( search forums )
CTF_Space Voyage
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
jammang
April 15, 2005, 1:51 am
Different?
[IMAGE]

It's a big map, hope everyone likes it. Sorry about not having any Waypoints, I hope it finds its way onto an internet server quickly because the map's main purpose is massive multiplayer. Take at look at it.

Download;
[URL]

The link bellow contains a good description of the map and the thoughts behind it.
[URL]

Elemental
April 15, 2005, 2:29 am
what da..is that the map overview? the bottom one? if so, wow, it IS big, and looks really cool :D
Seems as though a lot of falling will take place
Also, the polygons look very nicely curved :D

BManx2000
April 15, 2005, 2:39 am
The overwiew of it reminds me of subspace :P

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 3:19 am
The map looks awesome! The game style also seems very intriguing. Very good job.

Hitman
April 15, 2005, 3:50 am
HOLY [IMAGE]!

/me is tempted to download Soldat again just for this map..

Milkman Dan
April 15, 2005, 3:54 am
that... looks.... amazing :OOO

dont ever leave me :(

n00bface
April 15, 2005, 3:54 am
Wow this is one of the coolest looking maps I have ever seen. Please keep making maps.

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 4:27 am
omg...just...omg
Im gonna move to vegas...illegally marry this map...then take it home and play on it forever (on soldat...lol)

Cookie`
April 15, 2005, 4:29 am
This map looks nice :D and like it will have very interesting game play! someone host it on their server now :P

MercyM
April 15, 2005, 4:59 am
Holy cow! This map looks awesome! The textures remind me of Red Faction...

jammang
April 15, 2005, 3:15 pm
Wow thanks for all that feed back people, I too really hopes this map can find its way onto a server really quickly because doing the waypoints is just so hard on this map. I never thought once about the bots playing on this map, I'm 100% into multiplayer, so sorry for anyone who wants to play by themselves but I would be happy if someone more eperienced than me was able to do the waypoints for me.

Mini Man
April 15, 2005, 3:46 pm
:/ looks wierd, doesnt look like much capping would happen, But Hey! Looks cool when my clan get our 100mb server then we'll try it!

Boxo
April 15, 2005, 3:53 pm
Beautiful, just beautiful!

Wow, that's huge. Interesting layout, awesome graphics.

gj

EDIT: Anyone else having problems downloading?
EDIEDIT: Downloading SMC Uploads never worked for me anyway... Can someone upload this somewhere else, like SoldatPage Maps?

Felix
April 15, 2005, 4:05 pm
holy cat

very nice, BUT, it's reaaaaly too big for a ctf!

i played on it with some friend, it's boring.. :/

Skate4Razors
April 15, 2005, 8:27 pm
Great looking texture, and the overall map. I doubt the gameplay will be fun though, since the tunnels are small. People will just be annoyed with it. The looks of it are amazing though. ;D

UltraMagnus
April 15, 2005, 9:36 pm
WHOLY MOTHER OF CRAP!

thats sooooooo cooool!!

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 9:40 pm
That map kicks ass. I love it. I really hope I can get others to play it publicly though. It is very hard to get maps like these publicly on servers. But this would be a great map to play on.

EDIT: I love your screen shot, nice blow-up views on things.

UltraMagnus
April 15, 2005, 9:52 pm
i just unzipped it and everything and have got white blocks of doom where some of the scenerys are supposed to be

zoldat
April 15, 2005, 10:02 pm
waypointed????

Felix
April 15, 2005, 10:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by zoldatwaypointed????

quote:It's a big map, hope everyone likes it. Sorry about not having any Waypoints, I hope it finds it way onto an internet server quickly, take at look at it.

read befor :)

zoldat
April 15, 2005, 10:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Felixquote:Originally posted by zoldatwaypointed????

quote:It's a big map, hope everyone likes it. Sorry about not having any Waypoints, I hope it finds it way onto an internet server quickly, take at look at it.

read befor :)

oh im sorry i did but must have mist it sorry :)

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 11:12 pm
So do you think people will actually play this publicly after time?

The Geologist
April 16, 2005, 1:55 am
If you're interested in seeing this map waypointed, send me a PM. Because of classes and whatnot I havn't been mapping as much, but waypointing goes pretty quick.

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 2:08 am
it looks very good.. but who will use the tunnels all the way on the top, when they can run srtaight forward aswell?
anyway its a great map, but mabe too much tunnels and stuff. u hear ppl watch it say its good, and those played it, complain a little.. so focus a bit more on playability.. ur a skilled map maker.. :D

Famine
April 16, 2005, 3:02 am
DAN! I loved yoU!

jammang
April 16, 2005, 6:18 am
Sorry about not sending all of the scenery, I've added them now if anyone wants to see the map in better quality.

It was only some other star images, if the problem is still there it would be helpful if anyone could tell me the specific name of the image that I need to add.