( search forums )
Competetion mode?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zakreon
April 15, 2005, 12:58 am
What if there was a mode where instead of fighting to the death,
you fight for glory?
Like a mode where people can join dif types of competetion mode for
different weopens? like for barret competetion u gotta shoot far away targets and flying discs.
Something like that to prove your the best with that weapon
i think it would be fun

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 9:02 pm
I dont' like the idea. Not sure if something like this was posted before. But sounds like someone had posted something similar to this before. I just don't like the idea. Competitions are fun, but not that kind of competitions. (it reminds me of punt and pass when i was in grade school)

Vanana
April 15, 2005, 9:19 pm
cool idea but never gonna be added =/

Leo Da Lunerfox
April 16, 2005, 12:12 am
Why shoot at a flying disc when I could shoot at a flying guy?

dv297
April 16, 2005, 1:31 am
lol leo... a disc makes a cool crashing sound when shot at, at guy only makes an "unggh" sound...

Like an olympics? We could have racing, long range disc shooting, m79 pole jump,the fun sport of angled laws, head shot relay and of course, prone ski-ing.

It would be so cool! but we could just make a map and have a bunch of people cooporate.

Elemental
April 16, 2005, 1:54 am
or..not cooperate..Itd be hard to organize this :/

Gen0cide
April 16, 2005, 2:54 am
Just make a map like that,and get a bunch of friends,and someone to play as the referee.

Captain Ben
April 16, 2005, 3:03 am
There are already hundreds of maps like this... CTF maps, because usually all players join red and do the course, while blue gets stuck in a box.

SPARTAN_III
April 16, 2005, 5:40 pm
how bout the almighty sport of LAGGING. all have miniguns and after 1 minit the highest ping loses

the race-shoot: 2 barrets are dropped behind 2 soldats. a soldat must run, collect his barret, and shoot the other guy, while protecting his own skin.

the OMFG WTF match: many ppl with barrets fire at the same time at one immobile soldat. whoever scores kill wins

i could make a simple map, like in UT2k4: CTF 1on1 Joust. players spawn inside the enemy base, grab their flag, rush at each other, kill their enemy, and you have to return the flag he dropped (your) run back to where your flag is (his base) and score, before he grabs it again

how bout javelins? whoever throws their knife furthest wins?

zyxstand
April 16, 2005, 6:49 pm
hmm, i guess we're all getting offtopic - which i think is good. more mini game-modes:
two people with ruger in realistic mode are facing the opposite way at about half-screen distance away. then when something suddenly says "GO" really big on the screen, they have to turn around and try to hit the other guy as fast as posisble. and since it's reaslistic, you won't really see the other guy until you turn around. and when you turn around before it says "go", you loose! kidna like in the old western times...

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 6:51 pm
lets not do this

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 6:15 pm
agreed.. I think its a solid 99,9% chanse this will never be added...