( search forums )
More Advanced Ragdoll
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Keron Cyst
April 16, 2005, 2:07 am
If you kill a soldat who was flying when he died, one jet boot should stay flying (you can come up with the rest ;-)). It'd be crazy if that leg spiraled. And just for a cool effect, once the corpse hits a polygon, collider, or another soldat, he should blow up from the active jet fuel B-)
There; if someone will make some kind of plane gostek, I just made aircraft in Soldat xD

And body parts should fly farther when hit by an M79 or 'LAW, & heads shouldn't fly for half a mile when sniped off :-P

MercyM
April 17, 2005, 7:43 pm
Nice... Maybe not always when they fly...
It would be nice that in realistic when a corpse e.g. falls on to your head, you lose health a bit...?

Michal
April 17, 2005, 7:59 pm
Sounds good to me :]
I especially like the Idea of the jets staying on after death.
For the impact explosion I think it should only be when hitting the poly/collider at a really high speed.

zyxstand
April 17, 2005, 8:01 pm
well - firstly, big M has to make a better ragdoll in general that keeps its momentum...then we can talk.

UltraMagnus
April 17, 2005, 9:39 pm
i like all of these ideas lol, would make teh game a helluva lot more funny

Cookie`
April 17, 2005, 10:29 pm
<3 this idea it would be awesome :D legs spinning around carrying corpses lol

Marine
April 17, 2005, 11:12 pm
What if weapons occasionally continued firing after person is killed? That would be pretty awesome. And I say if shot with M79, or M72 from close range the body should explode and send bodyparts flying farther, based on how far it is from launching point.

And I say some corpses catch on fire, maybe even on those Barrett shots that just graze your legs, maybe it catches on fire or something.

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 11:45 pm
didnt captain ben suggest something like this?

Deleted User
April 17, 2005, 11:59 pm
cool ideas.. dont know about the exploding when hitting ground though.. but it would definetly be fun with the jetboots idea :D

sjl21488
April 18, 2005, 1:04 am
lol this is a great idea :D

Futile
April 18, 2005, 11:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystMore Advanced Ragdolls

Yes! I vote in favor!

I would like the soldiers to keep their momentum when killed. Like when I rocketjump across a map, and [IMAGE] it up - blowing my legs off - I just stop short and fall to the ground. It feels so wrong!

Please, let the corpses fly free! ;-)

Also, bullets from high speed weps, such as the barret, shouldn't pass their energy on to the target. It should pass through their bodies like a hot knife through butter, and leave the victim to fall down in a shocked confusion.

Captain Ben
April 18, 2005, 11:35 am
That happens, depending on the health of the victim, sometimes killing off a second one...

DT
April 18, 2005, 3:22 pm
yea its kinda funny how heads fly so far when you snipe em

xXShavoXx
April 18, 2005, 3:25 pm
Hmm, this idea reminds me of Tribes: Vengeance. That's one of the most satisfying games to kill someone in just from that effect alone.

zambo_the_clown
April 18, 2005, 4:40 pm
ive been waiting for something like this >:D This would bring great humor along with the blood splat when they hit a polygon!!!

Deleted User
April 18, 2005, 6:26 pm
Hooray. but what are the odds of this being a part of the new version?

Alamo
April 18, 2005, 6:52 pm
I'd like some death animations like the flying leg you mentioned. The flying heads should not be changed, they simply belong to Soldat ;) And a Soldat cramping his finger around the trigger in the moment of death would be quite nice ^^

blackdevil0742
April 18, 2005, 7:21 pm
I like this idea :P

Valcorr
April 19, 2005, 12:10 am
I would like to see something like after your head gets sniped off or you just die while running you would keep going or something.

Elemental
April 19, 2005, 1:14 am
this idea, if put into the new version, Im sure people could get cool ideas and make awesome movies with it :D
There are always weird things that happen!

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 1:15 am
Hmmm, malfunctioning jetboots sending soldats flying around the arena..Me likey :D whoo yeah

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 1:32 am
^^ Indoopadaply, awesomeness :)

Deleted User
April 19, 2005, 2:23 am
Go ragdoll!! One problem though. A lot of people would purposely die to watch themselves explode. Although it would be sweet if you purposely jet when you die so that you hit an enemy.

Keron Cyst
April 20, 2005, 9:04 pm
That's the whole point B-)

EDIT Well, actually, I wouldn't try that, because from my suggestion I'm assuming that the malfunctioning jet boot flies in a random direction every time, and even if you could calculate the correct trajectory, you're still committing suicide :-/ I personally wouldn't take +1 death for +1 point...

Deleted User
April 20, 2005, 9:29 pm
I like that jet-body idea , it's really ...cool :D

Michal Marcinkowski
April 21, 2005, 1:00 pm
It would be really cool effect if the jets were working after death!

quote: well - firstly, big M has to make a better ragdoll in general that keeps its momentum...then we can talk.
I should fix the momentum in the next version.

