :p

Deleted User
May 19, 2005, 11:29 pm
teh nice!!! :D

Rhombus
May 20, 2005, 7:17 am
i like it.... but nothing more than that sorry.

Deleted User
May 20, 2005, 6:26 pm
sweet...10/10

Marine
May 21, 2005, 3:03 am
From looking at that interface, it looks like one of the best MODs ever made.

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 12:18 pm
w00t !!! Awesome! I need both your mods ! >.<
X_x

EspaceeMegadeth
May 21, 2005, 12:20 pm
I liked the barret one but why is he fire all looks like smoke???

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 22, 2005, 7:35 am
quote:Originally posted by MarineFrom looking at that interface, it looks like one of the best MODs ever made.

If i could just get the time to finish it, lol.

Marine
May 22, 2005, 10:35 pm
Make time, or I will eat your soul.

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 11:13 pm
I want that mp5 from the TRK mod :P

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 3:04 am
Mike is outta school so he should be getting the mod up to date

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 29, 2005, 4:19 am
shut yo mouth!

SPARTAN_III
May 29, 2005, 1:42 pm
WANT WANT WANT!!!

seriously man, please finish this mod!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 29, 2005, 4:02 pm
It's just so hard to do what i do and work on a mod. I forget that im even working on it.

Marine
May 31, 2005, 3:38 am
Aahh, are you going to finish both of them?

Elemental
May 31, 2005, 3:53 am
I know how hard it is to finish one project, because you get ideas for another one, and keep startin new ones..this happens to me on flash movies..but please, persist in this one :P

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 31, 2005, 5:03 am
quote:Originally posted by ElementalI know how hard it is to finish one project, because you get ideas for another one, and keep startin new ones..this happens to me on flash movies..but please, persist in this one :P

Yeah, thats a good idea. Ill finish TRK this week I think.