( search forums )
HALF-LIFE 2 MOD!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
sjl21488
April 16, 2005, 12:28 am
Iv made a HL2 mod with real sounds from hl2 etc etc... the hud is not mine, and is not included in the mod.

Weapon changes.

Dual-Desert eagles----Dual .357
HK-Mp5----Sub Machinegun
Ak-74----Overwatch Pulse Rifle
Steyraug----MP-5k
Spas-12----Spas-12 (only beefy-er)
Ruger----Annabell(Monk shot gun)
M79 Grenade launcher----OICW (grenade)
Sniper Rifle----Crossbow
FN Minime----OICW
XM214 Minigun----Heavy Machine gun
US Socom----USP Match
M72 LAW----RPG
ChainSaw----Stun Baton (stun stick)
Knife----Crowbar

NOTE:Some of the weapons from the HL2 *BETA* have been added to the list. so you know these guns are:
OICW(also with grenade)
Heavy Machinegun
MP-5k

Pic:http://img177.echo.cx/my.php?image=screenshot35uj.png

Download: http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/?act=view&file=SGwybW9kLnppcA==

If you play the mod please let me know what u think ^.^

m00`
April 16, 2005, 12:32 am
wow wtf hax http://m00.u13.net SAVES THE DAY ONCE AGAIN LIEK OMGZ THE BEST, WE ENSURE 99% GREAT SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sjl21488
April 16, 2005, 12:34 am
umm yea i guess. thanks. now test my mod mr beta tester :p LAWL!

mar77a
April 16, 2005, 1:20 am
Mmm, i think that is my HL interface...i think...

Edit: no it's not, but would be fit good... :(

sjl21488
April 16, 2005, 2:11 am
meh i couldnt get any other interfaces towork :(sry

MikeShinoda.pheonix
April 16, 2005, 2:33 am
your pic doesnt even have the interface for the minigun. it looks alright though. (stun baton, lol)

The Geologist
April 16, 2005, 2:38 am
Your guns need more definition, and the barret (crossbow) looks ugly man. :/ The "stun baton" reminds me of one of those plastic robot claws, you squeeze the handle and it picks stuff up.

peemonkey
April 16, 2005, 4:01 am
they all look kinda ugly and arent distinguishable from the backghround.
your .357's dont look the least bitl ike .357's :/

MercyM
April 16, 2005, 9:17 am
It looks UGLY.

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 12:00 pm
To be honest, I've seen better things on the inside wall of my toilet.

Rather than just insult your work, however, here is some constructive criticism:

Definition. Your work seems to blend into itself, making it seem somewhat like the chocolate highway of a fanboy's undies. Add an outline and some starker shading.

Proportion. Your weapons just seem.. off? Try and maintain a sense of regularity in your weapons. I just hate looking at some huge clunker and then seeing this 5 pixel knife.

Your interface, or whoevers, needs work. It really needs to go, or it needs improving. Align the bars, icons, and change them a bit more. Its just.. ugh.

I don't know what that sixth gun is, but I don't see more than two colors on it. It REALLY needs some work. See above.

And finally.. some of it just seems to be edited original Soldat files. Don't do that.

sjl21488
April 16, 2005, 6:00 pm
Ill workon the interface but its the actuall gun models in the game that look quit good. yes inter face suck.

But the sounds etc etc are nice :)

Cowzilla
April 16, 2005, 7:38 pm
Yeah, your guns seem a bit too, squat, too short. Lengthen them a bit.

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 8:51 pm
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hl2 is my fav game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the magnums l00k a bit lobsided, but other than that, its great!

Belier13
April 16, 2005, 9:00 pm
OMG THIS MOD SUCKY !

Deleted User
April 16, 2005, 10:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonix (stun baton, lol)

yea i agree with my bro here. it also looks like you just edited the some of old weapons(spas and socom). other than that the other weapons look good

April 17, 2005, 12:51 am
uhh....Put it this way. Some mods are better left hidden in the dark recesses of your computer.

Yoda Speak: bad mod leads to anger. Anger leads to flaming. Flaming leads to sending this topic to the bash pit.

But its not so bad for a first mod....just make it less blurry, define the lines

sjl21488
April 17, 2005, 1:37 am
ok thx for the feedback. Did any of you play the mod or did u just judge it from the pic? Will work on a better version.

And this isnt my first mod. any one remember fireworkwarz mod? ;)

Teh Panda
April 17, 2005, 11:04 am
Some weaps are kinda plain. But they are ok.

