( search forums )
noob weapon or not?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Dodger
April 15, 2005, 4:57 pm
hey! ive wondered a pretty long time if spas actually is a noob weapon...well ive met many guys who say it isnt cause its hard to use...and other guys say it is cause it dont need a full reload and is frickin easy to hit with... well i think it is a noob weapon...

what do u guys think?

Gangsterlance
April 15, 2005, 5:19 pm
Lets check this

SPAS-12:

Fire mode: spread
Reload mode/time: Short/single shots [***] (lame if used wrong)
Fire Rate: one spread shot/sec. [*] (slow)
Damage to kill (head/body/legs): 2/2/2 [***]
Range: [*] (very short)
Bink: Little bit [***]

Rating: 11/25 - Non-lame to me
-------------------------------------------------------
But look at ruger:

Fire mode: Semi-Auto
Reload Mode/time: Clip/1.25 sec [*****] (very short, only socom is faster)
Fire Rate: 2 shots/sec [*****]
Damage to kill (head/body/leg): 2/2/2 [****] (one shot-one-kill weapons are stronger)
Range: high [****] (only barret got more, I think ;) )
Bink: Almost unaffected [****]

Rating: 22/25 - Lame!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Just my intention, correct me if im wrong with the datas.
I think its already a thread existing for such weapon datas.

STEELIX
April 15, 2005, 5:24 pm
Damage to kill ain't 1 with headshots with spas.

I disagree on spas beeing lame too, though.

Gangsterlance
April 15, 2005, 5:27 pm
Really? I mean if all bullets hit the head (you got to be very close to the enemy), it would be 1.

//edit: changed from 1 to 2.

hock3y
April 15, 2005, 5:38 pm
No, it's still barely two shots even you hit all in the head (really hard to do anyway). It's an awesome weapon for killing people that are already injured a little bit

The Geologist
April 15, 2005, 7:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gangsterlance

Yeah...you give these things ratings based on your own opinion and show no reason for why a difference of one round/second gets one star as opposed to five. I love these biased little studies...so cute..

Gangsterlance
April 15, 2005, 7:12 pm
Its just my intention...I rated it how lame it is, not the strength or something

BManx2000
April 15, 2005, 8:06 pm
I would say the Spas is the hardest weapon to use effectively (other than the minigun) because the bullets go so slow and they spread out, so it's hard to do a lot of damage at long range. The only thing it has going for it is the ability to fire in mid-reload.

paramud
April 15, 2005, 8:11 pm
there is no such thing as a n00b weapon, its all a conspericie.

Deleted User
April 15, 2005, 9:16 pm
spas isnt a noob weapon, because it is one of the most difficult to use. Usually noob weapons to people are just those that alot of people can use effectively (ak74, deagle, minime, barret), although I personally dont think any of those are lame and i usually dont care either since I use every weapon.

Gangsterlance, your post was pretty dumb and biased like geologist said, ruger is not lame because it has low accuracy, and bink effects ruger as much as it effects barret and m79. Any auto can beat ruger 1v1 if tested with same skill players except mp5.

EndertheXenocide
April 15, 2005, 9:38 pm
Nope, Spas is not noob. It is a very close range weapon. you can easily kill someone from a long range if they have a spas. To be very good with Spas takes skill. I give credit to those that use the Spas all the time and don't whore with it, by hiding until an enemy comes near enough to you that you can kill your target easily.

Denacke
April 15, 2005, 11:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by GangsterlanceLets check this

But look at ruger:

Fire mode: Semi-Auto
Reload Mode/time: Clip/1.25 sec [*****] (very short, only socom is faster)
Fire Rate: 2 shots/sec [*****]
Damage to kill (head/body/leg): 2/2/2 [****] (one shot-one-kill weapons are stronger)
Range: high [****] (only barret got more, I think ;) )
Bink: Almost unaffected [****]

Rating: 22/25 - Lame!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Some remarks on your ruger analysation:

- Shots to kill: This depends on the length the bullet has to travel to hit its target. Especially on ruger this makes the difference between having to hit three times, or two times.

- Effection by bink: I believe ruger is actually one of the weapons that is most affected by bink as it depends a lot on the hits of its shots.

To the topic:

I don't see spas as lame neither a noob weapon. It is a weapon that certainly requires skill if you want to do something with it.

wormdundee
April 16, 2005, 12:12 am
o man,have you ever actually used a ruger man?

ive been using it pretty much straight for 3 years

anyways, the points you make seem to make the ruger look very easy to use and lame, however, you miss some very big disadvantages of a ruger

first off, its probably about 50/50 on whether it takes 2 shots, or 3 shots to kill
and then youve got the smallest clip in the game (besides m79 and i would say barrett because of its long "recharge" time) with only 4 bullets where 50% of the time you need to hit 3/4 of those bullets to kill someone, pretty much if you miss 1 bullet, your [IMAGE]ed especially against autos

and...almost unaffected by bink...yeh okay, its the complete opposite of what you said
in a medium-close range battle with an auto-user with decent aim, the rugerer will die, of course its not a guaranteed death, but with a ruger user whos not pretty damn good, it might as well be

plus the fact that a lameness rating system is bull[IMAGE] before its even started, theres no way you'll be able to come an unbiased, unopiniated result simply because of the fact that lameness, by definition is an opinion

AerialAssault
April 16, 2005, 1:50 am
Stupid fools, theres no such thing as a noob weapon. in the history of soldat there has only been one noob weapon. it was the barrett, from the first version until 1.2. now in 1.2.1 everything is perfectly balanced, theres no such thing as a n00b weapon, everything is even and theres a good situation for every weapon.

