( search forums )
Holding two weapon of the same kind.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Bug
April 16, 2005, 12:16 am
All right. Not sure if there is a same kind of topic, but no way I'm going to try to search it from 500+ topic list..
So, I bet many people have noticed, that when you hold two weapon of the same kind (Barret M82A1 for example), you will lose the second Barret, when you happen to throw one barret on the ground.

Here is an example:

Other barret in the back, and other in your hands. You decide to pick up M79 from the ground, so you'd have both barret and m79, then you drop the second barret, and pick up the m79 and you think you have both of them, barret in your back, and m79 in hands, but then you notice that you don't have your barret in your back, so you must pick up the barret left on ground. The other barret disappears. I hope you people understood, what I'm trying to say. It's difficult to explain with my bad english. :/

mar77a
April 16, 2005, 1:14 pm
First of all, you don't search manually, there's a "Forum Search" link at the top.

And about hte bug, yeah...doesn't happend with knife for example...weird, i guess it's on purpose...

caliber
April 16, 2005, 2:33 pm
Yes that happens to me also,and I think it is a bug.

What you're trying to say is:

When you have a Barret as your secondary (on your back) and a Barret in your hands, and you want to pick up a different primary weapon so you drop the barret in your hands, but the second barret also drops automatically.

Am I right?

b00stA
April 16, 2005, 3:03 pm
This is a rather old known bug.
Drop weapon x2

Bug
April 18, 2005, 9:04 pm
caliber, that's exactly what I'm trying to say :) It's good to have persons that can explain things better than I ;)
Mar77a, I do not get the idea.. What's the point in making that kind of thing on purpose? :)
Well, I do not know about that, so I cannot disagree with that. But anyways this thing is annoying.
And for the end for b00sta, sorry, but I'm kind of new with this forum, and bad at searching things from this forum. At least, I just wanted to report a bug(?), and if this topic is useless, delete it if you need to. :)

Unlucky 13
April 19, 2005, 11:52 am
Mattering how the weapons are IDed, maybe the bug could be fixed if a secondarily held weapon could have a different ID than a primarily held weapon?

EndertheXenocide
April 19, 2005, 9:02 pm
I never really noticed this bug until just last night. It is an annoying bug, but just try not to pick up two of the same weapon. But if this bug works if you hold two of the same weapon. How come when you throw a knife and you have another one. You don't throw both knives? But just wait till the next version. Should be fixed hopefully.