( search forums )
No Points For Killing Rambo On A Game Point
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Vijchtidoodah
April 14, 2005, 2:50 am
I just hate winning or losing at rambo when the person who wins didn't even have the bow at the time. I think that getting points for killing rambo is a good idea, but not when it will determine the outcome of the game.

UltraMagnus
April 14, 2005, 3:55 pm
bad idea, IMO

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 5:15 pm
don't like the idea. if you loose points for killing others then the rambo, then you should gain points for killing the rambo.

Vijchtidoodah
April 14, 2005, 11:00 pm
Ender, you don't lose points for killing other people.

Ultra, please give some reasoning instead of a blind statement.

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 12:04 am
yes you lose points for killing other people

Vijchtidoodah
April 15, 2005, 12:40 am
I just tested it out...I can't believe I've never noticed that before...

Gen0cide
April 15, 2005, 2:48 am
Wow..a year and a half of soldat,at least a hundred rambo matches,yet I haven't noticed that either.Crazy.Well,maybe thats why me and my friend get so low when we newb patrol on rambo servers..killing the people that kill others.We are vigilanties :D

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 3:15 am
Hardly anyone realizes it. The only reason I found out was that I played nothing but Rambo for a month and I kept wondering why some of my opponents scores kept going way down. You'd think it'd be mentioned in the Manual or something..

On Topic-I don't much like this idea. While it is irritating sometimes to see someone win a match just because they killed Rambo, they earned that kill. So they deserve their point. Just because it's at the end of a match shouldn't change the way the point system works.

LazehBoi
April 15, 2005, 3:17 am
You only lose a kill when someone has the bow. Just thought i'd mention that.

Or maybe most people knew that already. Anyway. I don't like this idea. 1 point doesn't make much of a difference compared to what you can get when you are TEH rambo anyway. :D~

Vijchtidoodah
April 15, 2005, 3:24 am
I'm just saying that it's lame to win when you don't even have the bow...but I guess I'm the only one who sees it that way. :'(

zyxstand
April 15, 2005, 3:35 am
OO lazehBoi. i was gonna call everyone a noob for not knowing that you loose points for non-rambo kills. little did i know that you only loose points for killing non-rambos if someon has the bow. ingenious! thnx, now imma play with better strategy.

back to topic:
BAD IDEA i think - you're saying you should get points for killing rambo as long as it's not the final point??? unreasonable imo. either you get poitns for killing him or you don't; tats the hardest think about making games: rule-making would be so much easier if you wouldn't have to take realisticasity (lol) and reasonality into consideration - that's like making up some crazy game with totally random rules. you just can't say "but not for last point"

i like it the way it is...i think we should focus on the bigger issues and new ideas rather than minor changes (some changes have to be done, of course, but not if they're too little)

Captain Ben
April 15, 2005, 6:09 am
Unless you have a barret, it takes a fair bit of skill to kill a rambow guy...