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 1:55 am
I must say I find the ruger lame.. if you are somewhat damaged, the ruger ends you with like 1 shot.. I have seen som pretty good spas players tough
welll... the only wpns I hate are ruger & barret.. not barret so much cuz ppl dont tend to hit me so much with it, and making them easy prey.

The Geologist
April 16, 2005, 1:59 am
So you're mad that someone with a ruger can actually shoot you back?

SPARTAN_III
April 16, 2005, 6:14 pm
i agree, geologist. how can u be mad at a guy who can kill u? 2while i think the ruger is slightly too powerful, it is not lame or n00b. i can kill a n00b rugerist with an MP5, which i almost never use.

wormdundee
April 16, 2005, 9:22 pm
yes, i can kill an injured person with one shot

and someone using a minimi can kill you with 1-2 shots depending on how damaged how you are
and the minimi has a much larger clip and fires faster

i repeat what i said earlier
if your using a ruger against any machine gun in close range, you are dead

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 9:54 pm
this sounds like a weapon balancing thread or something to me.
anyway i have been using the spas for a long time and it is easy if someone is damaged. the thing that make it hard to use is the accuracy becuase it depends on the distance your target you trying to hit is. i think it is an all around weapon because it balanced your skills and it takes a while to master it. some noobs just use it to kill somebosy that is damaged

LazehBoi
April 17, 2005, 1:59 am
Do YOU think it's lame? I don't think you should make your own opinion on a weapon that is based on the ones of others.

Kyklis
April 17, 2005, 6:06 am
Im sick and tired of people calling weapons n00b weapons or cheap. Beret gets this bad. Ill admit it, I use beret more than any other weapon. If not beret, ruger or FN Mini. Why do I like beret? Because I like to keep most of my health intact. Ill do a quick little thing, my opinion, may not really be accurate. Anyways
Beret Pros
- One hit kill ( Unless it goes through someone first )
- Long Range
- Zoom Capability
Beret Cons
- Slow reload
- High Bink ( Im not COMPLETELY sure, but thats where if you got shot at your aim is terrible and your shots go WAY off target )
In recap, in a firefight, if you miss your first shot with a beret, you either have to be a) Really good at dodging bullets for those precious few seconds before beret is reloaded or b) Really good with a knife, maybe a LAW. Because by that point, your gonna have to take him down right away.
Beret is not cheap or a n00b weapon. You need to aim, and good players will be able to dodge a noob beret shot and make short work of him. Thats my opignion. As for SPAS? No way in HELL is that a noob weapon. You have to get real close, and good players will cut you down before that.

hypno
April 17, 2005, 10:34 am
no gun is a n00b gun its just how you use it,
but i favor the desert eagles

Gangsterlance
April 17, 2005, 12:40 pm
LoL, my post makes heavy discussions here. :D

I think Ruger is lame, as i just said it the third time - its based on my own opinion.
Bink...is not really much at ruger, it looks like a short "flash" of bink.

i rated spas as non-lame weapon because of its short range and gave the reload time/mode 3, because some players do with it "unlimited ammo"-style - shoot-reload-shoot-reload...

Ruger...there are two things I dont like at it:
Say what you want, but Ruger is far too strong and too fast reloaded.
But it also depends on your own fighting style, if its lame or not

Barret? Lame? A question of use.
Good barretards stay alive after they missed someone, camping is at 1.2.1 not really lame anymore, Thanks to the bink effect.

Thats it from myself. ^^

Aquarius
April 17, 2005, 1:48 pm
I think this topic is lame.

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 2:34 pm
not lamer that ruger.. :D

Darkodin
April 17, 2005, 3:21 pm
Definition of a lame weapon - The weapon your opponent uses to kill you.

Someone camping with barret doesn't get any abuse unless they actually kill someone. Kill someone with M79 and your a M79 noob. The only reason I don't like barret and M79 is the fact it takes 1 shot to kill. So not really a fire fight. Which I like. Ruger is one of my favourite weapons. Call it lame if you will. But you would use it if it was one of your best guns.

STEELIX
April 17, 2005, 3:56 pm
I hate bink though. Everyone says spas is soooo great at close combat, but against an auto user, spas is almost useless.

Sam
April 17, 2005, 4:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by hypnono gun is a n00b gun its just how you use it,

I agree totally, use use barret quite often, miss a few times, but usually hit. I think barret is only a bad weapon when used by a camper. Sure, if i see someone coming i might go prone to increase aim but that isnt camping.

Back to the thread, SPAS is not lame, it is hard to use, crap at long range, but other than that it is a good weapon.

Darkodin
April 17, 2005, 9:02 pm
Well, the SPAS does have it's advantages. The bullets drop at a higher rate than other bullets. So it's useful to hit people when there, down a hole for example.

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 9:39 pm
Yeah, that's what I like bout the spas is ya can hit people over obstacles while you stay in cover.

I don't really think Soldat has any n00b weapons. Each one has its goods and bads and each one is good for its own specific occasions.

Limenweimatthew
April 30, 2005, 5:40 am
SPAS is really deadly if you use it on realistic mode.

b00stA
April 30, 2005, 12:03 pm
mmmh, pointless topics..

Locked.