Deleted User
April 21, 2005, 6:45 pm
*bows to teh almighty*

I would reeeally love thiss

Keron Cyst
April 22, 2005, 3:26 pm
I also think that if you shoot the spiraling body, depending on which weapon you're using (for example, the powerful shotgun) you can have it go in a different direction; shoot at the jet boots from behind and you can trigger its explosion in mid-air B-)

Deleted User
April 22, 2005, 7:47 pm
Im not too keen on the whole "exploding thing" but the different direction thing would be fun

Keron Cyst
April 23, 2005, 4:21 pm
? You can already shoot a body in a different direction when its ragdolling as Soldat is right now (just really weak); I'm talking about using it to avert potential disaster :-P

Deleted User
April 23, 2005, 6:00 pm
I think its enough that it spins like crazy when u hit it in air..
if the exploding thing comes in soldat, I wouldnt like it.
atleast there could be a button to toggle it on/off as im sure that im not the only one thats not to keen on the explodig idea :/

Keron Cyst
April 23, 2005, 11:15 pm
A button to turn it off? You mean, as a server option? I guess... :-/

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 1:06 am
Mmm, no exploding, But I love the jets staying on idea :)

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 11:58 am
yea.. im not the only one disliked it =) and yes I mean a button in the menu

Captain Ben
April 24, 2005, 1:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiIt would be really cool effect if the jets were working after death!

And who devoted a whole thread to that idea!?!
Ah well, I'd like to see that bodies 'stick' to walls and hang :P

Keron Cyst
April 24, 2005, 4:29 pm
"Sticky" polygons, perhaps (where, for living soldaten, they can't jump or jet and move slower)?

Svirin Kerath
April 24, 2005, 7:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascoodidnt captain ben suggest something like this?

i dunno, but i love your sig! =D

btw, this idea's neat, but not necessary. could cause complications...

Deleted User
April 24, 2005, 7:27 pm
huuh?

Keron Cyst
April 24, 2005, 9:38 pm
Yeah, it might increase lag... :-/ All the more reason to set it as optional for servers!

Kyklis
April 24, 2005, 9:59 pm
I got one :P. If you get shot in the neck with a beret...or with any weapon for that matter, and it kills you, your soldat should drop his gun, bring his hands up to his neck, all the while while blood spurts out and runs down his hands, then he'd jsut drop. Or If a soldat is shot in the leg by beret shot and it kills him...which is almost always would, his leg should be blown off, and should spurt blood, and he should just trip onto the ground. I also think there should be a cool knife kill. Like you stab into the body, then the guy drops his guns and grabs at your hands, then you trhust the knife up, thereby ripping the poor guy pretty much in half :P. You wouldn't have to show the pieces falling apart either. So it would go like this. You'd get close and stab the guy in the stomach. Hed grab your hands while blood spurted out, like when you are almost dead and a little trickle of blood comes out. Then, you'd push the knife UP, and your hand would end up over yours head with the knife pointing right up, and this huge gush of blood would come out of the guys head, and he'd just wobble for a sec then drop :P. Maybe im a bit too twisted...

Keron Cyst
April 25, 2005, 1:05 am
That's not really ragdoll (customized anim.), but I'd like special knife melee moves anyways :-P [That really should be split into a nother thread.]

sjl21488
May 1, 2005, 1:38 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandwell - firstly, big M has to make a better ragdoll in general that keeps its momentum...then we can talk.

Yes i hate how the current rag doll just turns into a ball of human meant/flessh and rolles down a hill. i mean O.O

Deleted User
May 1, 2005, 5:48 pm
yea.. it doesn't look real at all:|

i think the bodyparts should be better connected. Big M should do it, cause he's responsible for this dang masterpiece:p

sjl21488
May 4, 2005, 4:36 am
true dat?

b00stA
May 4, 2005, 2:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by sjl21488true dat?

Stop spamming?
Thanks.

Keron Cyst
May 5, 2005, 4:20 am
So, judging from the last half of Michal's response, I'm assuming this won't be implemented any time soon?... {:-/

EDIT, and the largest topic resurrection I've done at these forums Also, regarding the ragdoll of the corpses, I think that only the arm body images, and one of the leg images should be allowed to overlap. The head image, although attached to the torso, should always stick out, and one leg should always stick out as well (arms and the other leg can be anywhere). This would make the soldaten's corpses look more realistic in that you can more easily distinguish the individual body parts.

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 8:39 pm
can you post exactly what he said?

Keron Cyst
June 29, 2005, 2:42 am
What who said? Michal? Go to the first place and search Michal Marcinkowski starting from the top, going down, case-sensitive.

Crap. I just gave this thread a not-so-lucky # of views o.O' That's already happened to my Post Count... *hits F5*

im Spicy
June 29, 2005, 3:44 am
quote:[i] A lot of people would purposely die to watch themselves explode. Although it would be sweet if you purposely jet when you die so that you hit an enemy.
only complete morons/noobs would do that.

