( search forums )
"soft" colliders
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Improvements / Suggestions
BManx2000
April 15, 2005, 7:58 pm
I think it would be a good idea if there was a new type of collider, a "soft" collider. What I mean is this: If a bullet hits the soft collider, it does not stop, but gets slowed down. This could be useful for making things like wooden walls and sandbags that only protect partially. Right now, if you make a sandbag or pile of boxes or what have you, it either has to do nothing or stop the bullet like it's made of armor plate. Possibly there could be a setting for how much the collider would slow bullets down, or at least different types.

paramud
April 15, 2005, 8:01 pm
awesome idea... just... awesome...

peemonkey
April 15, 2005, 8:10 pm
indeedles.
100% ag-ree

Michal
April 16, 2005, 12:20 am
That's a good idea.

STEELIX
April 16, 2005, 9:18 pm
Verily good! And that's from someone rarely seeing an idea as good enough!

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 10:23 pm
that would be a great improvement to map maker. it sometimes doesnt make sense when a bullet hit a sandbag and stops like it hit a titanium wall.

hypno
April 17, 2005, 10:03 am
cool idea man
coz i hate the way everything is a steel wall

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 3:04 pm
hmm i am not sure... i think that have to add to soldat... before that u can't add some more options to the mapmakers...

hmm we'll see, and hope it will be added..
and what a tree block every bullet? ;)

MercyM
April 17, 2005, 4:03 pm
Hmm... This would be awesome with realistic. :D

chakapoko maker
April 17, 2005, 4:44 pm
thin poly with 'Only bullet collide' can do like this by the effect of ricochet. it'd be good if it's nicely added.

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 6:27 pm
Yea...hmm..but just slow down? if u could make colliders in same funktion as the character it self!

i mean if u in some way made the colliders with..Hitpoints? that would make it more realistic!

when someone has given 100 damage to the collider it would break and maybe as in game 'respawn' after a few seconds..like 10 ?

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 8:48 pm
wow.. nice thought... a kind of a shield...
maybe the colliders aren't circle maybe u have other forms too...

long ones for example...

but we are drifting form the topic

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 9:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by sit-angerYea...hmm..but just slow down? if u could make colliders in same funktion as the character it self!

i mean if u in some way made the colliders with..Hitpoints? that would make it more realistic!

when someone has given 100 damage to the collider it would break and maybe as in game 'respawn' after a few seconds..like 10 ?

quote:Originally posted by silentparkwow.. nice thought... a kind of a shield...
maybe the colliders aren't circle maybe u have other forms too...

long ones for example...

but we are drifting form the topic

Naaahhh..are we?

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 1:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by MercyMHmm... This would be awesome with realistic. :D

I agree with idea at 100%
I agree with MerciM at 105% :P