( search forums )
Program Question.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Skate4Razors
April 16, 2005, 1:36 am
I was wondering if there is a such program where I can access my computer at my Mother's house from my Father's house. Like at my Father's house, I could check up on my computer at my Mother's house, and use the files from there as well. Anyone know of such a program?

Vijchtidoodah
April 16, 2005, 1:40 am
Couldn't you just set up a network and then use an FTP?

Skate4Razors
April 16, 2005, 1:42 am
I'm talking about running a program from one location, and the program actually loads at another location. Something like that, It's hard to explain. I also want files too. :/

m00`
April 16, 2005, 1:50 am
I dont think its possible, but why would you need to access the computer at your mums house from your dads house? If you just want to access some files then you could just upload them onto an ftp and access that ftp from your dads house.

Skate4Razors
April 16, 2005, 2:19 am
Well, I wanted to play Soldat and run Adobe Photoshop, and other programs so I wouldn't have to download them at my Father's house. I have a really crappy computer here. I downloaded Soldat once, and this thing sucks so much that Soldat was not able to run. This whole computer would just freeze and stuff.

Hitman
April 16, 2005, 2:25 am
Yay, it's time for a little math lesson again!

[IMAGE]

+

"Access your computer from somewhere else"

=

Access Your Computer (First result)

Took me 10 seconds.

Skate4Razors
April 16, 2005, 2:29 am
Weeeeee.

Hitman
April 16, 2005, 2:37 am
Demo - Damn, didn't think it was that good (Click on 'View Demo' on the right) :O

Vijchtidoodah
April 16, 2005, 3:27 am
lol, I love google.

Gen0cide
April 16, 2005, 4:16 am
Try MYPC or whatever it's called.Supposedly it's good.Even has it's own commercial.If it's on tv,it must be good.Tv is our lord.It tells us what is good for us.

b00stA
April 16, 2005, 3:25 pm
HERE HERE!

Download TightVNC and install it on both computers (you could install it only on the server though).
Run the server at your mother's computer and set a password and change the config the way you want it.
Then you'll have to get the IP of that computer and connect to it using TightVNC.
You'll be able to see the desktop and control it using the mouse and keyboard. It works best with a neat connection.
The program is free and without any ads etc.

Skate4Razors
April 16, 2005, 3:26 pm
TV means the program costs money. And add a space before starting a new sentence. ;D

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 1:56 am
http://www.hamachi.cc/

Best, hands down, you grubby worms. I swear its like you all search some kind of backroom internet while I enjoy the petite savorings of a finer meal.

FoZ
April 17, 2005, 2:12 am
www.realvnc.com the best remote assistance app ever (free) :o~
enough said.

Cookie`
April 17, 2005, 5:44 am
Lapis Hamachi is exactly what ive been looking for, for some time xD
It is so easy to use to set up a virtual network <3

MOFO NOFO
April 17, 2005, 9:15 am
hack ur comp. it should work.