Keron Cyst
June 29, 2005, 4:42 am
I'd do that...

Zegovia
June 29, 2005, 11:09 pm
This sounds awesome, but the explosion thingie would be deffinently rare.

I got an small idea to, if you are shot in the feet while flying, the jets have then a small risk of malfunction, so that they stop working (fuel depleted untill next respawn) or just go havoc so the player spinns and such.

Deleted User
June 30, 2005, 2:58 pm
All of these ideas are great, I say. It would be fun to see a dead body spinning like crazy in air. The bodies should explode (when using jet as dead) if crashed into a wall very fast. It would also nice to see a dead corpse shooting a few bullets as a reflex.

These ideas should work very randomly, especially the reflexshooting. And I would probably make movie out of these if they get through.

Boer
July 1, 2005, 8:28 am
It whould look awesome if there'd be smoke coming out of jets when you have low health, or maby if a spesific (only a few square pixels) region has been shot.. maby then if plumes of smoke is coming out, and a bullet hits it again, there whould be a chance for you to blow up.. the jets could even malfunction, 75% power, sputtering like an old engine..
It would be interesting to have some kind of mechanical damage, rather then just bodily damage.

moysturfurmer
July 1, 2005, 7:22 pm
I'm all for the exploding jets idea. If not that, then "cluster sized" explosions on 1 second intervals during a "jet death" or whatever it shall be called.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 5:24 am
quote:Originally posted by BoerIt whould look awesome if there'd be smoke coming out of jets when you have low health, or maby if a spesific (only a few square pixels) region has been shot.. maby then if plumes of smoke is coming out, and a bullet hits it again, there whould be a chance for you to blow up.. the jets could even malfunction, 75% power, sputtering like an old engine..
It would be interesting to have some kind of mechanical damage, rather then just bodily damage.
Sounds good. Maybe the jets would get damage if shot? But not destroyed, just damaged.

Zero72
July 2, 2005, 5:31 am
Ok, my 2 cents.

Jets staying on after death = good. It would also be cool that if a leg was shot off, the leg itself would spiral around madly until the fuel expired.

Corpse colliding with living players (or other such kamakaze tactics) = very bad.

Explosion on impact = Ok, I guess, but only if it was really rare.

Other exploding = Bad.

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 6:22 am
'Member, this would only happen if you were jetting while you died. I'm hardly ever jetting when I die.

Unlucky 13
July 2, 2005, 9:51 am
Weird, cause I am almost always jetting while I die. Must be different play styles.

Kamakazi attacks, corpses damage etc.: Not... very... good... at... all. People don't collide yet, so why should corpses?
Explosions: Only if the explosion doesn't interact with others, otherwise it could really stuff up game play. With this idea as well, considering corpses are completely client-side, making any kind of interaction would need recoding and cause higher pings. Maybe just the body explodes in a bloody, fleshy rain.
Leg flight: As long as it is rendered client-side after trajectory and fuel level is set, I'd love to see this.
Normal flight: As above, this would also be cool. With different amounts of body left in-tact, the physics of the corpse should change, although make it completely client-side for lag reduction. May take a bit of coding for mai suggestion though.

Keron Cyst
July 2, 2005, 5:24 pm
Well, true; I wondered about lag spikes. Even with no damage it'd still be a cool effect :-D

archaus
July 3, 2005, 1:01 am
the jest spiral would be down right awsome. Dying is style is almost as cool as killing with style. The finger cramping is just as good, being that it actually happens and should totaly be included on machine guns.

The @venger
July 5, 2005, 8:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHyea.. it doesn't look real at all:|

i think the bodyparts should be better connected. Big M should do it, cause he's responsible for this dang masterpiece:p
less flexibility in the limbs?

Keron Cyst
July 5, 2005, 9:45 pm
No, I want some images to be unallowed to overlap (see my first post on this page).

VodkaZombie
July 5, 2005, 10:58 pm
You come up with idea's that change the whole concept of soldat, it just doesnt fit in. Let soldat be soldat.

Hoodlum
July 5, 2005, 11:00 pm
Sounds good but I don't like how the person who gets hit would die as that would suck when playing in a CW as alot of people are attacking together so someone would be getting hit every 5 seconds. Take out the person it gets collided with out then it would be good.

Keron Cyst
July 5, 2005, 11:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieYou come up with idea's that change the whole concept of soldat, it just doesnt fit in. Let soldat be soldat.
Are you referring to me? Michal Marcinkowski himself posted in this thread and thought it was a good idea (it's in the first or second page somewhere). This is still letting Soldat be itself...

VodkaZombie
July 6, 2005, 2:35 am
I didnt notice that he posted it himself, but it still let alone doesnt change my opinion. I like soldat how it is now.

Keron Cyst
July 6, 2005, 2:40 am
That's why I also said (somewhere on the 1st-3rd page) that due to your idea and the fact that the explosions may increase lag, they could be a server option. But still, I'd love just corpses are still flying around implemented xD