( search forums )
Strict Censoring
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Vijchtidoodah
April 14, 2005, 8:25 am
Just wondering, why is the word "Bas*ard" censored? While it used to be a terrible thing to call someone way back in the middle ages, it's really not that bad of a thing to say nowadays (at least in America): it's along the same lines as "stupid" or "bumface."

(* by DNA.styx)

Deleted User
April 14, 2005, 8:33 am
I seem to see it just fine there buddy.

Meandor
April 14, 2005, 2:27 pm
He got around the word censor.
BAN BAN BAN :D

EndertheXenocide
April 14, 2005, 9:05 pm
Try to keep it on a lower rating level for language. I can see how some of the other words are censored. But maybe bast*ard should be uncensored. Not like we use those words that often anyways.

Alamo
April 14, 2005, 9:28 pm
... who cares? just don't use it. we guys should be nice to each other anyway...

peemonkey
April 14, 2005, 10:01 pm
EDIT: we need racial slurs censored, and im suprised cocksucker isnt censored

UltraMagnus
April 15, 2005, 7:15 pm
i dont see why ba$stard is sensored... seeing as it kinda has a real meaning that cant be conveyed by any other single word i can think of...

but yes, we do need racist stuff censored.... i cant stand racists

Hitman
April 15, 2005, 7:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by UltraMagnusi dont see why ba$stard is sensored... seeing as it kinda has a real meaning that cant be conveyed by any other single word i can think of...
How about, 'mistake'?

BManx2000
April 15, 2005, 8:02 pm
Or "illegitimate child" :P Actually, it would be funny if it replaced "bast*ard" with "illegitimate child" :D

The Geologist
April 15, 2005, 8:15 pm
lol, I agree. I actually had a similar idea.

Instead of marking up the forums with a bunch of bright red censored eyesores, why not replace words like bast*rd with illegitimate child? Sh*t gets turned into...uh..dookie, poop, anything. f**k could be waffles for all I care. It'd be like mad libs for swear words.

Hitman
April 15, 2005, 8:27 pm
Yeah, like the SomethingAwful Forums.

Vijchtidoodah
April 15, 2005, 10:50 pm
That would be too cool...

Michal
April 16, 2005, 12:18 am
I don't find it too odd that ba$tard is censored considering [IMAGE] (short form of Richard) is. I know 2 people named D1ck, what if someone with that name signs up on the forums and tries to put their name in the profile :-?

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 2:11 am
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000Or "illegitimate child" :P Actually, it would be funny if it replaced "bast*ard" with "illegitimate child" :D

OH MY GOD!! THEY KILLED KENNY! YOU ILLEGITEMATE CHILDS!!!
seriousley, there might be some wierdness in what is cencored and what is not...