SPARTAN_III
April 18, 2005, 2:43 am
IMHO, this mod suxx0rz. not much shading, weapons look tard, no outlines on anything except the anabel, crossbow-dont know where it ends and where the background starts. you should not omit any guns from a screen

caliber
April 18, 2005, 8:08 pm
The mod's alright, not everything is shading. Are you guys crazy about shading of weapons? This guy tried okay? At least try to encourage not to make him feel like he sucks.

DeLou
April 19, 2005, 4:03 pm
maybe caliber is rite...think if your that guy it not must be funny try to make a mod and the other ones making you a little man be nice he tried!and your first mod was maybe too so.

Rhombus
April 19, 2005, 4:31 pm
Sorry DeLou, this mod just sucks. The first mod I made looks nice so far. I won't release it untill I am happy with it. Some ppl here should do the same.

sjl21488
April 19, 2005, 10:11 pm
hey its ok i want you guys to be honest and your right it sucks i should have put more time into it.

zambo_the_clown
April 19, 2005, 10:29 pm
a .357 ehh, how the hell can someone hold a .357 in one hand??lol not to mention 2, damn these soldiers must be fukidydo strong :) oh well its a game doesnt matter. it looks alright i guess, only weapon modification i like is the MP-K5 which should have been modified from the HK instead of the AK

caliber
April 20, 2005, 9:43 pm
uhh dude Zambo, if you've ever played Half Life 2, you do hold the Magnum with one hand when you shoot it..lmfao.

sjl21488
April 21, 2005, 3:22 am
I just dont think you should judge some ones mod by looking at a crap screen.
I mean the real fun is when your in game. the guns look better than thay do on the menu screen,and the sounds are all accurate.

For those of you who have tried it and liked it. i thank you.

caliber
April 21, 2005, 8:47 pm
slj21488, your mod is not bad at all. I mean it's a first, no one should expect something perfect at a first try. IMO, i think your mod is very good for a first. I'm a fan of HL2, and I used some of the SFX files you made. In later versions, try to make the skin for the Overwatch pulse rifle a little better. Outlining would be good, and instead of it replacing an AK-74 replace it with the Steyr Aug because it has a greater firing rate then the AK.

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 1:08 am
suggestion: make the minigun the organic grav gun and make the bullets invisible

papasurf31
April 22, 2005, 2:30 pm
^yes, awesome idea^

Make the m79 a gravity gun with a grenade.

Vulbastick
April 22, 2005, 8:59 pm
THis moid is total [IMAGE]e and all the names are wrong ffs

Marine
April 23, 2005, 3:02 am
I say decent enough, for a first mod.

I bet 75% of the negative comments came from people who didn't even download it.

sjl21488
April 23, 2005, 4:37 pm
Vulbastick you sir are a [IMAGE] tard.
All the names are correct you faggot. now go suck a [IMAGE]. >=(

I'm Red-Faction and for those of you who like my mod i thank you.
I didnt put outlines on the guns becouse the guns in HL2 dont have out lines.

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 11:22 pm
Well, this would be a bad mod to put my interface to use. Keep trying.

Deleted User
May 2, 2005, 4:18 am
sjl21488: have you considered using any other combine weapons, such as the "janitors" organic-killer-estinguisher-cleaner-hose-thingy? (you know, the guy whose head is in a jar in elis lab?) (maybe for the flamer...?)

sjl21488
May 26, 2005, 8:47 pm
those are from the BETA so i am not going to use them.

F@NTOM
May 26, 2005, 9:47 pm
where is the minigun? :P You canmake it from that Combine stationary gun. Nice mod btw.

DesFS
May 27, 2005, 2:43 am
It doesn't look the greatest. You're guns are not very well detailed and not very well drawn out. (sry, but I was just looking at Anna's Perfect Dark Mod, and that just blew me away. I was coming in here with high expectations.)

Rambo_6
May 27, 2005, 3:08 am
Poorly drawn guns, i must say. But the concept is good, although the magnum should not be doubly held. Not possible, really.

Try keeping all the guns proportionate with eachother.

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 3:13 am
Guys, did you see the date?

quote:Posted - 16 Apr 2005 : 00:28:29

Sombody ressurected an old thread again

Deleted User
May 27, 2005, 11:46 pm
this shouldnt be new. been happening lots for the last month or so. and notice that sjl has abandoned his own thread?

fine.

Deleted User
May 30, 2005, 3:46 am
Oh, and just to kick you while you're still on the ground.

The sub machinegun is an MP7.

sjl21488
May 30, 2005, 7:25 pm
-.-' wtf said i abondoned my own thread?
Im planing on updating but im working on a REAL HL2 mod. Train Hunter's Source.

www.mods.moddb.com/5123/

ohh and for the tard who tried to "KICK ME WHILE IM DOWN"
The SUB-Machine Gun is the MP7
the MP5k is fromthe HL2 beta.

Can you spell OWNED?